Willie Reed NBA

maybe its things like these that make willie get a little cocky in practice. ALOT of this analysis is based on how much he has improved + his potential to improve. Also note the year this mock draft takes place. Guess we need to start considering the possibility of early exit as well. I didnt really want to post this but im sure willie or someone on the team has has seen this and showed it to him. I would be taking accounts of my draft status all the time if i was a college player.

http://www.nbadraft.net/2011mock_draft

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/willie-reed

Interesting. I think it's premature, but he does have promise.

Coach Majerus said on the show last night that he doesn't think there are any pro-caliber players on his squad and he doubts the people making projections, because, for the most part, they've never played in the NBA or coached anyone who ever played in the NBA.

Lastly, I would not rate Willie's readiness for the NBA as 7 out of 10. It would be more like 5.

maybe its things like these that make willie get a little cocky in practice. ALOT of this analysis is based on how much he has improved + his potential to improve. Also note the year this mock draft takes place. Guess we need to start considering the possibility of early exit as well. I didnt really want to post this but im sure willie or someone on the team has has seen this and showed it to him. I would be taking accounts of my draft status all the time if i was a college player.

Enormous grain of salt meet 2011 mock draft on nbadraft.net.

I'm impressed that someone has such a high view of Willie, but their analysis and prediction is laughable at this point to me. Where is this 7 rated jumpshot? 7 in strength? I'd probably knock all of those ratings down 1 or 2 spots except potential.

Willie has potential to make it to the NBA, but he would have to gain tremendous strength and improve every aspect of his game a great deal between this year and next to leave early.

Wow - #19. That is impressive.

I went to the ND/SLU game with a bunch of people who knew nothing about SLU, nothing about SLU basketball, and they all came to the conclusion that Willie was the best player on the court. Ahead of Hargodony (or however you spell it) and all the other ND stars. He's got huge potential.

However, wasn't this the same website that had Ian Voyokus (yea, spelled it wrong too but its not worth looking up) being drafted? Yea, how'd that work out

Something that was brought up by a poster the other day was that Willie never dunks with 1 hand. I jogged my memory real fast and can't remember him doing it. I saw him play pickup games before practice started and there too he never dunked with one hand. That is odd.

If Willie is rated as #19 on the 11 draft board, that is a really weak draft.

Willie has great potential but his athleticism while something we haven't seen is lackluster in the league.

Willie has to greatly improve his physique, post defense (weakside shot blocking won't cut it in the league everyone can do that), all types of shooting, develop at least 3 solid post moves, and drastically improve his ballhandling and rebounding.

They compare him to Hakim Warrick. Sorry Willie you aren't as good as Warrick was his sophomore year, at least not yet. Stay in school.

I went to the ND/SLU game with a bunch of people who knew nothing about SLU, nothing about SLU basketball, and they all came to the conclusion that Willie was the best player on the court.

I was there as well, and he was the best player on the court that game. We were saying the exact same thing on our way home. However, Big Willie Style hasn't even been the best player on SLU in a game for a while. He's had a handful of excellent and exciting performances this year, but if he is really going to be an NBA player he has a LOT of work to do.

Interesting but this much on the come so to speak. It is based on Willie making his progress at the current rate. Actually, I think his play has leveled off some recently. For those who heard RM on his show Monday - was there any mention of the mysterious meeting or the charter flight question?

Interesting but this much on the come so to speak. It is based on Willie making his progress at the current rate. Actually, I think his play has leveled off some recently. For those who heard RM on his show Monday - was there any mention of the mysterious meeting or the charter flight question?

While it's great to see a SLU player mentioned so high, one would think he'd be a pretty dominant player right now. Can anyone, including WR, honestly say he's a dominant player ala John Wall for example? No. WR please don't let this stuff go to your head... it's too early. Stay in school at least another year and see how you develop. Hell, you could become a lottery pick if what they are saying is correct.

while i agree that willie reed is not ready to talk about leaving college for the pros yet, to compare him to john wall is a crazy comparison. wall is the best player in the country and really cant be compared to anyone.

now to narrow the reed gap, think about the power forward from iowa state, craig brackins, who numerous nba scouts have said is a borderline lottery pick and likely first round draft pick.

while willie matched his stats that evening, anyone that has seen brackins will tell you that brackins is a better player at this point in time due to a better body and a better overall game. still the point is that willie isnt that far away with the right frame of mind, a hard summer of hard work and a big season next year, willie could put himself on a level like brackins imo.

Interesting. I think it's premature, but he does have promise.

Coach Majerus said on the show last night that he doesn't think there are any pro-caliber players on his squad and he doubts the people making projections, because, for the most part, they've never played in the NBA or coached anyone who ever played in the NBA.

Lastly, I would not rate Willie's readiness for the NBA as 7 out of 10. It would be more like 5.

I wouldn't even put it that high. The kid has tons of potential, but he isn't close yet.

Guest BillikenReport

SLU recruiting the No. 4 player on that list, as well, but he wanted to play in the Big 12 -- and Missouri missed on him.

Reed has a chance to play in the NBA, but he has a lot of work to do.

If he stays four years at SLU and does everything asked of him by Majerus and Jensen and the strength and conditioning coach, he'll have a chance to turn that into a nice professional career.

He made a big jump from his freshman to sophomore season. If he can make similar jumps in his development over the next two years, the sky is the limit for him.

While I agree with everyone, The NBA is the league that drafts on potential more than any other league..

Just look at recent draft busts.

Wizards: Kwame Brown, 1st, 2001

Frederic Weis, 15th, 1999

Nets: Eddie Griffin, 7th, 2001

Pistons: Darko Milicic, 2nd, 2003

Nuggets: Nikoloz Tskitishvili, 5th, 2002

26. Magic: Steven Hunter, 15th, 2001

Mouhamed Saer Sene 10th, Supersonics

I mean the league is just ridiculously bad at drafting players.

Btw the 2011 draft is really, really weak.

Wow - #19. That is impressive.

I went to the ND/SLU game with a bunch of people who knew nothing about SLU, nothing about SLU basketball, and they all came to the conclusion that Willie was the best player on the court. Ahead of Hargodony (or however you spell it) and all the other ND stars. He's got huge potential.

However, wasn't this the same website that had Ian Voyokus (yea, spelled it wrong too but its not worth looking up) being drafted? Yea, how'd that work out

Easy what you say on Voyoukas. That's sensitive material for some people on here.

Im surprised Willie would be rated this high. At 6'9" he would need to bulk up quite a bit for the NBA. He's got the potential to get there after a full 4 yrs in college but #19 in 2011??? He had better start doing 2 a day workouts with Backhand to reach that.