Possibly 11-3 to start the season?

stmdragons

The remaining games all look winnable, with a toss up game against MO State. Thoughts?

I think we will be the favorite in every game we play till conference, but you never know if well have an off night. Ellis would help.

The remaining games all look winnable, with a toss up game against MO State. Thoughts?

Counting our chickens before they hatch ey? I know, the thread says possible, but I never like to look more than one game ahead as far as the record goes. Can't talk about 7-3 until we're 6-3. Let alone 11-3.

Counting our chickens before they hatch ey? I know, the thread says possible, but I never like to look more than one game ahead as far as the record goes. Can't talk about 7-3 until we're 6-3. Let alone 11-3.

Good point. If there is one thing I've learned from watching this team it is to never get to far ahead of myself, because you never know when they can have a clunker. Like the St. Bonaventure game last year for example.

Don't underestimate Missouri State. They are playing well. We need to play well to beat them even at home.

Missouri State owns the Billikens. (The Bills won the last meeting at Scottrade only because the officials allowed about 0.3 more seconds beyond the buzzer.) Additionally, the Bowling Green game is on the road, and SLU still plays all underclassmen. I would be content with 9-5. A 10-4 record would be great, and 11-3 would make me pinch myself to make sure I weren't dreaming.

Not to mention that, although it's still early season and the rankings are probably not statistically significant yet, KenPom has Belmont at #90 and us at #123. Belmont beat Kennesaw by 5 on the road; we beat them by 10 at home. That game ain't gonna be no cakewalk.

On the other hand, the closer and closer we get to playing as a team for a full 40 minutes, the more likely we can realize that record. Every game in that segment is winnable.

Missouri State owns the Billikens. (The Bills won the last meeting at Scottrade only because the officials allowed about 0.3 more seconds beyond the buzzer.) Additionally, the Bowling Green game is on the road, and SLU still plays all underclassmen. I would be content with 9-5. A 10-4 record would be great, and 11-3 would make me pinch myself to make sure I weren't dreaming.

The Ken Pomeroy site predicts us going 12-17 for the year at this point. Losses upcoming against Belmont and MoState, and Bowling Green. They were giving us a 'good win' against Nebraska, but the Husker's recent play has made that go away, and they give us bad losses vs Iowa State and Ga.

Don't shoot the messenger please, just passing on some objective, statistic driven data. His data is based on RPI.

mhg

No way should this team be content with 2 more losses before conference. I don't give a damn what the computers say, we oughta win every game at home and I don't think BG is good. Georgia sucks too but we need to get a win on the road at some point.

9-5 is disapointing

10-4 is OK

No way should this team be content with 2 more losses before conference. I don't give a damn what the computers say, we oughta win every game at home and I don't think BG is good. Georgia sucks too but we need to get a win on the road at some point.

9-5 is disapointing

10-4 is OK

I said that *I* would be content with 9-5. I didn't say anything about the team. They should be trying to win every game, though the way Coach Majerus talks about his team in the lead-up to some of the games makes me wonder if improvement is the primary goal and winning is just an added bonus.

I said that *I* would be content with 9-5. I didn't say anything about the team. They should be trying to win every game, though the way Coach Majerus talks about his team in the lead-up to some of the games makes me wonder if improvement is the primary goal and winning is just an added bonus.

I guess I don't see how any knowledgable fan of this team could be content with 2 more losses in non-conference. We would all be horribly disapointed if they lost to Rockhurst, Eastern Illinois or UMKC, right?

So that leaves Belmont, Mizzou State and BG. Content losing 2 of those 3? Wow! Come on Thicks. Lets have some expectations for this team.

I guess I don't see how any knowledgable fan of this team could be content with 2 more losses in non-conference. We would all be horribly disapointed if they lost to Rockhurst, Eastern Illinois or UMKC, right?

So that leaves Belmont, Mizzou State and BG. Content losing 2 of those 3? Wow! Come on Thicks. Lets have some expectations for this team.

I completely agree. I think we have a good shot at winning all of these games. We will win all of our home games. I will be content with 10-4 but I wouldn't be surprised if we were 11-3. I said it before and I'll say it again...no one wants to play at the 'Fetz.

Section 108 Row J will pick up the slack for the lack of students. We'll be sitting in the student section ripping MO St. to shreds. I'm already doing my homework and background checks.

Davola

I completely agree. I think we have a good shot at winning all of these games. We will win all of our home games. I will be content with 10-4 but I wouldn't be surprised if we were 11-3. I said it before and I'll say it again...no one wants to play at the 'Fetz.

Section 108 Row J will pick up the slack for the lack of students. We'll be sitting in the student section ripping MO St. to shreds. I'm already doing my homework and background checks.

Davola

I really wish whoever schedules the dates for this series would grow up and have it not during a break.

-for what is worth, if anything, i noticed smsu, woops, mosu, is getting votes in the polls

Yeah this is the second week of them getting votes in the AP. Last week 7, this week 14. I'm sure their fans are all thrilled to death about that. My friend (who goes there) actually isn't too happy about it because they haven't played anyone of note yet. He thinks if they win at SLU and Arkansas, it will be be deserved.

I think they will roll in here next week undefeated (they really haven't played anyone, or will by next week). I told my buddy that we will be the best defense they will have played to date and it will be interesting to see how they play it.