Ticket Renewal and Chaifetz Transition Package

Received my ticket renewal and announcement of the minimum required gifts for certain seats upon moving to Chaifetz. Required gifts are $3,500 per seat, per year, $2,500, $400,and $150. This leaves general reserved seats, which are basically the ends, for which no annual donation is required. Season ticket for 2008 will be $450 per seat. $50 deposit, per seat for 2008 required with this year's ticket renewals. 2007 ticket prices went to $391 per seat for my seats which are in section 104. More than likely I will sit in the end after this year.

say how many tickets will be available in each price category? For instance I was told the $3,500 and $2,500 levels would be very small.

Box, I wouldn't assume that the price of your tickets are the same as the ones Bill_Ken R's are. He has very nice seats.

From the info included in the packet I am making two assumptions: 1. the seat price - not ticket price - is your Billiken Membership 2. The nonrefundable $50 deposit will be applied to when you buy your tickets in 2008-09. If I read it correctly - all the seats cost $450 and the seat fee/membership is what varies.

Looks like they've broken the seating down as follows:

Note: No # of seats per section were given.

The Band and the student seating will be at the west end of the floor (visitor bench on the south side of the west end).

Loyal Blue Table - 2 seats minimum - $450/seat plus $3,500 arena fee per seat. Total $7,900 per year. Seating on the north side of the floor - opposite team benches.

Loyal Blue CLub - 2 seats minimum - $450/seat, plus $2,500 arena fee per seat. Total $5,000 per year. Seating on both sides of the court for a few rows (10 rows?) from free throw line to free throw line.

Billiken Gold Seating - 2 seats minimum - $450/seat, plus $400 arena fee per seat. Total $1,700 per year. Seating on both sides of the court behind Loyal Blue Club seating section going about 1/2 to 3/4 of the way up to the suites. Also rows (10row?) from the free throw line to the base lines on both sides of the court.

Billiken Red Seating - No seat minimum - $450/seat, plus $150 arena fee per seat. Total $1,200 per year. Seating looks to be directly behind the Billiken Gold seating area up to the suite level. And 1 section on each side of the Billiken Gold Seating areas on both sides of the floor.

General Reserved (Tier A) - No seat minimum - $450/seat, no arena fee per seat. Bulk of the seating is at the East end of the arena, about half way up (followed by Tier :). Plus seating in the corners next to the Billken Red seats. No Tier A seats available at the west end behind the student/band sections.

General Reserved (Tier B) - No seat minimum - $450/seat, no arena fee per seat. Behind the student/band section on the west end and behind Tier A seats on the east end.

As said earlier, a $50 deposit per seat is required when paying this years season tickets. The deposit will be applied to the cost of your seats for the 2008-09 season. This years payment is due by July 27, 2007.

All seats in the new arena will be selected by donors/season ticket holders in the summer of 2008 according to their individual ranking in the Billiken Club Priority Points system as of April 4, 2008.

Their are a couple of other restrictions placed on the maximum amount of tickets a individual can purchase and for group seating.

As I read thru the information, the arena fee will be credited as an add-on to what you give to the Billiken club. In other words, you still have to make your annual contribution to the BC, plus pay the arena fee.

Also, Please Note - NO SINGLE TICKETS WILL BE SOLD IN THE LOYAL BLUE TABLE, LOYAL BLUE CLUB OR THE BILLIKEN GOLD SEATING AREAS. EFFORTS WILL BE MADE TO ACCOMODATE ALL OTHER ODD-NUMBERED TICKET REQUESTS THROUGHOUT THE ARENA.

Hope this helps.

"As I read thru the information, the arena fee will be credited as an add-on to what you give to the Billiken club. In other words, you still have to make your annual contribution to the BC, plus pay the arena fee."

I did not read it that way but perhaps it is wishful thinking.

"Any required annual giving (per seat) for the seats that you select for Chaifetz Arena will be credited to your giving to the Billiken Club for that fiscal year. (effective 2008-2009)"

This statement clouds the picture somewhat. I would like it defined.

As a member of the Board of the Billiken Club, we were told in March that the annual giving for the seats will be considered as a donation to the Billiken Club. Part of the money is being taken for debt repayment and part is being credited to the Club for their commitment to the Athletic Department.

I have not received my package yet, but based on what's reported, the dollar amounts at each level have been raised since the hiring of RM. I guess part of the money is going to be used to offset the additional costs incurred by his hiring. The season ticket price has not changed from what was previously shown to the Board.

I wonder how many of the top two level seats they plan on having. They may not sell those out. I've been going to all the games since 1978 and a season ticket holder since 84 and I'm not paying for those. If they wanted a one shot psl I'd consider it, but no way on an annual basis. Anyone on this board going to buck up an extra $3500 per year per seat or $2500?

It would be darkly amusing if SLU finally went big time and at the same time priced me out of attending the games.

$450*4(including the newest billiken fan)=$1800 If $1800 translates into high in a corner, it may be time to reconsider my commitment to attend the games.

