Free Willie and Kwamain

bk18

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm beginning to think the decisions our guys made were even worse than before.

Why would anyone want to run a train on something related to this guy?

http://www.slu.edu/x14313.xml

That is not what you would call a pretty man.

Duuuuude is ugly...

I noticed some funny things in his little quote on that page.

"In so many ways, the values that were instilled in me at Saint Louis University have defined who I am today. My entrepreneurial spirit, my curiosity and my personal integrity are all traits that flourished because they were part of my college education. It's a privilege for me to play some small part in ensuring that future generations of students will continue to benefit from the University's enlightened stewardship."

John Cook

...my personal integrity...

-Oh, you mean like threatening to never donate again if you don't get your way? Yeah, integrity...

It's a privilege for me to play some small part in ensuring that future generations of students will continue to benefit from the University's enlightened stewardship.

-I think he meant to say, "It's a privilege for me to play a small part in ensuring that students I don't like won't benefit from the University's enlightened stewardship."

In his defense, John Cook is a really, really nice guy. I've had the pleasure of meeting and speaking with him a couple of times, and I was really impressed with his compassion and kindness; he is pretty down to earth, and doesn't seem to have any of the self-important, self-aggrandizing tendencies that people in his position normally have. Now I'm no expert on the guy, and maybe some other people on this board have had more interactions with him, but I hardly see him as the type of person who would suddenly turn on SLU and say, "These guys are out or you'll never see anything from me again." I think he has more sense than that. I could be wrong, but that's just my take on it.

In his defense, John Cook is a really, really nice guy. I've had the pleasure of meeting and speaking with him a couple of times, and I was really impressed with his compassion and kindness; he is pretty down to earth, and doesn't seem to have any of the self-important, self-aggrandizing tendencies that people in his position normally have. Now I'm no expert on the guy, and maybe some other people on this board have had more interactions with him, but I hardly see him as the type of person who would suddenly turn on SLU and say, "These guys are out or you'll never see anything from me again." I think he has more sense than that. I could be wrong, but that's just my take on it.

C'mon. Its more fun if he's a jerk. Don't go and ruin it.

I don't care if he's nice or not. Our current basketball situation would likely be a lot different right now if he wasn't connected to the girl.

it was probably an empty threat out of him if it is true. he wouldve kept his donations coming anyway

I have deleted the girl's name. Thanks to those who pointed it out.

I think it's bull$hit to erase the girls name. If our boys can get dragged through the mud, why not this chick? (this isn't an attack on you Steve, it's your board and I respect everything you've done for the Billikens...it just pisses me off that this chick's name is not out there too.)

+1.

My source says that 1 of the 2 will return maybe. The problem is that the girl [Name Deleted By Steve] is related to Mr. John Cook and he will have a lot to say about this.

It's December. They should be applying soon, correct?

I think it's bull$hit to erase the girls name. If our boys can get dragged through the mud, why not this chick? (this isn't an attack on you Steve, it's your board and I respect everything you've done for the Billikens...it just pisses me off that this chick's name is not out there too.)

let whomever wants to put her name on the board also publicize their own true identity.

Well, it seems only Willie would have to re-apply, if indeed he asked for a release. Kwamain should be able to just enroll in classes.

The fact that he is the only one to ask for his release doesn't change much at this point. It just allowed him to talk to other schools and vice versa. They both have to go through the same process to get back in.

+1, and good point, Roy.

The fact that he is the only one to ask for his release doesn't change much at this point. It just allowed him to talk to other schools and vice versa. They both have to go through the same process to get back in.

+1, and good point, Roy.

I really hope it's as easy as that- the disciplinary board laid out its requirements. If both KM and WR complete the community service/letters and whatever else they have to do, I sure hope there are no other hoops that either have to jump through...

I really hope it's as easy as that- the disciplinary board laid out its requirements. If both KM and WR complete the community service/letters and whatever else they have to do, I sure hope there are no other hoops that either have to jump through...

I'm ready for the basketball gods to through us a bone. We need this. It's kinda scary to think how good we might be if Willie and Kwamain come back next year.

I also seem like a really nice guy to those who have had the pleasure of meeting me a couple of times, but the better people get to know me, they begin to realize what an arrogant d!ck I am.

+1, and good point, Roy.

All-

Backhand already covered this topic in another thread last week. Why is this still being discussed. Backhand already proved his credibility at the beginning of this mess.