Channel 5 News

These aren't just statements of opinion.

"you are so wrong. the players were wrong."

"they shouldnt be together in anyone's room at 3 am by themselves. so yes it is improper."

-post #87

so in hindsight, if i had started the three sentences you reference with, "in my opinion...." then they would be opinion? let the record show, "in my opinion....".

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what would that "more" consist of? thanks in advance.

You stated

"we had players put themselves in some sort of situation"

and

"they would naive to think they cant get in trouble or have a situation be exagerated (sic) or just be falsely accused."

These are not opinions.

Any one that ever has sex with a girl has "put themselves in a situation" that could be exaggerated or falsely accused.

We cannot expect players not to have sex for 4 years.

so in hindsight, if i had started the three sentences you reference with, "in my opinion...." then they would be opinion? let the record show, "in my opinion....".

It would help your cause. Now you no longer sound like king of the morality police placing judgment on all those who don't live by your strict code of conduct.

The story is one of the top headlines in the post now. I am interested to hear what all the people not attached to SLU have to say. No new news, just rehashing what was said last night.

My guess would be that the majority of the public will wait till the investgation is over with and wait to see if charges are filed. Thats all you can do at this point.

My guess would be that the majority of the public will wait till the investgation is over with and wait to see if charges are filed. Thats all you can do at this point.

Well I am sure Mizzou fans will have a field day with this and it looks like it is beginning.

Well then, if it was for both girls and guys no one could give consent after a couple of drinks. I'll be away from my computer this afternoon, I have a few civil suits to file.

Ill be in line right behind you filing some of my own.

Time to get back at all those fat girls I slept with that I would of never touched sober.

Well I am sure Mizzou fans will have a field day with this and it looks like it is beginning; here is a post I see when I go onto tigerboard.

KMOX radio in STL reported that 3 SLU basketball players...

Posted on: May 5, 2010 at 13:55:34 CT

Lerxst MU

KMOX radio in STL reported that 3 SLU basketball players have retained defense lawyers. Still no names though although most believe it includes a former Mizzou recruit that CMA passed on due to character and academic issues.

everything in the context of mizzou...

everything in the context of mizzou...

I can understand why Mizzou fans would be a bit harsh. We've been riding high on our horse for a while. I'm sure many Mizzou fans will enjoy a little turnabout. Can we blame them?

I actually read Tigerboard for the first time today. It's pretty intense over there. They are speculating on players (much like the rest of the world), but I only saw one name mentioned.

It's as intense as 6 different posters can drive it. Actually, it's hardly a blip. Most discourse is about the big 10 or reaction to the ku or Nebraska trolls.

I completely disagree. At least at this point.

20 year old men are going to have sex.

We cannot stop that just because they have a scholarship.

You go to a girl's room, she comes to yours, whatever.

You have no way of knowing she's going to scream rape until afterwards.

You can't, at this point, say these kids "put themselves in this situation."

999 times out of 1000, "this situation" is simply two adults having sex.

Unless you are claiming these guys went in with some prearranged plan to sexually assault some girl, you can't comment on "this situation" because you don't know what "this situation" is.

All we know at this point is that "a 20-year-old female student reported two male St. Louis University Students sexually assaulted her between 3 and 4 a.m. Saturday inside a dorm at the Grand Forest Apartments."

So, two guys were with a girl at 3-4am. I'm guessing "this situation" has happened to the vast majority of college athletes.

You cannot control post-occurrence accusations and there's nothing wrong with spending the night with a girl.

How about we wait for the facts to come out before accusing anyone of being less than proper Billikens.

If 2 of the individual suspects are suppose to be in "relationships", specifically they have girlfriends, then I would say that these kids "put themselves in this situation." They get what they get, if they are found guilty.

If 2 of the individual suspects are suppose to be in "relationships", specifically they have girlfriends, then I would say that these kids "put themselves in this situation." They get what they get, if they are found guilty.

:giggles:

Seriously - cheating on your girlfriend. Were supposed to make a rule that no scholarship athlete can cheat on their girlfriend?

Sorry to hear your bitter over one of these guys cheating on you.

But, as they say, There are more fish in the sea.

It's as intense as 6 different posters can drive it. Actually, it's hardly a blip. Most discourse is about the big 10 or reaction to the ku or Nebraska trolls.

I meant intense as it was with every topic. Seems blood runs pretty hot dealing with KU/NU.

I can say that the prospects of moving to the big 10 have dominated most discussions on both the football and basketball board and will likely do so until games start being played again.

Seriously - cheating on your girlfriend. Were supposed to make a rule that no scholarship athlete can cheat on their girlfriend?

Perhaps it is a statement of "character" when you cheat on your significant other.

Perhaps it is a statement of "character" when you cheat on your significant other.

Ah, but that begs the question.

How "significant" is that other if he's willing to cheat on it?

Sometimes, one person thinks the relationship is exclusive and the other doesn't.

We are talking college boyfriend and girlfriend here, not marriage.

I completely disagree. At least at this point.

20 year old men are going to have sex.

We cannot stop that just because they have a scholarship.

You go to a girl's room, she comes to yours, whatever.

You have no way of knowing she's going to scream rape until afterwards.

You can't, at this point, say these kids "put themselves in this situation."

999 times out of 1000, "this situation" is simply two adults having sex.

Unless you are claiming these guys went in with some prearranged plan to sexually assault some girl, you can't comment on "this situation" because you don't know what "this situation" is.

All we know at this point is that "a 20-year-old female student reported two male St. Louis University Students sexually assaulted her between 3 and 4 a.m. Saturday inside a dorm at the Grand Forest Apartments."

So, two guys were with a girl at 3-4am. I'm guessing "this situation" has happened to the vast majority of college athletes.

You cannot control post-occurrence accusations and there's nothing wrong with spending the night with a girl.

How about we wait for the facts to come out before accusing anyone of being less than proper Billikens.

Not accusatory at all. And accept the fact the young will have sex. Believe it or not we even tried back in the 60s. But, and a big but at this point, if it wasn't consentual which is the implication in all of this... then it's not. And agree the vast majority of college athletes have had this opportunity. But right now it's not like every college is going through what we are. Bottom line, let's see what the facts prove or disprove. And believe me, I hope this is all a huge misunderstanding.

seriously you went/are going to saint louis university? your "performance" in this thread has been nothing short of sterling ..... in my opinion.