First Game - thoughts

bk18

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There's not much to take from the 1st exhibition game except that Conklin will be 1st team all A-10. He was unstoppable.

I like what Conklin and Evans and Jett bring to the game-hope we learn to wrap ankles better for Conklin's sake-that injury towatrds the end of the game

gave me cause for concern. Would they give us our money back if Conklin and Cassity can't suit up?

I like what Conklin and Evans and Jett bring to the game-hope we learn to wrap ankles better for Conklin's sake-that injury towatrds the end of the game

gave me cause for concern. Would they give us our money back if Conklin and Cassity can't suit up?

Someone reported that it was a knee and not the ankle. This may not make you feel any better though.

It seems like we go through this every year. Some fans over react to how we look in these exhibition games. Most teams don't look good in these game, especially young teams. I remember a couple of years ago, the sky was falling after one of the exhibition games. A week or two later we beat Boston College. Last year, same thing. Looked terrible, a week or two later handle Nebraska. I wouldn't be shocked if we beat Georgia in a couple of weeks. The intensity will improve and the quality of play will get better. I am not expecting miracles this season and there will be a lot of inconsistency, but if KM comes back, I expect we'll be very tough to play against late in the season.

Ace, GA would have been tough w/ WR and KM. Not saying it can't be done, but they're good. And Thompkins is solid. Would not be surprised to see him a 2nd team All American at end of year. Got to find a way to get him in foul trouble so he's on the bench most of the game.

Ace, GA would have been tough w/ WR and KM. Not saying it can't be done, but they're good. And Thompkins is solid. Would not be surprised to see him a 2nd team All American at end of year. Got to find a way to get him in foul trouble so he's on the bench most of the game.

I am aware of the preseason hype about Georgia. They will be good. I am not predicting a win, just saying it wouldn't surprise me like a win at Xavier would. Our game will be Georgia's first true road game and they were poor on the road last year. I will be disappointed if it is not at least a game we have a shot to win down the stretch.

Really all I was doing was clarifying. SLU should play Lindenwood for an exhibition. That would be interesting.

BERNY, are you Brett Thompson's brother? I thought that's who you might be a few weeks ago when you were bashing on Willie but today your comment knowing what level of NAIA Cardinal Stritch is and requesting a Lindenwood game makes me think it even more likely.

BERNY, are you Brett Thompson's brother? I thought that's who you might be a few weeks ago when you were bashing on Willie but today your comment knowing what level of NAIA Cardinal Stritch is and requesting a Lindenwood game makes me think it even more likely.

BERNY = Brett Eats RickMa's Nuts. Yum.

BUSTED.

Believe it or not I just heard a radio ad for Lindenwood basketball. They named Brett Thompson, Kramer Soderberg and Alex Bazzell as the star players. A frightening thought occurred to me that this could have been the core of the Billikens team now if the previous regime was still here. :blink:

They named Brett Thompson, Kramer Soderberg and Alex Bazzell as the star players. A frightening thought occurred to me that this could would have been the core of the Billikens team now if the previous regime was still here. :blink:

No question.

thought the same from the beginnning

Believe it or not I just heard a radio ad for Lindenwood basketball. They named Brett Thompson, Kramer Soderberg and Alex Bazzell as the star players. A frightening thought occurred to me that this could have been the core of the Billikens team now if the previous regime was still here. :blink:

No doubt, but you'd have seniors in Mitchell, McGuire, and a few other kids whose names escape me. Where do you think that bunch would have ended up in the A-10?

No doubt, but you'd have seniors in Mitchell, McGuire, and a few other kids whose names escape me. Where do you think that bunch would have ended up in the A-10?

Relphorde, Knollmeyer. I'd be curious to see what the last two classes would have looked like.

My guess on how we'd be with the old regime: middle of the A10, behind Xavier, Dayton, Temple, Rhody, Richmond each year, and maybe another team that is good in a given year. For his recruiting shortcomings, Sodie kept his teams competitive in conference. Even in the disastrous 9-21 2004-2005 season which saw all seniors miss significant time, we lost 11 of 12 "close" games (those within 6 points or went into OT). With half of those going our way, it's a .500 season despite the injuries. We were always outclassed talent-wise but found ways to win or stay close. The problem with Sodie is that the recruiting would have kept us mired in the middle of any conference, the forgotten team.

I wish they had Lindenwood on their schedule for an exhibition, cause I bet Lindenwood would beat the crap out of Slu and give them a reality check. Other than BC the whole team didnt impress me at all and Rob Loe needs to go back to his country cause other than hittin a couple threes he is the most unathletic guy Slu has recruited in awhile. Just my opinion.

I say this being sarcastic. The Thompson, Soderberg thing makes the game awkward and then the Alex and Kramer thing kind of puts the home town kids spin on it. SLU playing Lindenwood makes no sense. Also Im not bashing Willie, only stating facts about him.

Also SLU sure is a great team. So good you should be bashing kids who went/could have gone there.

I wish they had Lindenwood on their schedule for an exhibition, cause I bet Lindenwood would beat the crap out of Slu and give them a reality check. Other than BC the whole team didnt impress me at all and Rob Loe needs to go back to his country cause other than hittin a couple threes he is the most unathletic guy Slu has recruited in awhile. Just my opinion.

OMG NOOO DON'T SAY THAT! THATS REALLY MEAN!!!! HAHAH Get the ###### out of here, loser.

Soooo, you're saying our 6'11 big man that can shoot 3's already is no good? That makes a ton of sense, you idiot. It's very rare for a freshman center to be dominant physically, and most of them NEVER develop a 3 point shot or anything close to it.

I need some of that stuff you're smoking.

-Just kiddng, Rob Loe is only here because he wasn't good enough for Lindenwood. I thought everyone knew that!