Liddell and Arena

cheeseman

On BM's scoop of the day today, Strickland said that we should not be surprised to have announcement about the arena by the end of the month. Some of his guest did not believe it but Strickland was very strong about and BM and said that a school employee had text messaged earlier this week that this was true. BM said that maybe it will happen.

Also on the scoop of the day, Tuna said that a close relative to TL said that they are looking at other schools for TL to possibly transfer to next year. Tuna said that Brad is not letting the race horse run.

>Also on the scoop of the day, Tuna said that a close

>relative to TL said that they are looking at other schools

>for TL to possibly transfer to next year. Tuna said that

>Brad is not letting the race horse run.

Great, now we have to listen to this crap again?? What, is UNLV interested again?? Is it so improbable that SLU recruited a local and VERY talented kid? Lotsa folks seem to have a problem with this.

ricky fraizer left slu after having a similar break in as a slu freshman. the fact liddell has done as well might be all the more reason to leave. it is like he just auditioned for the world.

that said, i have more trust in those close to tommie to let it happen. it is sad that a clown like tuna has a stage. the one biggest thing that i dont figure with bernie is his continued association with that criminal and idiot. why would he give tuna even an ounce of credibility. yet apparently people believe him or else we wouldnt be having this discussion.

i had been listening to bernie in the mornings the last month or so (jC has just become too democrat. i sadly have turned him off unless i hear he has toned down his political rants), but on the days that tuna appears, as soon as i hear tuna's voice i turn the channel.

I've got to think TL has dreams of playing in the NBA. I wouldn't think he would want to postpone that for a year by sitting out as a transfer. I would also think the fact he is getting significant minutes as a PG and playing 35 to 37 minutes a game are a huge plus. Those two factors are huge in helping him develop his game for the next level.

I posted this about TL only to see if anyone had any first hand knowledge of the situation. I am not sure what would be gained from leaving - loose a year of eligibility and have to sit a year out. If TL does well next year, he could simply jump to the NBA but to transfer would be a bad move. Maybe Brad will do some talking and be able to shed light on it during his next show on Monday.

Fraser left because he flunked out but hand no trouble getting in to Mizzo - funny how Quinn gets beat up about Clemmons but Norm is given a pass on the Fraser issue. The other reason Fraser may have left was that the team was not going anywhere - this team is.

hardcore sports fans know this, but there are enough casual sports fans that dont follow stuff all that close and hear him on bernie's show, which btw is very good show overall, and they believe it.

also, bernie has posted the arena story on his pressbox message board as well claiming it will be public knowledge very soon.

But do you/we really care what is said on local sports radio in STL?

So Joe average guy or gal gets in their car, flips on radio, hears Tuna's comment and thinks Liddell is set to transfer. Let's say this premise is true. This isn't someone eho is going to attend a SLU game anyway....and if they do it would be vey infrequently. If somebody had interest in going to a SLU basketabll game, or being even a casual SLU fan, I would have to think they are going to go a little deeper than hearing one person on a radio.

While I agree that STL radio and tv media MUST be held to a higher standard and more accountable...shame on those people for believing everything they hear.

People in STL ....even casual sports fans, know who has an inkling of sports knowledge or fact and who doesn't.

BM has been wrong plenty of times, Cusumano has been wrong plenty of times...etc...but at least those two have some levels of credibility for example. I think people, even the stupid will consider the source on average.

Courtside - I really think the issue is that Brad has to douse this rumor quickly so it does not get legs of its own and end up hurting recruiting. The truth is players come to play with other players and if somebody thinks somebody is possibly leaving then that can impact their decision. Even Love said he came to play with Hughes and was disappointed when he found out Larry was leaving.

"Courtside - I really think the issue is that Brad has to douse this rumor quickly so it does not get legs of its own and end up hurting recruiting."

Kevin Slaten has called called Brad a liar multiple times on the air but yet we continue to sign quality recruits. If you get all hot and bothered every time a third-rate shock jock runs his mouth, you're going to have a lot of sick days.

This happens in EVERY city. Trust me, there are print, radio, and tv people like this in every town...always one or two that do this stuff.

If I had a nickel every time Mark Few, Tom Crean etc...were mentioned for another job every year.....or rumors of recruits leaving....btw those two schools are doing just fine.

People, stop the paranoia. People can say and will say whatever they want to get edge in recruiting, or to try to spread ill will for their own vindictive reasons in the media.

If the kid actually left, then you examine the kid and the coach and decide is there a problem with one or the other.

I am quite certain Tommie Liddell knew SLU would be a .500 type of team this year, an NIT team....and that they wouldn't have the level of players to consistently score in the 70's his first year. He knew it was a turn around job.

Let's stop underestimating the kids. These aren't babies.

Most kids who do transfer,...yes it happens all the time, and always will...are kids who are not good enough to play, kids who don't improve, or kids who think they are better than they are.

I think all of us, since the UNLV debacle, have worried about TL's tenure at SLU. Now his comments after the Duquense game don't make him sound like a kid that is unhappy.....Also, would TL be the show at a big time program that he is here at SLU. He's already a year behind due to prep, I can't see him sitting out a year, where he knows he'd be the team's highlight film next year. Jale Jar put this to rest please.

i will agree with courtside on the typical transfer. typically it isnt the kid that is being touted as the program messiah (liddell). it is the kid that thinks he is getting screwed on playing time or is butting heads with the coach on his role.

coach soderberg benched polk and gave tommie the keys to the car. tommie averages the most time on the floor for the entire team, and there has been no evidence of the two butting heads. even after the game that tommie got yanked because of the technical, tommie said after the game that it was the right thing to take him out of that game.

Courtside and 3 Star - my comment about dousing the rumor is not because I am parinoid but I think it is important to put this nonsense in its place so people will think twice about passing crap on. It is interesting that BM did not post anything about it but did put the arena comment out on his board. That at least makes it sound less true. As far as rumors hurting recruiting - it does and always will. All I am saying it is best for Brad to kill this rumor ASAP.