Free Willie and Kwamain

bk18

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When the feminazis are saying on the subject. http://www.unewsonline.com/2010/11/dear-slu-your-silence-continues/

I commented and my comment was deleted. Apparently they don't preach what Avis Meyer preaches over there at the Unews.

We need to get some SLU students to write letters to the editor in favor of Willie and Kwamain to combat this kind of crap. After reading this letter (and some of the other crap/comments), I wonder if some of these people even take the time to read the police report and articles about the situation or if they just read headlines and listen to rumors.

just read it... what did your comment say?

I questioned whether he even read the report. I said that all he hung his hat on was the fact that they planned to run a train then alot of the guys at SLU should probably be suspended. I said nothing in the report mentioned kwamain or willie doing anything illegal and I'm glad that we have Superman Bretton DeLaria to tell us whats right/wrong moral/immoral legal/illigal. My response was much longer.

We need to get some SLU students to write letters to the editor in favor of Willie and Kwamain to combat this kind of crap. After reading this letter (and some of the other crap/comments), I wonder if some of these people even take the time to read the police report and articles about the situation or if they just read headlines and listen to rumors.

on it... unless they delete it

I questioned whether he even read the report. I said that all he hung his hat on was the fact that they planned to run a train then alot of the guys at SLU should probably be suspended. I said nothing in the report mentioned kwamain or willie doing anything illegal and I'm glad that we have Superman Bretton DeLaria to tell us whats right/wrong moral/immoral legal/illigal. My response was much longer.

Who is Bretton DeLaria? From reading that letter to the editor he sounds like a real joy. I guess "Social Justice" to him is a high class lynching because two black boys touched his women.

Will give it a shot.

That letter to the editor is a joke. It's logic is flawed, it is sexist and it is just silly. I'll at least comment on the letter and I may write a letter in response. If you feel that the players truly did something, then you should voice that concern. But the ignorance and assumptions regarding this issue is ludicrous.

I'd understand that if you were on eboard for slunatics but I don't think you are? And if your not then there's not a whole lot they could do to you I feel like...

My thing is I don't want to be disrespectful to the players on the court. I want to cheer for them. I think signs are great and I support signs whole heartedly I think I'll even make one. I just feel like all other energy should be focused on the action on the court.

Willie won't be coming back no and I would be shocked if he ever played D1 college hoops again. The guy has took bad advice from people who have their own best interest in mind and not Willie's. Add to that the bad decisions that have Willie has made on his own and a ton of damage has been done to Willie.

So what is your response to what Willie is saying? You seem to know more about what Willie is going to do than he does.

that letter is such a joke as is feminism. coming from a girls perspective, after reading the police report i was furious. i do feel bad for the girl somewhat, only because i'm sure it sucks to have your entire life turned upside. but more importantly someone needs to emphasize the fact that THINKING you would rather be elsewhere and ACTING/SAYING you dont want to do something are two very different things. you cannot expect someone to read your mind. everyone has been in the spot where you regret kissing or hooking up with someone. she says she felt like she had no control or that she couldnt leave, well she sure as heck was able to leave when JJ came in.

that letter is such a joke as is feminism. coming from a girls perspective, after reading the police report i was furious. i do feel bad for the girl somewhat, only because i'm sure it sucks to have your entire life turned upside. but more importantly someone needs to emphasize the fact that THINKING you would rather be elsewhere and ACTING/SAYING you dont want to do something are two very different things. you cannot expect someone to read your mind. everyone has been in the spot where you regret kissing or hooking up with someone. she says she felt like she had no control or that she couldnt leave, well she sure as heck was able to leave when JJ came in.

I don't really agree with the content of the letter, and think it misrepesents a lot, but we shouldn't just say that feminism is a joke. Making blanket statements like this does nobody any good.

whoever is in charge of that facebook group, needs to put a link to the police report and like summarize in the info section about how the victim said she THOUGHT she would rather be anywhere else, as opposed to verbally objecting or acting as if she didnt want to. then invite all SLU people, this way when people join the group they will be able to see the info from the actual police report as opposed to headlines talking about rape and such.

whoever is in charge of that facebook group, needs to put a link to the police report and like summarize in the info section about how the victim said she THOUGHT she would rather be anywhere else, as opposed to verbally objecting or acting as if she didnt want to. then invite all SLU people, this way when people join the group they will be able to see the info from the actual police report as opposed to headlines talking about rape and such.

I've always tried to be nice and politically correct on the whole situation, but it's complete BS. I'm sorry this ###### wanted our star players c*ck and would blow any other guy on the team. That's not Kwamain's problem, or anyone else. And when her dad realizes all of this he'll realize he raised a normal girl and shouldn't be ashamed of her. That's what caused this whole problem. She was afraid her family and friends would be ashamed of her.

The problem with all of this is the girl is getting a lot of undesirable PR from this - she comes out looking bad and not just the victim some would want others to believe. I can not imagine that her family who was pushing this really got what they wanted. My guess is they simply wanted to punish the players but did not understand that the girl would be tarnished in the process. This turned into a lose lose situation for everybody directly and indirectly involved. By the way, the Post's summary of the police report in today's paper was very incomplete and did not paint the full picture you would have gotten if you read the RFT article.

I emailed the post reporter this:

Subject: Great Story on the SLU Case

Text: By the RFT not you. What a lazy piece of reporting. Are you an intern or some kind of intelligent chimpanzee in a government experiment they let write stories? It is amazing how you can write a story about sexual assault and skip all the key details that would let the reader decide for themselves if there was sexual assault. Lazy plain and simple. Do you even consider how your lazy reporting affects the lives of those students? Probably not, thinking doesn't seem to be your strong point.