Does anyone realize we have a game tomorrow?

SLU_Nick

What are some of the keys to the game?

For me the keys are:

Can Loe be a scorer right out of the gate?

Will the offense run smoothly starting out the season because we have people who are familiar with it.

Will MM challenge RM to make him a starter?

Will this be televised anywhere?

-Nick

For me the keys are:

Will the offense run smoothly starting out the season because we have people who are familiar with it.

-Nick

i think the key to the games are:

1. will chaifetz turn on the arena lights during the game?

2. will rickma play 5 guys at a time?

3. will the band play new songs?

4. will guy butcher any of the freshmen names?

we are playing stretch the cardinals or something like that.

For me the keys are:

-Nick

C'mon, Nick. We are playing Cardinal Stritch (sp?)...Really!?! Keys to the game?!?!

my season long prediction is Guy Phillips will have a problem remembering JJ's name and next year he will confuse himself further with Jake Barnett starting at the 2

For me the keys are:

-Nick

I know that everyone doesn't care too much about soccer, but a few of us do.

To answer your question, this is a practice game and I think that there's not too much for fans to actually learn from it. It's nice for the players to go up against a team in a different jersey. We'll get to see how a few of the newcomers move and shoot, who moves his feet well on defense, etc. It should be a fun time to get back in the swing of things, and I'd expect a pretty wide margin of victory no matter how rusty we are.

I'm not even sure if the game will be on the radio, much less tv.

Funny note...I went to the 101.1 website to see if the game was going to be broadcast. I couldn't find anything on that, but I saw that the website still had burwell listed as being on the air. http://www.bonneville.com/?nid=46

RE: Number 3. Yes. Look out for Lady Ga-Ga.

i wish the band would utilize the lead singer more. the couple of songs in the past they have ("vehicle" and "living on a prayer") done this have been very successful imo. the only pep band in the world that uses a lead singer. of course the pep band in the world would be expected to go above and beyond.

the band and the baby blues are really the most to look forward to in the exhibition games. ;)

Not to be a pessimist, but if I remember right weren't the two exhibition games last year fairly close? I was a young niaeve frosh last year and we when we were trailing in the second half of one of the exhibitions I thought we were in for a long season...I think this team will turn out to be good but right now I don't think we have the offense firepower to blow anyone out of the water....I'll take Bills by 14

Not to be a pessimist, but if I remember right weren't the two exhibition games last year fairly close? I was a young niaeve frosh last year and we when we were trailing in the second half of one of the exhibitions I thought we were in for a long season...I think this team will turn out to be good but right now I don't think we have the offense firepower to blow anyone out of the water....I'll take Bills by 14

Exhibition games are often ugly. The only thing to really take away from them is the play of the newcomers and even that is limited.

That being said, I'm still excited.

Ummmm......DONE!!! B)

Haha..ok I know the opponent is weak. But I think this debacle of the last 6 weeks has lulled us all to sleep.

But we still get to see the team in action and can look for specific results...I am betting that RM will be focusing on seeing where the Frosh are in terms of development.

In terms of TV...I was hoping more for the feed of the audio visual club broadcasting from one camera at the top of the rafters and streamed to the CBS website. I beleive they did that last year for the exibitions.

I'm so ready for the season to start, that I'm even checking out Stritch's roster.

http://www.stritchwolves.com/roster.aspx?path=mbball

Nobody listed over 6-7

I wanna see the 5'6" kid play!

I wanna see the 5'6" kid play!

The most interesting thing tomorrow nite will be what kind of reception past Billiken great Drew Diener receives. Seriously, I think the most important thing to watch for tomorrow nite is how efficiently they move the ball on offense. If guys are out of place, taking bad shots, not coming off screens, bad spacing, etc then we might figure we're on for a bit of a rough start once the season begins. By the way the SEC's preseason player of the year is the Big kid from GA. Tompkins? Wonder how we'll contain that bad boy when he comes to the Lou.

The most interesting thing tomorrow nite will be what kind of reception past Billiken great Drew Diener receives. Seriously, I think the most important thing to watch for tomorrow nite is how efficiently they move the ball on offense. If guys are out of place, taking bad shots, not coming off screens, bad spacing, etc then we might figure we're on for a bit of a rough start once the season begins. By the way the SEC's preseason player of the year is the Big kid from GA. Tompkins? Wonder how we'll contain that bad boy when he comes to the Lou.

Not to quibble but Drew Deiner was not great. He wasn't even great considering the era. I'd clap for him and and I certainly wish him well......

Exhibition games are often ugly. The only thing to really take away from them is the play of the newcomers and even that is limited.

That being said, I'm still excited.

And also how much of a lightweight the dirtyrican has become

i wish the band would utilize the lead singer more. the couple of songs in the past they have ("vehicle" and "living on a prayer") done this have been very successful imo. the only pep band in the world that uses a lead singer. of course the pep band in the world would be expected to go above and beyond.

the band and the baby blues are really the most to look forward to in the exhibition games. ;)

Roy, the problem with the singers over the years is that we've had a little bit of trouble holding on to them. The one we used for a few years there several years ago was great and is friends with a number of Band members, but something came up that caused him to probably not be as available for games as he used to be. We got a student to sing with us 2 years ago, but it sounded like he had a pretty full schedule between school and his extracurriculars, which included other musical ventures, so we couldn't utilize him as much as we might have liked.

I agree it sounds good when we use a singer when available, but unfortunately unless someone else comes through the woodwork, I don't see it happening this year.

Hteir shooting guard Travis Leslie is ranked as the #4 shooting guard in the country as well. A month ago I was really looking forward to this game as a true test of just how far we have come. Now, I am cringing a bit when I think about it. I'll stay as positive as possible in the meantime.