Possible Bad News...

Are you really this dumb?

I never said that. I said there is a difference between investigating something and determining what has happened. You can't seem to understand that. The police and the prosecutor's office has even made a determination of the facts yet, but somehow you can because you read something on ksdk.com.

He is that dumb. By his logic, the mere act of investigating means the people being investigated are guilty.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly.

When I was at SLU many years ago, there was a student who claimed she was grabbed behind Clemens and raped.

Turned out she made the entire thing up to get attention.

Stranger things happen.

I'll wait for charges.

+1

Hell whenever I sleep with a chick they wake up the next morning with feelings of regret and disappointment.

They dont claim sexual assault but they probably arent to happy with themselves.

What do we know with absolute certainty?

Hardly anything. Some generic reports of a possible sexual assault-2 students were questioned-then they were released...that's it

Either way this is a black mark for SLU...but we need to stop all this damn speculation...

Now would be the time to head over to Francis Xavier and light a candle for the young woman who was assaulted and hope she is ok. The fact no one is even concerned for her well-being is disgusting.

That's not true if you go back to the earlier posts. Many expressed compassion for the young woman... if her charges are valid. Hold off on slipping your quarters into the box until all the facts are in.

Why dont you wake up and probbaly realize that something happened and that basketball players probably were somehow involved. Do you think A Strickland would just report things on the air without having a credible source? You are too busy wanting to be friends with any basketball player and for them to like you to admit that something is going on here. Weren't you the one who tried bribing them with food (Jimmy John sandwiches I believe) if they would hang out with you???

If it is true what I have heard, and that is from a different SLU athlete, then it is pretty bad but I am hoping that is not the case cause it could cause major repercussions to the program with who was involved

Andy Strickland reports things on the air without credible sources all the time. Do you not recall when he reported that Tommie Liddell was grade ineligible. Strickland reads these message boards and then goes on air with the rumors that are being spread. He is a hack.

Andy Strickland reports things on the air without credible sources all the time. Do you not recall when he reported that Tommie Liddell was grade ineligible. Strickland reads these message boards and then goes on air with the rumors that are being spread. He is a hack.

Aren't message boards for rumors? For those of you who are on campus and have heard things, what are you hearing? Who is involved and what are you hearing concerning the incident?

So the police shouldn't come to SLU if there is a 911 call made just because it could be a false report?? That's brilliant.

Are you serious man?

KSDK did not report that she was assaulted. They reported that the police were investigating possible assault charges.

The Police have a duty to investiate suspicious criminal activity. They heard of a Possible SExual Assault so they investigated it.

I could call 911 and say I have been sexually assaulted and they could look into it and according to you that would mean assault took place.

Aren't message boards for rumors? For those of you who are on campus and have heard things, what are you hearing? Who is involved and what are you hearing concerning the incident?

I heard drew deiner and ryan luechtefeld wouldn't take no for an answer from Izik Ohanan

I don't think names should be dropped at this time until things are official

Dave, I'm just saying people are more worried about 2-4 players being removed from the team. That's disturbing.

Wrong, most everyone who's posted on this topic has said if they're charged they go and not even giving them the benefit of being proved innocent. Look, this is a tragic disturbing situation from every one's point of view. The lives and futures of young people are at stake here. That said, this is primarily a board about SLU Hoops. And just as it seems we're on the brink of finally having some success and everyone's looking forward to a great upcoming season, we get sucker punched by this. If her allegations are true, I guarantee every posters thoughts and prayers will be for her well being and urging SLU to dole out the harshest punishment they can - they got to go no matter their status on the team. SLU's program would be an afterthought to 99.9% of the posters. The reaction would be cut 'em because we don't even want suspects wearing the white and blue. But until we know a whole lot more you shouldn't be thowing darts at posters for being an uncaring and selfish bunch of idiots.

