Rob Loe

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone else question why RL is dribbling the ball, especially with the game on the line and the game is within one score of being tied? I have a bad angle to the left corner of the floor in the second half, so I can't really say whether he had a seam there to get to the basket or not.

Can anyone comment?

mhg

It looks like he's agile enough to get to the basket. But its always hard for a 6'11" guy to put the ball on the floor. And Loe is not especially quick so that hurts.

Does anyone else question why RL is dribbling the ball, especially with the game on the line and the game is within one score of being tied? I have a bad angle to the left corner of the floor in the second half, so I can't really say whether he had a seam there to get to the basket or not.

Can anyone comment?

mhg

He had it made if he didn't lose control of the ball, he had room just plain lost control.

Rob Loe should never be allowed to drive. NEVER.

Let him hit the 3 and occasionally post up.

He will be lethal if Reed is back. The two can pass it in and out. in and out. back and forth. until one has the shot. It's like mixing mentos with diet coke. FREE WILLLIE!

Rob Loe should never be allowed to drive. NEVER.

Let him hit the 3 and occasionally post up.

He will be lethal if Reed is back. The two can pass it in and out. in and out. back and forth. until one has the shot. It's like mixing mentos with diet coke. FREE WILLLIE!

I disagree. I think he can drive baseline as long as he uses the baseline to protect the ball. Willie improved his driving ability in his sophomore year and Loe can too. Loe isn't exactly the player you kick the ball out to. He is at his best on pick and pop plays.

The sooner that you get the thought that Rob is not an Ian Voyoukas like post man, the better off we will all be. He is a shooter. Hopefully, he will give us the occasional low-post move or offensive rebound, but his game is facing the basket. ON that final drive, he beat his man baseline, but just lost control of the ball. He is a different kind of center than we're used to seeing.

bad boyz for life

The sooner that you get the thought that Rob is not an Ian Voyoukas like post man, the better off we will all be. He is a shooter. Hopefully, he will give us the occasional low-post move or offensive rebound, but his game is facing the basket. ON that final drive, he beat his man baseline, but just lost control of the ball. He is a different kind of center than we're used to seeing.

bad boyz for life

+1

Our problem last night was not Rob Loe driving twice out of ten times with an touch outside the arc. He hit five, missed three, was fouled once and lost the ball once. Our problem was not being fully able to exploit this. It opens up the middle, Jett, McCall, Salecich and Cassity have to drive. We will get better, I would have preferred we be 2-1 at this point but c'est la vie.

bad boyz for life

+infinity

I'm tired of people expecting Loe to be the second coming of Heinrich.

('but he's sooooo tall')

Loe's an oversized shooting guard, he's out there to force defensive mismatches, the sooner our fanbase accepts this the better.

(and he showed what a good shooting guard he is Saturday, he's the best shot on the team now, with Kyle Cassity a close second)

Loe has a good handle. Against opposing big men guarding him closely on the perimeter he should put it on the floor every time. He's faster than given credit for, at least faster than anybody who would guard him.

Even Ian regularly put the ball on the floor. He had more than a few drive and dunks from the 3 point line.

+infinity

I'm tired of people expecting Loe to be the second coming of Heinrich.

('but he's sooooo tall')

Loe's an oversized shooting guard, he's out there to force defensive mismatches, the sooner our fanbase accepts this the better.

(and he showed what a good shooting guard he is Saturday, he's the best shot on the team now, with Kyle Cassity a close second)

I don't think he's the second coming of Heinrich. However, I do think that if he can attain some resemblance of a low post game he could be extremely tough to guard..damn near unstoppable.

If the other team is playing man, you could argue Loe driving biggest mis-match. He's more mobile than most big men out there, so I have no problem with him dribbling it around a little bit.

Thank you. My thoughts exactly. I think he moves very well for a 6'11" kid - and he is only a frosh. Also, has anyone watched how fast he runs down the floor? He is ALWAYS hustling big time. This kid is going to be big time. He has the physical stature, the skills, and the fire. Just wait...

A freshman big man scored 19. Usually young big men fall over their own feet for the first few years. I say let them play because a program at SLU's level cannot recover from having their two best players TAKEN from them. It should be fun to watch these kids develop. I will take this team over any Lisch, Liddell led team easily. I will take what we can now. Feels like November 2008.

My main concern is that Loe needs to be able to D up opposing centers and grab defensive rebounds. If he can guard like Heinrich and rebound like Vouyoukas (or better), then he'll be the best Billiken ever.

RL is better coming in than WR.

They have different skill sets: one of which according to Majerus we won't have academic suspensions with Loe.

Freshman year we were all surprised when Willie outplayed BT.

Loe comes in with better stamina and credentials.

What impressed me most in the game Loe scrambled after low passes and low lose balls.

Loe will never be a five but he will swing in and out scoring from passes that penetrate to him; he has very good hands and balance.

The other tall person that impresses me is the tallest of the Saintsations. Whoever she is I hope her kids go to SLU as she is very athletic

RL is better coming in than WR.

They have different skill sets: one of which according to Majerus we won't have academic suspensions with Loe.

Freshman year we were all surprised when Willie outplayed BT.

Loe comes in with better stamina and credentials.

What impressed me most in the game Loe scrambled after low passes and low lose balls.

Loe will never be a five but he will swing in and out scoring from passes that penetrate to him; he has very good hands and balance.

The other tall person that impresses me is the tallest of the Saintsations. Whoever she is I hope her kids go to SLU as she is very athletic

1) Loe is better than Willie coming in. But remember that Willie hadnt played organized basketball in a year and a half. He was getting by on sheer athleticism and nose for the ball. Loe is getting by on skill and size.

