Predictions

slufanskip

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Non Conference (including Quincy) 11-2 Losses to TX A&M and N.C.

Conference 15-2 Losses at Saint Joseph's and at Xavier

Conference Tournament 3-0 Regular Season & Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament 2-1 To the Sweet Sixteen!

Now that would be a fun season!

9-5 non con (an upset over AM, UNC, or SIU is one of the wins),

11-5 in conference, but we're beating St.Joes there.

2-1 A-10 tourney

1-1 NCAA/NIT

if we don't upset one of the ranked teams, we're going NIT. See what happened to Missouri State last year. We need to show the committee we can do that. UNC would be sweet.

One caveat to above. One of the big 3 gets hurt and is out for a few games or more, all bets are off.

Where are all the doomsday boys in this thread? Come on guys-go out on the limb. The records predicted so far from the STC club need the proverbial slap in the face from the "Brad must go" group. As I stated long ago, if any posters think SLU will let BS go, if he wins 20 games, then you somehow got onto a message board for the wrong school.

Let's hope we turn out as good as we think.

I think even those who have issues with Brad and the staff still see this Billiken team as being capable of having a very good season.

Most of the issues people have seem to be with the poor recruiting class last year and the lack of committments to this point and the fact that we still do not have a quality power forward and that is something that has been an issue since day 1.

As I see it we can break down the games into three categories:

Probable wins / Probable losses / Toss ups

Quincy / North Carolina / @Loyola, Ill

La Tech--neutral ct / Texas A and M / @SIUC

Houston / @xavier / @Pacific

Western Ill. / @Fordham

Tenn. Martin / @St Joes

Mo. State / @Houston

@St. B. / Xavier

Duquesne / @UMass

Rhode Island / @Dayton

@Temple / Mississippi

Charotte / Game 2/3 of A10

GWU / Game 1 of NCAA/NIT

@Rhode Island / Game 2 of NCAA/NIT

LaSalle /

Dayton /

Richmond

Lamar--neutral court

Game 1 of A 10

If we win all of the probables but slip once that is 17 wins plus if we win 50% of the toss ups that gives us 5 more games for 22 wins. If we win one more in each of the A 10 tournament and a post season tournament and lose one in each--that gives us 24 wins and 8 losses.

If we play well and avoid the injury bug to our big 3 then I think that a 24-8 final prediction is doable.

Let me see if I have this right:

You like the team we have now.

You don't like our freshmen recruits--particularly our two young 4 men --even though they have never played a game and seem to have real promise.

You are mad because we do not have "verbals".

That is an amazing way to look at the beginning of a very nice season and still be rididulously negative!

"even though they have never played a game and seem to have real promise."

How can you say they have "real promise" since they've never played a game? Because they have performed well in practice against eachother?

Anybody that is happy with last years recruiting class and the way this class is shaping up is "rididulously positive."

I am not sure how you took so much negativity away from my post. I was just giving you the common fans, sitting on neither extreme, opinion of the program at this point. I think everyone agrees that we have a nice team this year, but there are still a lot of deficincies that can be seen without looking too hard. Signing guys in the spring this past year and potentially going down that same route again this year is not the way to be successful. I am extremely excited about the prospects of this season, but I feel like I can still be critical and should not be called angry because of it. Also, going into year 5 once again without a legitmate 4 is something that has to be seen as a negative. Pointing these things out does not make me ridiculously negative, its the situation at hand.

I am having trouble following your format (maybe its just how it shows up on the screen) but it seems that you said of our 30 regular season games you expect.

Win 17 of 18 "should wins"

Win 5 of 10 "toss-ups"

Win 0 of 2 "should lose"

Do I have that correct?

I don't believe I'm being ridiculously negative here when I say we have quite a few more than 2 "should lose" games on the schedule:

@ Texas A&M

vs. UNC

@ SIUC

@ Xavier

@ St. joes

@ U Mass

I'll be generous and say games like

@ Pacific

@ Temple

@ Dayton

vs. Mizzou St.

fall in the toss up column even though I think an argument could be made that at the beginning of the season we'd be underdogs in all of them (I can't wait for people to tell me we won't be an underdog to SMS at home but I'll bet when Pomeroy's rankings and predictions come out we will be dogs.)

billikan said,

"Let me see if I have this right:

You like the team we have now.

You don't like our freshmen recruits--particularly our two young 4 men --even though they have never played a game and seem to have real promise.

You are mad because we do not have "verbals"."

and to add to billikan's thinking, most of the hate bradders seriously want to fire him for that.

as bauman stated above, any 20+ win season is going to get brad even more breathing room. and frankly i believe he has all the breathing room in the world now.

why are siu, st joes, xu, and umass should lose games? i can see them as toss ups, but no way i go into those games thinking we are going to lose.

temple as a toss up?

kshoe, i am wondering if willie even let's you eat at the dinner table anymore. what happened to you? ;-)