Official Jim Crews Apology Thread

slufan13

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

43 minutes ago, willie said:

Ended up marrying her. Bunch of kids. Still married last I heard. 

Correct.   I know her brother very well.   Ekker apparently has been a fantastic husband 

That said ekker and crews are the two worst.   Look at the entire body of work.  Not just this shaping up to be a horrible season.

21 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

Correct.   I know her brother very well.   Ekker apparently has been a fantastic husband 

That said ekker and crews are the two worst.   Look at the entire body of work.  Not just this shaping up to be a horrible season.

The heart wants what the heart wants

26 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

She was in our SLU class, Roy. Do you remember her?

4 hours ago, AGB91 said:

Do you remember the two Rons, Coleman and Ekker?

They were far worse.

Ron may have been prematurely fired.  He pissed off the Billiken Club and some big donors.  Otherwise he would have stayed.  The program was in shambles.  He needed more time to bring in his guys.  

Ekker was terrible but again he started with nothing.  His off the court nonsense doesn't help his cause, neither does the dumping of the mascot for Billy Lou and the Strutters.  Crews was gifted a top 10 squad.  He was known as a good coach who never got the right opportunity.  It was his for the taking.  He could have kept the momentum going and went out a huge winner.  Instead, he wasted it all, brought in some of the worst recruits in decades and was removed in disgrace.  He's the worst.  Even Ford is better, for the time being.

1 hour ago, willie said:

Ended up marrying her. Bunch of kids. Still married last I heard. 

Be that as it may still totally inappropriate for a coach to be doing. He also lost and had bad teams and nearly dismantled the program. Fire Ron Ekker.

1 hour ago, billiken_roy said:

Ford is bad too, Roy. I'd rate him with Soderberg at this point. Mediocrity piling up and now an atrocious season. Time to move on.

slufan13 likes this

16 minutes ago, Soderball said:

Be that as it may still totally inappropriate for a coach to be doing. He also lost and had bad teams and nearly dismantled the program. Fire Ron Ekker.

I still say there’s a good Hallmarkrom-com movie in there somewhere 

Just now, Lord Elrond said:

Forever, apparently 

No one seems to really know given that SLU is a private university and therefore do not have to release that information.  Apparently his contract was extended but when and for how long is actually unknown or at least not publically disclosed.  Conventional wisdom is 2 after this year but who knows.

42 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

No one seems to really know given that SLU is a private university and therefore do not have to release that information.  Apparently his contract was extended but when and for how long is actually unknown or at least not publically disclosed.  Conventional wisdom is 2 after this year but who knows.

This would also be my GUESS. 

1 hour ago, cheeseman said:

If the evergreen rumor happens to be true, it could be as many as four after this year, but most likely three. 

7 minutes ago, johnbj14 said:

Considering how confidently Chris spoke about him publicly on radio appearances this off-season, I wouldn’t be so sure of that. 

Public statements and private action can be two different things. I’ve heard from a few people that at least a little bit was trying to give some juice to the team. 

johnbj14 and NoCoBillsFan like this

2 hours ago, AnkielBreakers said:

How many years is there left on Ford’s contract. 

Depending on sources 2 or 3.  I can't quite pin down the last time his contract was greenlit.  His contract is "evergreen" meaning after every season he is extended automatically to extend his contract out 4 years.  The AD has to notify him if the contract isn't going to be renewed.  We hope he wasn't renewed 2 years ago, probably he was.  Last year certainly he wasn't. So

2021-22 renewed for a fourth year

2022-23 year 1

2023-24 year 2

2024-25 year 3

2025-26 year 4

So we have at least 2 seasons to buy out.  That is unless his contract called for 5 year out extensions, which I've also heard.  Which would mean 3 years.

IMO after last season, we didn't have enough donor support to buy him out but.....we also had an AD that didn't want to admit that they needed to fire a coach that they just gave an extension to the previous season.

16 minutes ago, thetorch said:

Depending on sources 2 or 3.  I can't quite pin down the last time his contract was greenlit.  His contract is "evergreen" meaning after every season he is extended automatically to extend his contract out 4 years.  The AD has to notify him if the contract isn't going to be renewed.  We hope he wasn't renewed 2 years ago, probably he was.  Last year certainly he wasn't. So

2021-22 renewed for a fourth year

2022-23 year 1

2023-24 year 2

2024-25 year 3

2025-26 year 4

So we have at least 2 seasons to buy out.  That is unless his contract called for 5 year out extensions, which I've also heard.  Which would mean 3 years.

IMO after last season, we didn't have enough donor support to buy him out but.....we also had an AD that didn't want to admit that they needed to fire a coach that they just gave an extension to the previous season.

I appreciate you trying to clarify this but not your fault but it was as clear as mud