Recruiting - 2017

RUBillsFan

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Recruiting is starting to come in now, SLU is actively recruiting me now. Which I like because I wouldn’t mind being a Billiken. The coaching staff is really nice and I’ve created friendships with some of them"

https://stlpreps.wordpress.com/2015/06/12/mckissic-aims-to-prove-sluh-jr-bills-want-more-next-season/

"Recruiting is starting to come in now, SLU is actively recruiting me now. Which I like because I wouldn’t mind being a Billiken. The coaching staff is really nice and I’ve created friendships with some of them"

https://stlpreps.wordpress.com/2015/06/12/mckissic-aims-to-prove-sluh-jr-bills-want-more-next-season/

Very good to read. Any scouting report from anybody who has seen McKissic play?

Tweets deleted to remain in compliance with NCAA rules regarding tagging recruits in tweets

It's a NCAA violation to tag a recruit in a tweet? Quick somebody make a DukesBlog account and tag Jayson Tatum and report them.

On a serious note, did you tweet that SLU had interest in McKissic or was there more information? I thought you mentioned him in a tweet but obviously that is deleted now.

Very good to read. Any scouting report from anybody who has seen McKissic play?

He's a 6'1, 170 lb combo guard with a muscular build. Has blow by speed and loves to finish at the rim. Solid mid-range game. Developing three point shot. Hasn't shown the court vision of a point guard thus far. Vocal, encouraging player on the court. Is SLUH's go to player when they need a bucket.

He's a 6'1, 170 lb combo guard with a muscular build. Has blow by speed and loves to finish at the rim. Solid mid-range game. Developing three point shot. Hasn't shown the court vision of a point guard thus far. Vocal, encouraging player on the court. Is SLUH's go to player when they need a bucket.

Agree with this, but would add that he seems to show a willingness and has the physical traits to potentially be a lock down defender. Good kid and hopefully his high school coach can push him in the right direction.

Agree with this, but would add that he seems to show a willingness and has the physical traits to potentially be a lock down defender. Good kid and hopefully his high school coach can push him in the right direction.

You and three star stole the words out of my mouth. He is solid.

During camp, Tilmon told Scout that Indiana, Kansas, Kansas State, Purdue, Illinois and St. Louis are the schools that have offered him.

http://www.scout.com/college/basketball/recruiting/story/1555293-nike-elite-100-post-prospects

Do we have a shot?

As long as tillmon stays at east St louis I am with 3 star. Academic concerns loom. Few east St louis athletes qualify

ESL is certainly a concern but Terry Beckner just qualified for Mizzou football so I'm not sure its as dire as people typically believe. I'm sure if Tillmon works hard he can qualify.

And if he qualifies per the NCAA, he'd qualify for SLU. Our biggest concern is keeping kids eligible beyond year 1. If he's as good as advertised that likely wouldn't be an issue because he'd declare for the pros.

ESL is certainly a concern but Terry Beckner just qualified for Mizzou football so I'm not sure its as dire as people typically believe. I'm sure if Tillmon works hard he can qualify.

And if he qualifies per the NCAA, he'd qualify for SLU. Our biggest concern is keeping kids eligible beyond year 1. If he's as good as advertised that likely wouldn't be an issue because he'd declare for the pros.

Having back to back "One and Done" players is really going to boost our national recognition among the nation's elite. Stoked.

Today is the first day colleges can reach out directly to 2017 prospects. Prior to today the kid had to call the school directly or we had to work through intermediaries.

It makes complete sense that you would see a lot of "heard from" reports on a day like today. Today is all about calling/texting as many kids as possible and talking to them for a few minutes to get on their preliminary lists.

If you assume we want to wait to extend an offer in in person, it would not make sense for us to offer Goodwin today unless he happened to be on campus.