It would be idiotic to have what is being said around campus put on this board. I have heard rumors on top of rumors being said. Every person that wants to talk about this subject needs to know that everything being said are rumors and speculation. I have heard names. Am I going to post their names on this board? HELL NO! I hate the rumor mill. I like facts. I"m very impressed that students here on the board are not posting what they have heard because it could potentially ruin a guy's life.

It would be idiotic to have what is being said around campus put on this board. I have heard rumors on top of rumors being said. Every person that wants to talk about this subject needs to know that everything being said are rumors and speculation. I have heard names. Am I going to post their names on this board? HELL NO! I hate the rumor mill. I like facts. I"m very impressed that students here on the board are not posting what they have heard because it could potentially ruin a guy's life.

Posting a players name on this board isn't going to ruin his life. Commiting And being guilty of sexual assault would. All these comments are getting stupid.

Posting a players name on this board isn't going to ruin his life. Commiting sexual assault would. All these comments are getting stupid.

you are self centered and have no sense of fairness. you are a gossip monger.

It shouldnt ruin his life, if he is innocent then everything said on here will be irrelevant. I understand that it doesnt look good for the kid and it would suck to have these rumors swirling for the time being but if he is innocent then he shouldnt really be worried about these rumors ruining his life. If they are true then that would ruin their lives not these rumors.

All of a sudden Kalen Grimes, and Darryl Butterfield look like a saints.

:lol:

It shouldnt ruin his life, if he is innocent then everything said on here will be irrelevant. I understand that it doesnt look good for the kid and it would suck to have these rumors swirling for the time being but if he is innocent then he shouldnt really be worried about these rumors ruining his life. If they are true then that would ruin their lives not these rumors.

All of a sudden Kalen Grimes, and Darryl Butterfield look like a saints.

:lol:

Not true. Look at Duke Lacrosse.

Backhand had refrained from jumping into this post until now...what the hell is a "Gossip Monger"...

Someone who tells the Kid they will get them a beer then disappear?

Wow! Lots of lunacy here ....

Unfortunately, just because its in the paper/media doesn't make it true. Police scanners are to the press what ambulance chasers are to the law profession. Sorry, but its guilty until proven innocent. Someone said this would be hard to cover up with the assualts at Wash U and UMSL. Bright idea --- cover it up. Yeah that works, ask Nixon. Ask Wild Bill Clinton. Ask the governors of South Carolina and New York. Ask Tiger. Burying it works because we all know how the stink of garbage improves with age. And it wasn't chunks, '72, it was more along the line of dlarry's thought. I wouldn't make it through the primaries if I declared for public office.

Interesting that its "sexual assault" and not "rape." Any lawyers out there? What's the difference and how does that work. Facebooks should stay down ---- always. That is just TMI -- too much information placed out in the public domain for all sorts of problems to arise. I know that too because my kids have it and its used buffoonishly.

The story on the Duke DA is interesting --- understand he wanted to make a "name" for himself in taking the Duke boys out. Overzealous and paid for it. Don't get me wrong, what the lacrosse team did at Duke was out of line and deserved reprimand. But someboidy wants a crusade, they'll get it. For the right reasons or not.

Strickland tweets and says join me for the news. Strickland. Slaten. Miklasz. Stephen A. Smith. Kornheiser. Wilbon. Rome. Different levels, all centered around sport news but more entertainment than news. Increase listeneing audience, increase ad sales, increase rates, add profit.

True story: an older well-respected deacon in his church. Runs the altar boys. Three teenagers don't like the deacon. Boys. Altar boys. Charges of fondling. Groping. Exposition. All three stories confirmed by the other kid. Is the deacon guilty? He took a plea deal ---for nothing. All I'm saying is even the "truth" gets twisted.

i want to commend everyone who knows who is involved for not forwarding that info to the rest of us.

you are all so noble! i bet you can't wait to tell the players that you didn't spill. they are gna really like you now

question though, how did you discover which players are in question?