Chaifetz - New Seats

Even if all 300 people had 2 hangers on, it would only be 600 seats. As I'm sure we all know all 300 don't have hangers on. I contend that many of the top 300 aren't neccessarily big money boosters, but long time boosters. The increase in cost has probably made many of these folks that sit in "blue comparable seats" at Savvis now move down to less expensive seats. Which is why some of the cheaper seats have been taken. We may also find newer season ticket holders that may have wanted to get center court seats at Savvis but couldn't as they were taken, but will now increase their giving and get better seats. Plus the economy sucks.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahh, I love the off-season, when we can have civilized, rational discussions. ;)

Two

If the 5,500 number is accurate, I also would have liked to have seen the U. block out certain sections so that various other sections were forced full. It sure would be nice to force visiting blocks to sit in, for example, 219-221 -- and for it to be impossible for visiting fans to find any 100-level seating.

-i believe there is a conf rule (amybe ncaa) that says the visiting team gets so many tickets behind their bench, controlled by the coach or ad

-is there a requirement that the visiting school gets some tickets?

-i remember when we played at mizzou that slu got so many tickets (and remember, bclub points determined ability to get them!!!!)

-does unc get a block of seats when they go to duke?

-i believe there is a conf rule (amybe ncaa) that says the visiting team gets so many tickets behind their bench, controlled by the coach or ad

-is there a requirement that the visiting school gets some tickets?

-i remember when we played at mizzou that slu got so many tickets (and remember, bclub points determined ability to get them!!!!)

-does unc get a block of seats when they go to duke?

The issue is that there are always going to be 3,500 single seats (well, maybe closer to 3,000, if you count in the mandatory opposing-team seats and the home team family and recruits seats) for any given game. At Kieltrade, the flaw in not clumping season ticketholders was grossly exaggerated by the sheer size of the place. It would only take a marginal amount of sculpting to ensure that the lower bowl was almost exclusively populated by homers.

Allowing season ticket holders to purchase more than their current allocation is deplorable. Under the dynamic current circumstance and excitment of upgrading to a new facitlity with a new big-time coach, this pushes many away from and / or further back than, their current spot for the wrong reasons.

For once, Roy is right.

Even if all 300 people had 2 hangers on, it would only be 600 seats. As I'm sure we all know all 300 don't have hangers on. I contend that many of the top 300 aren't neccessarily big money boosters, but long time boosters. The increase in cost has probably made many of these folks that sit in "blue comparable seats" at Savvis now move down to less expensive seats. Which is why some of the cheaper seats have been taken. We may also find newer season ticket holders that may have wanted to get center court seats at Savvis but couldn't as they were taken, but will now increase their giving and get better seats. Plus the economy sucks.

My "cartel" dropped from 9 to 5, so I wouldn't assume growth across the board. Also, I was able to get 2 awfully good green seats for the cost of replacing my former "gold seat." I'll continue my norma BC giving, but I'm happy with my new seats.

So many of these arguments are just silly because they are based upon misinformation or flawed assumptions. I heard from a reliable source tonight that, thus far, the selection process has worked as it was intended--i.e., most of the gold and blue seats were picked by the top 300, and most of the good red and green seats are available for those who pick next week. I did not hear this from anyone on this board, but this is consistent with comments from a few posters who picked late last week and indicated that there were still very good seats available in both green and red. I have long since learned that a very vocal minority will ***** and moan at any change no matter how fair, reasonable, or productive it is. I think that is the case on this little online microcosm.

As a season ticket holder, I received a very nice brochure last year that outlined the procedure and it stated through out that the Billekin Club Points would have a priority picking seats and that the seats would only be guarantied for three years. Now I am not a SLU allum or even a college grad. But I can read and comprahend, which I feel most of those complaining about the process did not take the time to read the material. even though I did attend a few Billiken Club meetings the majority of the information I received came from reading the material provided by SLU.

Get over it and pick your seats.

Have a nice day.

PS I can't spell very well either in case you didn't notice.

What time does the selection process begin today?

i pick at 1:15 and there are 30+ picking before me.

i pick at 1:15 and there are 30+ picking before me.

Roy is choosing his seats right now!!! I can't wait to hear his take on the process! Good luck Roy!

I pick at 6:30 tonight. Hoping for 4 Gold Seats in 116, 113 or 105. Interested to see what is left

Please let us know what your choices are Blue, Gold, and Red. We would like your opinion how the public is making these selections. When I chose you could still get Gold 4 or 5 rows behind Blue and not worth my extra money for the the difference in view. I had better seats in Scottrade Savvis but we could not go to games on Saturday nights most of the season.

i thought the system was extremely efficient for what was taking place. got there about 40 minutes early, margo as usual was wonderful. mark wright spent a lot more time with me than he had to, conversing. kevin lisch took my seat order (kevin is doing his marketing internship with our athletic dept this summer so he has to work the arena gig), everything worked like clockwork from the moment i arrived until we left the arena.

a LOT of very good seats gone. gold is really picked over. from my view, the gold is obviously the seat of choice. red is slim pickings as well in the corners. the seat of choice that is left are the high roller blues and quite a bit of the behind the basket seats are still there as of about 2 pm.

that said, my fears for red worked out pretty well for us. the exact seats i wanted were picked, but i have seats just a few seats into the same aisle. so i am still neighbors to the band and the blue crew and still peering into the opposing team bench.

popcorn and pretzel bits with free soda's.

all in all, imo the athletic dept should be commended for how well things are running from what i saw.

i did watch one guy that i knew, that was there early found the seats he wanted and like 5 minutes before it was his turn, pretty sure someone took them. that had to be hard. almost would have been better off not showing early.

