WNIT Pregame Party

Join us before the Billikens take on Minnesota in the Women's National Invitation Tournament Championship Game at a party exclusive for Billikens fans. Join us at Peel Wood Fired Pizza from noon to 1:30 p.m to enjoy food and giveaways while supplies last. Tip off is at 2 p.m.

The event is complimentary, but registration is required, and space is limited. Peel Wood Fired Pizza is approximately a 6-minute drive to the First Community Arena at Southern Illinois University Edwardsville, where the championship game will be played.

Please note that parking is available, but it is limited. Space for the pregame party is limited.

Register with the link below

https://alumni.slu.edu/s/1264/17/interior.aspx?sid=1264&gid=1&pgid=8449&cid=13491&ecid=13491&authkey=HaFh3OwZzWPHb4cLxWlceSxRwkl8c4JsuWIyemgfp6cQmRGOtMdcXw%3d%3d

Peel has some different pizza toppings.   I will say their crust is probably the best tasting pizza crust I've ever had.   We go fairly often to the peel in O'Fallon Illinois.   

If nothing else go for dessert some night and get a s'mores pizza.   Awesome.   

Their self brewed beers are good.   Nothing special though imo.  

You guys better bring us a victory. Wins and trophies are nice but what really matters are the t-shirts and I want a “2024 WNIT Champs” shirt!!

3 minutes ago, billikenbill said:

You guys better bring us a victory. Wins and trophies are nice but what really matters are the t-shirts and I want a “2024 WNIT Champs” shirt!!

I definitely need another t-shirt to add to last year's A10 Champs shirt ^^

billikenbill likes this

I think the most amazing thing in general about the team is that this will be their 40th game of the season.  FORTY!

Adman likes this

10 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

I think the most amazing thing in general about the team is that this will be their 40th game of the season.  FORTY!

Yeah, I asked in the women's thread whether either the men's or the women's team had ever played 40 games before. I didn't get an answer but I'm inclined to doubt it.

44 minutes ago, BrettJollyComedyHour said:

I definitely need another t-shirt to add to last year's A10 Champs shirt ^^

I will be wearing my 2023 March Madness shirt today that I acquired after driving 8 hours to Knoxville on a Saturday morning last year to see our first NCAA Tournament game. 

billikenbill likes this

8 minutes ago, Lord Elrond said:

FYI, the Chain of Rocks Bridge is down to one lane today due to construction, if you’re coming from St Louis County along I270, be aware of it

Chain of Rocks bridge is bike and pedestrian only. 

What a great day to be at the WNIT game and pre-party: great achievement by the women’s team, and the officially announced Josh Schertz hire. Things are looking up Billiken fans.

3 hours ago, White Pelican said:

Yeah, I asked in the women's thread whether either the men's or the women's team had ever played 40 games before. I didn't get an answer but I'm inclined to doubt it.

Most I see for the men is 37 in the 88-89 season. If NC State was to beat Purdue, they would hold the all-time record for games played in a season at 42.

4 hours ago, White Pelican said:

Based on info at Sports Reference and my doing some math:

Most games in a season for the women's team prior to this one was last season (2022-23) when they played 35 games and went 17-18.  They also played 34 games in both 2015-16 (26-8 overall) and 2016-17 (25-9 overall).  https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/schools/saint-louis/women/

Most games in a season for the men's team is 37 in 1988-89 when Grawer led them to the NIT finals and a 27-10 overall record.  They played 36 in both 2009-10 (Majerus CBI finals year 23-13 overall) and 2018-19 (Ford's A10 tourney championship 23-13 overall).  https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/schools/saint-louis/men/

Without looking it up I would've guess CBI finals year as the most, but I forgot they lost their 1st game of the A10 tournament that year.

12 minutes ago, White Pelican said:

The other cool thing about the winning streak in the tourney, they converted a losing season into a 22-18 winning season.

Just for the aesthetics that made last season kind of a bummer.  They rallied from being 6-16 to even it up at 17-17, but dropping the NCAA game made it 17-18 overall.

I think a similar stat was shared previous & I'm admittedly cherry picking dates here.

From February 22 - end of season during Tillett's 2 years at SLU the team is 16-2 with the only losses being to Tennessee in the NCAAs last year and Rhode Island in the A10 tournament this year.