Free Willie and Kwamain

bk18

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the best thing would be for them to redshirt but I would bet if they come back and play right away the Fetz will be jam packed that night.

Put me in the camp against redshirting them. I am sick of always waiting for next year and the time it is constantly buying Rickma before we demand results. If both players are cleared to play it is time for Rickma to produce results in the second half.

Also, if by the 12-13 season we don't have players in the program that can at least replace ( if not improve upon) the production of WR and KM........ then the Rickma era is going to be a big dissapointment. Six years in you better have brought in the talent to replace and improve upon the guys you brought in as your first true recruiting class.

Put me in the camp against redshirting them. I am sick of always waiting for next year and the time it is constantly buying Rickma before we demand results. If both players are cleared to play it is time for Rickma to produce results in the second half.

Also, if by the 12-13 season we don't have players in the program that can at least replace ( if not improve upon) the production of WR and KM........ then the Rickma era is going to be a big dissapointment. Six years in you better have brought in the talent to replace and improve upon the guys you brought in as your first true recruiting class.

+1

Redshirting KM could slow development of MM and JJ. WR will not be here for 2.5 more years, may as well use him while we got him.

+1. The A10 is winnable this year, but only if we have willie and kwamain. I went to the wofford vs xavier game. Holloway changed his name to "Tu", which automatically makes me hate xavier even more. XU does not have very talented bigs, and with them as the reigning A10 champs, this gives us an opportunity. (freese is an oaf)

Go bills.

Also, I realize this only mentions xavier, but frankly, they have been such a big thorn in our side. These 2 point losses get really old, and having a home and home against xu now, I think we at least split the series if we have willie and gucci kwamane back.

+1. The A10 is winnable this year, but only if we have willie and kwamain. I went to the wofford vs xavier game. Holloway changed his name to "Tu", which automatically makes me hate xavier even more. XU does not have very talented bigs, and with them as the reigning A10 champs, this gives us an opportunity. (freese is an oaf)

Go bills.

Also, I realize this only mentions xavier, but frankly, they have been such a big thorn in our side. These 2 point losses get really old, and having a home and home against xu now, I think we at least split the series if we have willie and gucci kwamane back.

I hope they redshirt. By the time they become eligible to play second semester our post-season hopes will probably already be non-existent short of winning the A-10 tournament. On top of that, regardless of the shape they are in when they arrive, it will take them a couple games at least to get back into the flow of things. I would say at best we will have them at "full strength" for a third of a season.

Kwamain has always seemed serious about getting his degree. I would be shocked if he redshirted and then did not play out the next two seasons.

Willie is certainly more of a wild card in terms of how long he will stay around but I still would not mind if he redshirts though I will be surprised if he does

I hope they redshirt. By the time they become eligible to play second semester our post-season hopes will probably already be non-existent short of winning the A-10 tournament. On top of that, regardless of the shape they are in when they arrive, it will take them a couple games at least to get back into the flow of things. I would say at best we will have them at "full strength" for a third of a season.

Kwamain has always seemed serious about getting his degree. I would be shocked if he redshirted and then did not play out the next two seasons.

Willie is certainly more of a wild card in terms of how long he will stay around but I still would not mind if he redshirts though I will be surprised if he does

I think I would want both KM and WR to either redshirt or play, but both do the same thing.

+100. Screw redshirting...i want them to play now. Also agree that if Rick needs these players in two years, he hasn't done his job.

This has all played out as it was supposed to have. It created a lot of anxiety and exasperation on the way, but this is exactly how it was supposed to go down.

- CE gets ill and would have played bad even if WR and KM were back due to poor health. This opens up opportunities for others to play and develop their game and allows RM to shift players around in the lineup giving great experience to all.

- RL would have been more successful on the outside had WR and KM been here, but because they weren't he had to work more on his inside game. When working on this inside game, RL realizes he has a long way to go and puts in even more effort than he would have if WR amd KM were here.

- JJ and MM are getting great time time with KM not being here. Their forced early play has made them develop very quickly and will benefit the bills in the short and long term.

- DE has gotten more time to show his skills and learn the game and we will benefit from this in the short and long term.

- CR has had his lumps from his close friends being gone, but he has learned how to deal with adversity and should he have to deal with any adversity in the future he will be ready. Had this not happened, we could have had some future woes.

- WR comes back and plays hard and I mean All-American hard. He has something to prove and he's going to prove it and will.

- KM takes the redshirt because he sees that the Bills are in good shape upon WR return and with the play of JJ and KM, he knows there will not be a step back in play.

