Not getting Shaw could be a blessing

ACE

I'm not torn up about this. Shaw sounds like a solid player and would've been a good addition, but to me, getting Liddell was the most important thing. This program needs more athletic and dynamic scorers, and it sounds like that's what Liddell gives us. Getting solid hard-working role players shouldn't be that difficult. This program has always been able to find guys like that.

Waiting until the spring could be a blessing in disguise. A good juco, foreigner, late bloomer or even Kalen Grimes after Mizzou gets hit with probation could be available to us. We very well could get a player with more upside than Shaw.

Boy, if Mizzery got slapped and the NCAA gave the players the same ruling as Baylor....hmmm....makes one wonder what we would look like if McKinney and Grimes showed up at West Pine. Just a thought. In any event, UB is sure to have a back up plan in Shaw's case. Nice to hear Shaw say he didn't want to say to no to UB. I'd wait until the spring unless we got a real steal immediately.

other people are bound to take note and use it for their purposes. Now generally I could giving a flying Muck about what the people at tigerboard have to say but this post just makes us look stupid.

http://www.tigerboard.com/boards/missouri-...message=1016156

People that don't bother to come over to our board and read this post will assume that all we do is talk about Mizzou. Other then a snide comment here or there I'd say 95%+ of the material on this board for the past two months has been Mizzou less.

So my whole point is, just know there are plenty of haters out there that will use anything you say to their advantage.

What kills me is that a Tigers fan reads this board and then claims SLU fans are obsessed with Missouri.

Let posters post however they want. If I mention Missouri or claim that I wish one of the Tigers players had chosen SLU, then that's my feeling (I haven't said that -- this is a hypothetical). Why should I care what a Missouri fan says about it? If they want to rip SLU fans for posts on a SLU forum, then they have to be accountable for having read it. In other words, Mizzou fans' poop don't smell no better than SLU fans' poop just because of some message board posts saying, "Look what so-and-so said over there."

It would be different if it were a fan of both schools (like me) or someone who posts on both forums (like aj_arete); then it would look like there were a traitor in the midst. Instead, there's a spy (named Lerxst). Apparently, he's also a coward, because he can't register on this board an respond here; he'd prefer to run back to where he has the safety of numbers and the "mob."

I've just posted a query to him about that. I'm interested in how he'll respond. There's no doubt that SLU fans here would hate him more than Triangle & Too and aj_arete combined times 10, but he would have just as much right to post here as the fan of any enemy program and I believe he would be respected more for it than for running back to Tigerboard like a snitch without posting here (since he reads the stuff here).

thicks said, "There's no doubt that SLU fans here would hate him more than Triangle & Too and aj_arete combined times 10"

wow! i guess i shouldnt put him on my party list.

Let's recap. I simply offered a few scenarios where some players with more upside than Shaw could be available to us.

I find it hilarious that this Lerxst loser claims we're "obsessed." I've never been on the Tiger board, yet he cowardly trolls our board and reports back to his lackeys. Who has the obsession? He obviously cares much more about us than I care about them.

Grimes happens to be a local player, who has signed on with a program which may get slapped with a serious penalty. That's no secret. He could be freed up. Look at what happened at Baylor. Brad recruited Grimes pretty hard. His former coach Pilz said on KFNS that he was very impressed with Soderberg during his visits. It may not happen, but stranger things have happened, like say Julian Winfield or Randy Pulley winding up at Mizzou. If Grimes had committed to Illinois and they were on the verge of getting hit by the NCAA, I would've said the same thing.

Also, Grimes was one of several options I mentioned. You don't hear fans of jucos or fans of foreign players claiming I have an obsession with them. Look in the mirror Lerxst, you coward. If you have a problem with what I said, bring it on. I suspect you won't come around here because you feel more comfortable playing grab a$$ with your Boone County pals.

on this board. Yeah, we don't want to obsess about them, but we can't totally ignore the fact that we'd like SLU to be the dominant D1 program in the state. It's like the Red Sox president said about the Yankees, Mizzery is the Evil Empire to SLU. Are you going to knock a Red Sox fan because he wears a "Yankees Suck" t-shirt or vice a versa? Rivalries are supposed to be fun, entertaining. So speculating on what would happen if they do get hit with sanctions is fair. Can you imagine how long the threads on this board would be if the NCAA slapped them with a Baylor like sentence? If Mizzery fans think worse of us for relishing in their plight, I say who really cares what those goobers think. If it's proven they cheated they deserve the abuse and criticism. And as Billiken fans, we deserve the right to speculate on where their players might go if given the opportunity.

Their pain is our gain. I want to see Quin ridden out on a rail minus a long slab of skin off his back from all the whipping!

The funny thing???? You want to know the funny thing??? I was actually starting to respect Q a bit when he first got here. I was taken in by Quin's charm and worried that, without Classless Norm, I'd have no reason to hate the Tigers other than their idiotic fans. Thanks to Quinnyboy though, I can hate the entire program and the world is again spinning in greased grooves.

(Go Marlins and Yanks. A Cubs/Red Sox Series is the seventh seal)

Not only are Tiger fans obsessed with SLU, SMS fans are too.

BTW Tiger fans (I know you are reading this) congrats on your win today over Nebraska. At least you will have this great game to look back on in March while your bball tigers are on probation.

I will second Torch's congrat's to Mizzou nation for the big win over Nebraska last night. In all the years that I did have season tickets for Mizzou football, I never saw a Faurot Field win and heck come to find out the last home win was '73 with the last win over the Huskers in '78. Just goes to show that Mizzou in that time has become a basketball school.

You are so right SMS is much superior to SLU. You play in a much tougher conference, are on TV more often, and compete for highly rated recruits. With all your success how did you do against that other Missouri Team, SEMO? Oh, they spanked you 70-53? No way. Maybe the state rankings are SPUMAC, SEMO, SMS, SLU, UMKC. By the way what was your rpi/strength of schedule? Now why don't you go talk trash on the U. Evansville board or hang out at Bass Pro Shop or something your bothering me.

could sms have beaten slu at the end of the season? could have sms beaten louiville, memphis, depaul, uncc, dayton last year? sms' best win last year? slu. you hate slu but you are hanging your hat on that one win.....

how about that nit you guys got past over for last year? looking forward to my trip to springfield on the 20th.

I'm not an SMS fan so I'm not hanging my hat on anything. I'm just trying to state that maybe SLU isn't as great as some of you guys think, and I'm using facts to support it, such as the records. And sorry if you feel that I'm talking trash, I'm simply stating facts. Get over it.