2) Not sure you can say Loe is better conditioned. He might be, but he hasn't proven it.

3) Why can't Loe be a five? He seems to understand how to rebound, he's just too weak to do it consistently. Once he gets stronger, he will be able to play 5 or 4. He will just stretch the floor when he does it. I see him and CR being a good frontcourt next year and beyond.

You have to be excited about this class though. JJ, RL, MM and DE + JB coming in next year equals a darn good starting lineup. Its an exciting future.

1) Loe is better than Willie coming in. But remember that Willie hadnt played organized basketball in a year and a half. He was getting by on sheer athleticism and nose for the ball. Loe is getting by on skill and size.

2) Not sure you can say Loe is better conditioned. He might be, but he hasn't proven it.

3) Why can't Loe be a five? He seems to understand how to rebound, he's just too weak to do it consistently. Once he gets stronger, he will be able to play 5 or 4. He will just stretch the floor when he does it. I see him and CR being a good frontcourt next year and beyond.

You have to be excited about this class though. JJ, RL, MM and DE + JB coming in next year equals a darn good starting lineup. Its an exciting future.

Since you bring up next year Manning will take over from CR at the 5 although I did like Remekun's one underneath the defender move-with visions he could add that to his repertoire

Can anyone comment?

mhg

I don't agree. Loe can take it to the hoop. It just didn't work out. It will be exciting watching all aspects of this kid's game develop. Be patient.

Since you bring up next year Manning will take over from CR at the 5 although I did like Remekun's one underneath the defender move-with visions he could add that to his repertoire

How can you just say Manning will take over at the 5? That is just a dumb statement. Maybe it will happen, maybe it won't But to just say without giving any further thought that a freshman who you have never seen play, who is not particularly highly regarded (he is a great get, but its not like were talking about a cant miss stud here) will come in and replace a junior is ludicrous and a slap in the face to CR.

It may sound arrogant but so what. I'm 100% sure I've done more research about JM than you have and I can say that he is far from a complete prospect. He didn't have offers from a lot of big-time schools. He isn't highly rated by recruiting sites. He didn't put up big numbers for his high school team. He didn't even start for his summer team and yet you just say he will start at the 5. Actually, I would expect JM to redshirt next year.

CR is still developing. Think about this: he is nearly two years younger than Ellis and Salecich, his fellow sophomores. He put on a lot of muscle in the off-season and showed good work ethic. He is still raw in the post but he is developing. He our most athletic big and our best defensive big. Yet you feel know hesitation just saying JM will start over him next year. Just stupid.

Our problem last night was not Rob Loe driving twice out of ten times with an touch outside the arc. He hit five, missed three, was fouled once and lost the ball once. Our problem was not being fully able to exploit this. It opens up the middle, Jett, McCall, Salecich and Cassity have to drive. We will get better, I would have preferred we be 2-1 at this point but c'est la vie.

Agree totally. A guy like Loe should provide some space on the inside for passes to a big. Problem is we don't have anyone right now that can take the pass and score. BC still can't score in traffic from 2 feet. And those were horrendous misses... not even close. And CR is still finding his way offensively. This is where WR would have come up huge playing alongside Loe. If Loe continues to connect from beyond the arc at his current pace, teams are going to have to put a big on him. It's too bad he missed so many minutes due to fouls. Not enough time on the floor against their 3-2 zone to really determine if he was a zone buster. By the way GA playing a 3-2 showed little respect for our inside game. Obviously they wanted max pressure against the 3 and to force traps to get TO's. You don't see many teams playing a 3-2 zone.

How can you just say Manning will take over at the 5? That is just a dumb statement. Maybe it will happen, maybe it won't But to just say without giving any further thought that a freshman who you have never seen play, who is not particularly highly regarded (he is a great get, but its not like were talking about a cant miss stud here) will come in and replace a junior is ludicrous and a slap in the face to CR.

It may sound arrogant but so what. I'm 100% sure I've done more research about JM than you have and I can say that he is far from a complete prospect. He didn't have offers from a lot of big-time schools. He isn't highly rated by recruiting sites. He didn't put up big numbers for his high school team. He didn't even start for his summer team and yet you just say he will start at the 5. Actually, I would expect JM to redshirt next year.

CR is still developing. Think about this: he is nearly two years younger than Ellis and Salecich, his fellow sophomores. He put on a lot of muscle in the off-season and showed good work ethic. He is still raw in the post but he is developing. He our most athletic big and our best defensive big. Yet you feel know hesitation just saying JM will start over him next year. Just stupid.

JM is regarded by the coach as a true five with post skills. I'll take his enthusiasm over yours any day.

I don't know what kind of research you could possibly be doing if you don't like JM and the entire coaching staff does.

As for CR he is too short to be an impact player at the 5. JM is 240 pounds as a high schooler. Other than one game last year and the game against Georgia's second stringer I'd say coach would still like to have CR be the redshirt. I make my judgement on the games where he reminds me of Sekue Barentine or John Seyfort rather than Izik Ohanon or Pederson whose slight bodies did not keep them from having their successes. Hell, Conklin has twice the points per game and rebounds per game and everyone is disappointed he is not the comeback player of the year after playing hurt as a soph. Try researching what Cory has done for us with his big chance instead of putting down a recruit who will give us 4 years of post play. I hear he is more like Heinrich than Sloan which will take some heat off JJ, CS, and BC for being the only enforcers on the team. I'll believe in CR when you show me his offensive rebounds are better than Conklin's. Cory will not stand up to A10 centers. He had 1.8 rebounds per game last year.

This team no longer has the answer at the 5, period

-settle down Francis