- RL lights it up like he did in the Georgia game every game now that WR is the presence down low. RL's skills were improved while WR wasn't around and now has a more all around game.

- CR is so happy his two close friends are back on the team and becomes a beast off the bench to spell WR.

- KM helps everybody get better during practice.

- CE heals and with the return of WR and KM in practice, starts going on a shooting spree making 60% of his threes.

- Conklin is so happy being the gel on the team and WR inspires him to make 90% of all bunny shots from here on out.

- We were a poor free throw shooting team, but it was all in our heads. With the added inspiration and enthusiasm, we become a 90% free throw shooting team.

- The entire team is so jazzed they go win out upon WR's return. We tie for first place in the A10 and also win the A10 tourney.

Th committee sees the A10 is down for the year and we get 12 ssed in the tournament and as it usually happens, we knock off the 5 seed.

We make it to the Sweet 16 and can't believe the season of emotions we just experienced.

Next year's team is loaded and with the development of JJ, RL, CR, and MM and with the addition of JB and KM and Willie back for another year we are ranked all year and run the table in the A10, get a great seed and make it to the final four.

All our success allows RM more pull with the University. He listens to the fans and has Guylip Philips fired. Our recruiting improves and we become the premiere mid-major in the country.

Make no mistake, this is all what was supposed to happen.

This has all played out as it was supposed to have. It created a lot of anxiety and exasperation on the way, but this is exactly how it was supposed to go down.

- CE gets ill and would have played bad even if WR and KM were back due to poor health. This opens up opportunities for others to play and develop their game and allows RM to shift players around in the lineup giving great experience to all.

- RL would have been more successful on the outside had WR and KM been here, but because they weren't he had to work more on his inside game. When working on this inside game, RL realizes he has a long way to go and puts in even more effort than he would have if WR amd KM were here.

- JJ and MM are getting great time time with KM not being here. Their forced early play has made them develop very quickly and will benefit the bills in the short and long term.

- DE has gotten more time to show his skills and learn the game and we will benefit from this in the short and long term.

- CR has had his lumps from his close friends being gone, but he has learned how to deal with adversity and should he have to deal with any adversity in the future he will be ready. Had this not happened, we could have had some future woes.

- WR comes back and plays hard and I mean All-American hard. He has something to prove and he's going to prove it and will.

- KM takes the redshirt because he sees that the Bills are in good shape upon WR return and with the play of JJ and KM, he knows there will not be a step back in play.

- RL lights it up like he did in the Georgia game every game now that WR is the presence down low. RL's skills were improved while WR wasn't around and now has a more all around game.

- CR is so happy his two close friends are back on the team and becomes a beast off the bench to spell WR.

- CE heals and with the return of WR and KM in practice, starts going on a shooting spree making 60% of his threes.

- Conklin is so happy being the gel on the team and WR inspires him to make 90% of all bunny shots from here on out.

- We were a poor free throw shooting team, but it was all in our heads. With the added inspiration and enthusiasm, we become a 90% free throw shooting team.

- The entire team is so jazzed they go win out upon WR's return. We tie for first place in the A10 and also win the A10 tourney.

Th committee sees the A10 is down for the year and we get 12 ssed in the tournament and as it usually happens, we knock off the 5 seed.

We make it to the Sweet 16 and can't believe the season of emotions we just experienced.

Next year's team is loaded and with the development of JJ, RL, CR, and MM and with the addition of JB and KM and Willie back for another year we are ranked all year and run the table in the A10, get a great seed and make it to the final four.

All our success allows RM more pull with the University. He listens to the fans and has Guylip Philips fired. Our recruiting improves and we become the premiere mid-major in the country.

Of course you forgot about how Rick hired the girl to get willie and kwamain out of school. :lol:

Eerily prophetic. I love the confidence.

...And I believe.

I think this year's class (Loe, McCall, Jett, Evans, and Barnett) is better than the Reed, Mitchell, Conklin and Cassity class. Time will tell, but I really like those five guys.

I think this year's class (Loe, McCall, Jett, Evans, and Barnett) is better than the Reed, Mitchell, Conklin and Cassity class. Time will tell, but I really like those five guys.

I tend to agree. That is why I don't see the need to save a year of eligibilty for WR or KM.

We still haven't found an heir apparent to Reed though.

Agree, but I see no way Willie is still here in 12-13 if the school lets him back in. Get what we can out of the players while they are here and quit the crazy talk about red shirting them for the year.