shimmy is running her camp right now. when we first got there all the little girls were outside having lunch. of course shimmy was right in the middle hanging with the kids and having a ball. that woman is the definition of energy and excitement.

saw teresa and she said she leaves aug 8 for europe (she is touring with athletes in action).

i thought the system was extremely efficient for what was taking place. got there about 40 minutes early, margo as usual was wonderful. mark wright spent a lot more time with me than he had to, conversing. kevin lisch took my seat order (kevin is doing his marketing internship with our athletic dept this summer so he has to work the arena gig), everything worked like clockwork from the moment i arrived until we left the arena.

a LOT of very good seats gone. gold is really picked over. from my view, the gold is obviously the seat of choice. red is slim pickings as well in the corners. the seat of choice that is left are the high roller blues and quite a bit of the behind the basket seats are still there as of about 2 pm.

that said, my fears for red worked out pretty well for us. the exact seats i wanted were picked, but i have seats just a few seats into the same aisle. so i am still neighbors to the band and the blue crew and still peering into the opposing team bench.

popcorn and pretzel bits with free soda's.

all in all, imo the athletic dept should be commended for how well things are running from what i saw.

i did watch one guy that i knew, that was there early found the seats he wanted and like 5 minutes before it was his turn, pretty sure someone took them. that had to be hard. almost would have been better off not showing early.

shimmy is running her camp right now. when we first got there all the little girls were outside having lunch. of course shimmy was right in the middle hanging with the kids and having a ball. that woman is the definition of energy and excitement.

saw teresa and she said she leaves aug 8 for europe (she is touring with athletes in action).

I picked at 2:04 and my friend picked at 1:46 so we were able to get seats next to each other. The gold are for the most part gone - a few rows at the top on the bench side were still there but really, why pay $400 when you can sit about 8 rows back for $150. I went prepared to buy gold and settle for red if necessary but as I looked over the seats with my friend - we got there about 45 min. early - we came to the conclusion that there were excellent green seats open. We picked our 5 seats in the green section Section 107. I can reach out and touch the guys in the red seats. My seats afford a complete view of the entire court, I can view the Billiken bench easily and the basket only obstructs a very small part of the court in front of the Bills bench - so small that you would be able to see virtually every thing and every shot. As it turns out my seats are very good for the money. The process was well run. I got to talk for a long time with Chris May -seems very nice- his family just moved to StL and they are unpacking boxes still. He told us that there will still be Billiken Club membership levels so if you bought a not seat fee tix you will still need to join the Club. If the team does very well be prepared for picking again in 3 years - in other words still join the Club and continue donating.

He told us that there will still be Billiken Club membership levels so if you bought a not seat fee tix you will still need to join the Club. If the team does very well be prepared for picking again in 3 years - in other words still join the Club and continue donating.

i was pretty much told the same thing. be prepared for regular reshuffling. and if the billikens are winning that will mean competition for upgrades.

So, pay an extra 150.00 for a red seat of pick a green and save 25.00 because you have to maintain your Billiken Club membership. Right?

Of course you save a lot more if you are buying more than one ticket.

So, pay an extra 150.00 for a red seat of pick a green and save 25.00 because you have to maintain your Billiken Club membership. Right?

Of course you save a lot more if you are buying more than one ticket.

well dr k, actually you could maintain your billiken club membership for $125 period. but if you buy more than one seat it will cost you $150 x number of seats bought.

that said, all of us that are paying for at least a billiken club fee per seat more than one seat will be gaining points on those that sit in the green seats and only pay the minimum billiken club payment.

Since I am a single seat person, It only cost 25.00 more to have a red seat versus a green one. I will look for the best one I can get in both areas. Thanks.

Since I am a single seat person, It only cost 25.00 more to have a red seat versus a green one. I will look for the best one I can get in both areas. Thanks.

I don't think so. You have to pay $150 and your Billiken Club membership for the red seat.

In any event, I'll be looking for the lone guy on Wednesday. I pick about ten minutes before you do.

well dr k, actually you could maintain your billiken club membership for $125 period. but if you buy more than one seat it will cost you $150 x number of seats bought.

that said, all of us that are paying for at least a billiken club fee per seat more than one seat will be gaining points on those that sit in the green seats and only pay the minimum billiken club payment.

Roy, you are correct but you are assuming that if some one picked the green section that they would only be a minimum Club member - I went prepared to pony up for gold but the quality of seats were not there - I actually have better seats then some of the reds behind the gold and no difference for the reds in the first tier - of course that is only my opinion. Therefore, I plan to continue to donate at the level that I have always so if you have 4 red seats your seat fee will actually be the same as mind so no gain. The point is, your Billiken Club membership is not dependent on your seat - you can make it that but it does not have to be and you should pick the seat that gives you the best view.

I don't think so. You have to pay $150 and your Billiken Club membership for the red seat.

In any event, I'll be looking for the lone guy on Wednesday. I pick about ten minutes before you do.

Bonwich, I don't think that is right. Any forced payments for red or gold seats are applied to your Billiken Club membership dues.

Bonwich, I don't think that is right. Any forced payments for red or gold seats are applied to your Billiken Club membership dues.

You may be right, but here's the exact quote from the brochure:

"Any required gift per seat will be credited toward your Billiken Club giving for the fiscal year beginning July 2008."

If I'm right, they made it purposely ambiguous and you need to maintain your annual club membership and then the additional donation goes on top of that and builds your points.

If you're right, Dr. Kelsey gets to exploit a loophole that lets single-seat holders pay only $25 more for a red seat. Of course, most of us have 2 or 4 or six seats, so we'll all have to pay $125 per for the additional red seats.

And of course, you and I know that green endzone seats are where the coolest people sit, so the point may be moot.