I've yet to receive my season ticket package so let me just ask. Does it appear that there will be any center court seats up to the rafters with no additional seat fee bs?

Frankly I've been worried ever since the upper deck got cut out......

what i forsee happening is a rush for the red level seats. high roller johnny come lately's will easily be able to leap over us small timer long time billiken club members for all the levels above that.

while i understand the system presented i would be lying if i said i wasnt disappointed by the number of seats being set aside for the higher levels above red.

oh well i guess i sit in the corner again. my donations of the last 15 years have pretty much been for nothing.

Ok now I understand that you will still have to belong to the Billike Club and pay a membership fee separately - be curious what the levels of membership are for this now. Here is a question I have now - if I sign up for the Gold section and when I go to actually select my seats next summer and discover that I will only be a few feet in front of the Red section, can I now say I want to buy Red not Gold and will by $50 deposit be transferable to the Red?

Roy, your donations have not gone for naught - it put you in a position to at least have access to the better seats even if you choose for whatever reason not to buy them.

looking forward to seeing the package; with Debbie Yow I was

one of the unfortunate who had worked their way to a few rows behind the Billiken bench only to miss seat selection day-because many of us just were not informed they wanted our

seats for celebrities, etc.

However, I have been getting 12 tickets a year for a long time-if there is no group plan my family and friends will be fending for themselves.

We could be talking about dropping out of the MAC and dropping

our Rams tickets or selling them to the next generation in the family.

And we still could be short of keeping our row E seats; we used to be 5 rows from the floor and the Blue seats have expanded from one line to two or three-that was okay-the times keep a changing and I feel like me annual contribution to the Billiken Club may have just put me in line for something expensive-may

be too expensive

Given what some high profile schools charge our plan is really rather modest. I understand that for some this might be a cost they can not bear easily but as they say if you want to run with the big dogs then get out from under the porch. I will simply alter my giving to the SLU some and other marginal charities of interest to make up for my new charitable contribution to SLU's bb program.

"what i forsee happening is a rush for the red level seats"

"my donations of the last 15 years have pretty much been for nothing"

Roy, isn't it the case that your donations for the last 15 years have pretty much put you in the front of the line for the seats people are rushing to if indeed you choose to go after the red seats and your theory that those are the hi-demand seats turns out to be true?

First off, good seats are relative and where you are used to sitting. Secondly, most seats will be upgrade on the Scottrade Center. If I look at the map and seating of the new arena it's a complete ##### shoot to me. Unless you have major seniority in regards to points, it would scare me to death to pay for red and be sitting at the highest level even though it is center court. You could pay for Gold and if you are in the last few rows in the center you could be a row or two in front of the best red seats and you paid $500 more for 2 seats. I even see some good general reserve seats - the green seats that I would take if I could pick my spot. Will we be able to walk to our seat and pick it? If that was the case and they did that on the point system, I would be comfortable. The good news for the people with the money is that I would imagine if you are willing to fork out for Loyal Blue, you'll get them because I don't think there will be that many people willing to buck up, but who knows.

D1 hoops - the greatest show on earth.

It's actually a long way from that time, but I'm anxious for it to arrive. Looking at the inside picture on Nark's link page reassures me that there won't be many, if any, bad seats. It won't be the cavern that Savvis is. No poles. Long time Billiken Club members will be so far ahead of the newbies that they will still get good seats, maybe a little higher up, though.

>Will we be able to walk to our seat and pick it? If

>that was the case and they did that on the point system, I

>would be comfortable.

That is my understanding of how it will work. I have heard that they plan a series of "tag days" to be scheduled based point system priority. Keep in mind that they will have the luxury of having almost 9 months between the completion of the arena and the first men's basketball game.

you and cheeseman are correct. at least i will be closer to the front of the red section line.

what disappoints me though is the sheer number of gold seats. i wonder what happens if the demand for gold and blue seats arent enough to fill those sections. will they then move the red section lower or will those gold seats now be open for single ticket sales?

I don't think there is much chance that they won't fill up the Blue seats. There aren't that many and to any person that is already donating an amount in that ballpark its a no-brainer to take the best seats.

The gold seats could be another story but I feel confident that the school has researched the potential demand and won't have over-stretched too much on that section...but we'll see.

according to the information we rec'd yesterday, those 12 seats will cost the following for each section:

loyal blue table would require a billiken club gift of $42,000. Add the season tix cost of $5,400 the total bill would be $47,400 per year.

loyal blue club would require a billiken club gift of $30,000. Add the season tix cost of $5,400 the total bill would be $35,400 per year.

gold level would require a billiken club gift of $4,800. Add the season tix cost of $5,400 the total bill would be $10,200 per year.

red level would require a billiken club gift of $1,800. Add the season tix cost of $5,400 the total bill would be $7,200 per year.

general reserved would only cost the same season tix cost of $5,400.

wow!

what i bet they dont forsee is that the people that have been buying bunches for other folks wont want to pony up for the billiken club cost to sit in the gold seats for all their tix. so instead of say buying 12 tickets, they might only want to buy 4 for just themselves.