2024 SLU Men's Basketball Head Coaching Search

17 hours ago, SLUMS81 said:

TF generated legitimate buzz when he was announced.  He brought big time coaching experience, media skills, etc.   In other words, a similar package to several nominees on the growing list of coaching possibilities posted so far.

Ford also had 1 tournament win in how many years.

Mack and Weber are... a little better. Noone else on that retread list interests me.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Soderball said:

If a coach "bolts" that means he was successful -- what is this attitude? VCU has had "bolt"ing coaches forever and they are way more successful than us.

You don't think Ford would leap and sprint at the opportunity for a P5+1 job? Lol. Ford is here because NOONE WANTS HIM.

See Utah State this year for more evidence that success can be sustained even if coaches leave.  Especially in the portal/NIL environment 

Just now, laker119 said:

See Utah State this year for more evidence that success can be sustained even if coaches leave.  Especially in the portal/NIL environment 

I'd argue it's actually an avenue for increased success -- since coaches come WITH PLAYERS now.

I think it's GOOD to rotate coaches every few years. 8 years is a lifetime in college basketball and Ford is just spinning the wheels, cashing our checks, and making excuses.

You get the idea that Ford fans/defenders are the kind of people that call in to televangelists and infomercials.

35 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

After trying a few things I think I found it on the county website. Jeez I'm a creep. Assume it's him (middle initial is the same, wife's name, and the mailing address is a house in Naples worth over $4M). Purchased in the fall of 2020. So random, why would he own property in Webster Groves?!

naples house kinda ugly

2 hours ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

After trying a few things I think I found it on the county website. Jeez I'm a creep. Assume it's him (middle initial is the same, wife's name, and the mailing address is a house in Naples worth over $4M). Purchased in the fall of 2020. So random, why would he own property in Webster Groves?!

Interesting, I tried similar, must not have the same luck/skill as you!   Wonder if his wife is from here or if kids/grandkids live here.

2 hours ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Double post- sorry

Edited by TheBand
Double post-

58 minutes ago, TheBand said:

Interesting, I tried similar, must not have the same luck/skill as you!   Wonder if his wife is from here or if kids/grandkids live here.

He has had a condo off Lockwood for several years now.  Bought it while he was still at KSU.  His daughter and her family family live in Kirkwood.  I think his wife is from the Milwaukee area just like Bruce.

TheChosenOne likes this

57 minutes ago, TheBand said:

He mentioned on Frank's show last year daughter and grandkids live in Webster Groves. 

TheBand likes this

8 minutes ago, brianstl said:

He has had a condo off Lockwood for several years now.  Bought it while he was still at KSU.  His daughter and her family family live in Kirkwood.  I think his wife is from the Milwaukee area just like Bruce.

Thank you. I read he had three daughters and assumed one of them lived in STL.  It was the only thing that made sense. That or he is just a massive fan of Straub's chicken salad.

TheChosenOne likes this

47 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Thank you. I read he had three daughters and assumed one of them lived in STL.  It was the only thing that made sense. That or he is just a massive fan of Straub's chicken salad.

I walk to straubs to get a drink a few times a week.  Never knew I needed to keep my eyes peeled for Bruce.  Perhaps if he strikes up a convo with the checkout people that will be enough to notice, that voice doesn't hide. 

4 hours ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Maybe he wanted to have Westland as a neighbor?

1 hour ago, wgstl said:

I walk to straubs to get a drink a few times a week.  Never knew I needed to keep my eyes peeled for Bruce.  Perhaps if he strikes up a convo with the checkout people that will be enough to notice, that voice doesn't hide. 

That's funny we have likely crossed paths several times. Straubs is my most expensive bad habit and will likely lead to us not being able to afford sending our kids to college.  Impossible to leave without spending at least $75, even during times I walk up just to get a pack of flour tortillas (which are $50). So much good stuff, I want to consume it all. Haven't seen Bruce though....

4 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

That's funny we have likely crossed paths several times. Straubs is my most expensive bad habit and will likely lead to us not being able to afford sending our kids to college.  Impossible to leave without spending at least $75, even during times I walk up just to get a pack of flour tortillas (which are $50). So much good stuff, I want to consume it all. Haven't seen Bruce though....

Look for the real Bruce then, he stands over 7 feet tall!

Bucky McMillan has Samford just outside the top 25. Won the conference regular season and tournament last season. 40 yo dude. I'm just a kid looking at the JC Penny Christmas catalog at this point hoping Santa comes through.

1 hour ago, TheA_Bomb said:

Bucky McMillan has Samford just outside the top 25. Won the conference regular season and tournament last season. 40 yo dude. I'm just a kid looking at the JC Penny Christmas catalog at this point hoping Santa comes through.

You may have to explain the JC Penny Christmas catalog reference for younger MBM’s…

BLIKNS likes this

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, brianstl said:

A name that hasn't been brought up, but will probably be a serious candidate for the job barring a PAC 12 conference tournament championship is Andy Enfield.  

Put me in the camp that the next hire can't be someone who's been fired before