Goodwin Info

Ibruce

Just now, majerus mojo said:

Jordan Goodwin.. Jordair Jett 2.0?

That is the comparison I like to go with. Goodwin has more forward type skills (fierce rebounder) while Jett was more of a true guard, but that sort of toughness and ability to attack off of the bounce is similar between the two.

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

34 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

Answer to what? changing his favorite?

Yeah. More or less. It sounds like Goodwin made some comments (while Illinois was his clear leader) about what he was looking for in a school. Those comments generally suggested that Illinois had much more of what he wanted than SLU. So I guess Schmidt's wondering what changed.

The unfortunate thing is that aside of his occasional toolish behavior on Twitter, I have generally found Roy Schmidt, along with his brother Harv, to be a good source of info on Chicago area players for the past 15 years. They also do some good work with trying to get recruiting exposure for lower level recruits at the D-2 and other levels.

4 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

I hate that I'm posting this but is he retweeting all these UI nerds making fun of them or agreeing 

It looks like he's retweeting anything tweeted at him without comment.  However, I love his tweet (or, apparently, retweet of his own tweet) quoting 1 Cor. 1:27:  " But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to put to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to put to shame the things which are mighty."  That may be close to "making fun of them."

6 minutes ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

Yeah. More or less. It sounds like Goodwin made some comments (while Illinois was his clear leader) about what he was looking for in a school. Those comments generally suggested that Illinois had much more of what he wanted than SLU. So I guess Schmidt's wondering what changed.

The unfortunate thing is that aside of his occasional toolish behavior on Twitter, I have generally found Roy Schmidt, along with his brother Harv, to be a good source of info on Chicago area players for the past 15 years. They also do some good work with trying to get recruiting exposure for lower level recruits at the D-2 and other levels.

SLU did happen to change head coaches, changing the entire landscape.

1 minute ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

It looks like he's retweeting anything tweeted at him without comment.  However, I love his tweet (or, apparently, retweet of his own tweet) quoting 1 Cor. 1:27:  " But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to put to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to put to shame the things which are mighty."  That may be close to "making fun of them."

Well, we've definitely been foolish and weak the past couple years, but I'm not sure UI has been wise and strong enough to deserve much shame.

23 minutes ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

But who the F.,k  does this guy think he is that Goodwin or any recruit owes him or anyone else an answer to why he changed his mind. He hadn't even made a verbal commitment, and even if he had, he doesn't owe anyone an answer to why.