Free Willie and Kwamain

bk18

I emailed the post reporter this:

Subject: Great Story on the SLU Case

Text: By the RFT not you. What a lazy piece of reporting. Are you an intern or some kind of intelligent chimpanzee in a government experiment they let write stories? It is amazing how you can write a story about sexual assault and skip all the key details that would let the reader decide for themselves if there was sexual assault. Lazy plain and simple. Do you even consider how your lazy reporting affects the lives of those students? Probably not, thinking doesn't seem to be your strong point.

Couldn't have said it better!!!

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I emailed the post reporter this:

Subject: Great Story on the SLU Case

Text: By the RFT not you. What a lazy piece of reporting. Are you an intern or some kind of intelligent chimpanzee in a government experiment they let write stories? It is amazing how you can write a story about sexual assault and skip all the key details that would let the reader decide for themselves if there was sexual assault. Lazy plain and simple. Do you even consider how your lazy reporting affects the lives of those students? Probably not, thinking doesn't seem to be your strong point.

I agree the report is not as extensive as the RFT report, but I doubt that the Post would want to publish the details in such a graphic nature. I think this is the best we could have hoped for from the post. I don't think the Post's article makes it seem like an assault took place. All of the comments on the article seem to be of the opinion that no assault took place. Although, I'm sure some of the crazies will come out in the comments over there soon, I'm glad that so far everyone seems to agree that it was just bad decisions all around and not assault.

I agree the report is not as extensive as the RFT report, but I doubt that the Post would want to publish the details in such a graphic nature. I think this is the best we could have hoped for from the post. I don't think the Post's article makes it seem like an assault took place. All of the comments on the article seem to be of the opinion that no assault took place. Although, I'm sure some of the crazies will come out in the comments over there soon, I'm glad that so far everyone seems to agree that it was just bad decisions all around and not assault.

Did you read the article????

"When Mitchell left the bedroom, he smiled and gave another player the OK to enter, the police report said.

The woman said that after Mitchell sexually assaulted her, he left the room and another player entered and assaulted her."

The post article doesn't seem to be of the opinion, sure looks like it was slanted the other way to me. :(

"When Mitchell left the bedroom, he smiled and gave another player the OK to enter, the police report said.

The woman said that after Mitchell sexually assaulted her, he left the room and another player entered and assaulted her."

The post article doesn't seem to be of the opinion, sure looks like it was slanted the other way to me. :(

Good thing the copy editor worked his magic on this piece before it went to print.

The original version read as such:

"When Mitchell left the bedroom, he tweaked his handlebar mustache, covered himself with his cape, smiled, said 'Muahahahaha' and gave another player the OK to enter, the police report said."

I realize that the P-D is probably wise to leave out the graphic details, but the fact that the girl put condoms on two people is a major part of this story.

I suppose my reading of the Post's article might be different than others since I have already read the RFT article and the police report, but the Post did include a lot of "The woman said ..." type of language and included the part about her doing nothing to physically resist the sexual activity. I'm not really trying to defend the Post. I was mainly basing my comments on the fact the the majority of the comments on the Post's article seem to be of the opinion that no assault took place, so I think people are getting that impression from the article. This is good for Kwamain and Willie. However, it could just be that these commentors are people who have also read the RFT or that police report.

I suppose my reading of the Post's article might be different than others since I have already read the RFT article and the police report, but the Post did include a lot of "The woman said ..." type of language and included the part about her doing nothing to physically resist the sexual activity. I'm not really trying to defend the Post. I was mainly basing my comments on the fact the the majority of the comments on the Post's article seem to be of the opinion that no assault took place, so I think people are getting that impression from the article. This is good for Kwamain and Willie. However, it could just be that these commentors are people who have also read the RFT or that police report.

My mom is a religion teacher in a catholic school so she has pretty high morals and is really against this type of activity (and pre-marital sex in general).

After reading the article she called me and said "I think those guys are disgusting but it seems they really got screwed. It sounds like the girl was embarrassed about what she did and needed a quick excuse."

She didnt read the rft report, doesnt listen to sports talk, and doesnt read message boards so the post article was all she was going on. I dont think they explained the situation well but it seems like people are starting to lean towards supporting the players.

So what is your response to what Willie is saying? You seem to know more about what Willie is going to do than he does.

What Willie is saying has nothing to with my opinion on this. Willie has issues outside of this incident and grades. The basketball fan in me would love to see Willie back at SLU. I just don't think it will happen.

• 2 weeks later...

"Everyone do what you can to help"

This discussin is good and the facebook group is a little better but what is needed is a billboard by the Arena saying "Free Willie" and having him dunk on someone. What do these billboards cost? I am thinking maybe $500 or $600 a month. Someone should start a collection, if a decent amount of people pitch in we can get really make some noise. I dont think I would be qualified to handle any money so I think one of the trusted veteran posters, if they agree, should take up a collection. Just an idea and probably a bad one but it would really make some noise

Probably about $3,500 a month on 40. If there is real interest, I have contacts. I would be willing to support.