Loyola Marymount

WVBilliken

Looks like they are young and about the same size as SLU. No seniors and only 2 juniors in the top 8 players by minutes played.

Beat an over-rated UCLA team. Played games against some pretty low ranked teams. Lost to good Harvard and Middle Tennessee teams.

Second true road game for the Billikens.

This is a game SLU should win but it is the fourth game in six days. Need a fast start to take Loyola Marymount out of the game early.

Boys, keep focused and take it one game at a time.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Am praying they are just focused on this game and not all the buzz about them. Reading their comments they sound like it, but sometimes the subconscious ego can do funny things, ie we're gonna kill these guys. Take no game for granted I'm sure is what RM is preaching. I like Conk's comment on KFNS, I don't need to see the beach, just the court. By the way what time is the game, 7:00 pst?

Am praying they are just focused on this game and not all the buzz about them. Reading their comments they sound like it, but sometimes the subconscious ego can do funny things, ie we're gonna kill these guys. Take no game for granted I'm sure is what RM is preaching. I like Conk's comment on KFNS, I don't need to see the beach, just the court. By the way what time is the game, 7:00 pst?

Im more worried about fatigue then anything 4 games in 6 days isnt easy to do even when you have depth. I think SLU takes this one by 6, making free - throws at the end to ice it.

Im more worried about fatigue then anything 4 games in 6 days isnt easy to do even when you have depth. I think SLU takes this one by 6, making free - throws at the end to ice it.

Other than Conk, Cassity, and Mitchell most everyone else played around 20mpg. Plus they got Monday to rest and am sure RM will keep the practices fairly light. I'm reminded of what Tom Kite said about Tiger back in '97. Woods said the reason he was missing an event was that he was tired, Kite: "When I was 20 I can't remember being tired from anything." And they didn't look tired after the OK game.

Looks like LMU has a link for streaming but im not sure if you have to pay or not

Thanks. I'll try to get it on my phone. I'll be at The Royale drinking beer tonight. Gamecast might have to suffice.

Does insideSTL.com ring a bell ? Might be streamed there. They mentioned that quickly this morning on 590.

No, it doesn't. Just went to it, though, and it looks like it was assembled by a high school boy with some money and total creative control. "Bill Murray's Movie Guide to the Rams"? What does that even mean?

I am making the trip down to SoCal for this one and am looking forward to seeing the Billikens in person.

LMU is playing this one up on its website, facing a ranked opponent. But one of LMU's top players is apparently out due to injury.

Let's hope SLU brings the A-Game.

Gersten Pavilion, a de facto large high school gym (4,000 and change capacity) with walls at both ends, can be a tough place to play. This is the house that Hank Gathers and Bo Kimball put on the map.

I am expecting a tough road game, and am hoping, of course, for a SLU win.

Looks like they are young and about the same size as SLU. No seniors and only 2 juniors in the top 8 players by minutes played.

Beat an over-rated UCLA team. Played games against some pretty low ranked teams. Lost to good Harvard and Middle Tennessee teams.

Second true road game for the Billikens.

This is a game SLU should win but it is the fourth game in six days. Need a fast start to take Loyola Marymount out of the game early.

Boys, keep focused and take it one game at a time.

several of the game we did not get out to a fast start but as we learned and attacked the opponent defensively we took control. That seems to be our real MO. Search and Destroy. We do not have to get out quick.

One of the best parts about being ranked...when going to espn.com, and clicking on college basketball scores, we show up right away at the top. No more 3 clicks to find the Billikens score. Love the fact that millions of people now see our team, and our scores every game day. Billiken Basketball - just one click away!

No dice on the iPhone- it's a Flash player video.

several of the game we did not get out to a fast start but as we learned and attacked the opponent defensively we took control. That seems to be our real MO. Search and Destroy. We do not have to get out quick.

then it won't work on any Macs, Ipad, or Iphone because none of them do flash. Is there a good bar in Midtown or downtown streaming this?