Matt Dickey approved

BLIKNS

Found this website by mistake,was looking for pelicans. Okay please clue me in on the joke Matt Dickey approved,was he the announcer?

Matt Dickey was the player for UNC-Asheville( think that's right) who was said to be a player for SLU in a game photo last year. The caption said something like "Matt Dickey of SLU goes after a rebound against a player for UGA."

And it wasn't some random website that had the photo and caption. It was the Post Dispatch / STLtoday.

Found this website by mistake,was looking for pelicans. Okay please clue me in on the joke Matt Dickey approved,was he the announcer?

Matt Dickey is the most famous Billiken of all-time who never put on a jersey. Junior guard for UNCA and wears #2.

Bill Johnson is the play-by-play dude from the U of P game. He is notorious for his ramblings between breaks and forgets to turn off the mic. He coined the new mascot - The Pelican. He is soon to be a Pelican HOFer.

Matt Dickey is the most famous Billiken of all-time who never put on a jersey. Junior guard for UNCA and wears #2.

Bill Johnson is the play-by-play dude from the U of P game. He is notorious for his ramblings between breaks and forgets to turn off the mic. He coined the new mascot - The Pelican. He is soon to be a Pelican HOFer.

Nice to see the Pelican on the board. And a Matt Dickey photo. Long overdue.

Nice to see the Pelican on the board. And a Matt Dickey photo. Long overdue.

Agreed! Glad to be on here. Longtime reader (since almost the beginning) and thought this was a perfect way to join the conversation. A little homage to the best Pelican guard ever. One day there will be a Matt Dickey bobblehead!

No I am not Metz. I can promise you this. I am a true billiken fan. Went to SLU in the 90's. Trust me, I am not that idiot.

Dickey is putting up 18 ppg this year so far. Shooting 40% from 3 as well. Good for Dickey.

Dickey is putting up 18 ppg this year so far. Shooting 40% from 3 as well. Good for Dickey.

Matt Dickey goes 5-6 from the field for 14 points and 6 assists tonight in a 70-50 win on the road to open the conference season. What a BAMF.

• 2 months later...

Matt Dickey goes 5-6 from the field for 14 points and 6 assists tonight in a 70-50 win on the road to open the conference season. What a BAMF.

Matt Dickey strikes again! Hits the game winner to down Coastal Carolina at the buzzer.

Top 10 on Sports Center tonight...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppvSBlfstpM

while watching sportscenter this morning and being surprised by the number one entry on the daily top ten with the matt dickey exploits, i had a little tear of joy running down my cheek. if only matt would have been here this year. the season............it's too hard to talk about.

And it wasn't some random website that had the photo and caption. It was the Post Dispatch / STLtoday.

Usually forgotten in this story is that the photo was the official game photo released by Georgia State (or whoever we were playing that night) very late in the news cycle. Graphics (non-sports) editor looks for photo, finds the "official" one, and posts it before any of the grown-ups see it. Roy's favorite online sports editor sees it very early the next morning and requires our portable defibrillator. B)

Usually forgotten in this story is that the photo was the official game photo released by Georgia State (or whoever we were playing that night) very late in the news cycle. Graphics (non-sports) editor looks for photo, finds the "official" one, and posts it before any of the grown-ups see it. Roy's favorite online sports editor sees it very early the next morning and requires our portable defibrillator. B)

Well good thing we got the screenshot

Posted Image