breaking news

This is in the latest Blog from Bernie Miklasz - "And the coach is hoping to land a coveted recruit in Rob Loe, a 7-footer out of New Zealand."

What does a "silent verbal" mean?

It means he made up his mind while in the library. It doesn't literally mean silent, more like a whisper.

This is in the latest Blog from Bernie Miklasz - "And the coach is hoping to land a coveted recruit in Rob Loe, a 7-footer out of New Zealand."

I don't know, but I will take it. What a huge addition this would be to our roster.

confirmed silent verbal from much discussed prospect. Nark will get this.

Will Loe clear and be able to play from day #1? I remember reading back in December that he may have to go to a prep school for a year, is my memory failing me or have these potential issues been taken care of?

Will Loe clear and be able to play from day #1? I remember reading back in December that he may have to go to a prep school for a year, is my memory failing me or have these potential issues been taken care of?

I have heard from a few people that SLU was the school that helped him get through the clearinghouse. He will be cleared to play.

Well, SLU should have the requisite experience with the clearinghouse.

The CE Delay was actually a 2-for-1 Majerus worked out where they pre-cleared Loe so we don't have to wait for him.

Ace, I'm pretty sure this entire thread is pure sarcasm.

It is believed in some circles (and I'm one of them) that back in the day BS got a silent verbal from Thompson but didn't want to publicize it because, presumably, it could scare off some other juco bigs we were recruiting at the time.

I'm all for the Loe hype and believe he will be a great addition, but people are getting ahead of themselves based primarily on media folk repeating the same news we've heard for a few days now. Until something more formal is announced from a Nate or P-Diddy, nothing is done.

Also, people shouldn't forget what day it is today...

I dont even know what the heck that means and I laughed my ass off......

whenever you want/have to tell someone (typically your main *****) in public that you "love them" but you don't want to be all gay about it, you can just mouth the words "olive juice" and get away with it. however, some sociologists maintain that it's "way gayer" to say "olive juice" than just plain old "i love you." so pick your poison. loe might turn RM into a big gay guy after all...

It is believed in some circles (and I'm one of them) that back in the day BS got a silent verbal from Thompson but didn't want to publicize it because, presumably, it could scare off some other juco bigs we were recruiting at the time.

I'm all for the Loe hype and believe he will be a great addition, but people are getting ahead of themselves based primarily on media folk repeating the same news we've heard for a few days now. Until something more formal is announced from a Nate or P-Diddy, nothing is done.

hahah, i forgot today was "One-Cent Day" and the beginning of "Uh-Huh Month".

http://library.thinkquest.org/2886/apr.htm

Thank God "Don't Go to Work Unless It's Fun Day" is only 2 days away...

I had forgotten about that brilliant recruiting strategy.

Agree that its not a deal until the words come straight from the mouth of RM. But I think the fact that BM wrote about it today gives it a lot of credibility. Remember, it seems like Bernie has a very good relationship with RM-probably dined together a few times. If Bernie is dropping hints I think it is pretty much a done deal because I think he has the best media relationship with Rick and going out on a limb like he did with his recruiting "bit" would make both him and Rick look "not so good" if Loe doesn't sign.

As I've said more than once, the addition of RL and/or WC would improve this team greatly. Both appear to be significant upgrades over whoever our 12th and/or 13th man would be next year. One or both of them in addition to MM & DE would provide us unbelievable depth for the next two years.

When a chick asks me the status of our dating relationship (The DTR- Define the relationship)...I always give her the "silent verbal" commitment.