GDT: SLU v. Vermont

SluSignGuy

1 minute ago, Billiken Rich said:

I guess it's all about expectations.  With mostly new faces and the players playing hard the whole game, I just can't start screaming hateful stuff into the ether.  

There’s a huge difference between hateful stuff and rightfully calling out that this program has stagnated and it’s time for a change. 

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, willie said:

I am not trying to overly defend Ford but don't say he never changes things. 

I get it. I didn't say that; biggest issue with Ford is just the results. He is trying and I believe he wants to win badly.

He f'ed up big time on roster composition this time and all the ineligible guys and he knows it. Easy to see on the sidelines. Travis is really frustrated.

5 minutes ago, Billiken Rich said:

I guess it's all about expectations.  With mostly new faces and the players playing hard the whole game, I just can't start screaming hateful stuff into the ether.  

So we just chalk this season up to inexperience?  What’s the excuse for next year, same thing?  We lose Hargrove and Jimerson.   

Ford has routinely brought in mediocre transfers that are MAYBE marginally better than the young guys on the bench, and it hampers development.  What benefit do Meadows or Dalger provide to this program in the near term or long term?  

NextYearBill and Soderball like this

3 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

Beautiful offense by Vermont.  When a team has it going like that, we don't have the luxury of missing all those free throws and layups.  Still a chance to escape Myrtle Beach 2-1.  

Meadows is just warming the seat at point guard until Medley is ready.  Medley is making a case that he's ready now.

Meadows is Great Value Austin McBroom. 

Vermont is a good solid team. There is no shame in getting beat by a superior team, coach, and roster. 

There is shame that this is the state of the SLU program compared to a program that’s entire budget is less than Travis Fords salary. 

5 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

Beautiful offense by Vermont.  When a team has it going like that, we don't have the luxury of missing all those free throws and layups.  Still a chance to escape Myrtle Beach 2-1.  

Meadows is just warming the seat at point guard until Medley is ready.  Medley is making a case that he's ready now.

What do you see in Medley? He's way too short.

1 minute ago, 3star_recruit said:

We were 10-22 on layups. :shockedface Rammer said Meadows was in a back brace late second half so hard to tell what he can give Sunday. Medley is making a case and showing he’s a shooting threat but he needs to tighten up his handles. 

Just now, JMM28 said:

Vermont is a good solid team. There is no shame in getting beat by a superior team, coach, and roster. 

There is shame that this is the state of the SLU program compared to a program that’s entire budget is less than Travis Fords salary. 

No one is upset that we occasionally lose games to decent teams. It’s the manner in which we lose those games…. Never close to competitive from the tip. And it’s happened that way repeatedly under Ford.  

JMM28 likes this

Just now, gobillsgo said:

So we just chalk this season up to inexperience?  What’s the excuse for next year, same thing?  We lose Hargrove and Jimerson.   

Ford has routinely brought in mediocre transfers that are MAYBE marginally better than the young guys on the bench, and it hampers development.  What benefit do Meadows or Dalger provide to this program in the near term or long term?  

Look.  I don't necessarily disagree with all the arguments of the fire Forders.  It is well (or at least mbm level) established that we do not have the $$$ to go big in the transfer market or the one and done market.  Building with under-recruited youngsters and foreign players may very well work.  Travis's recruiting has been good if not great and if the BVF can keep them here, great.  Traditionally there have been down years with young teams and yes I'll cut Travis some slack this year.  You can call that making excuses if you want.  At the end of the day, I'm going to be happier and drink less this year than last.  Good Day!

2 minutes ago, JMM28 said:

Solid team is like KP 50-75.  We gifted Vermont a ton of open looks from 3.  Other than the quick just from them, both teams were about even. Vermont is a middle A0 team. so, this should be a gauge on where the season may* be headed. 

5 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

Curcic should be playing at least 20mpg. The kid can play. Instead, ford will give those minutes to Dalger and meadows, and Curcic will transfer. Tale as old as time. 

This is absolute shash.  If Curcic went 1-4 shooting today you'd be calling him a horrible miss and proof Travis can't recruit...........

wgstl and willie like this

2 minutes ago, Billiken Rich said:

Look.  I don't necessarily disagree with all the arguments of the fire Forders.  It is well (or at least mbm level) established that we do not have the $$$ to go big in the transfer market or the one and done market.  Building with under-recruited youngsters and foreign players may very well work.  Travis's recruiting has been good if not great and if the BVF can keep them here, great.  Traditionally there have been down years with young teams and yes I'll cut Travis some slack this year.  You can call that making excuses if you want.  At the end of the day, I'm going to be happier and drink less this year than last.  Good Day!

Fords recruiting was good if not great pre NIL. The last 2-3 classes, and the next class looks, meh. You cant even really count Thames and Hughes. 

1 minute ago, Billiken Rich said:

This is absolute shash.  If Curcic went 1-4 shooting today you'd be calling him a horrible miss and proof Travis can't recruit...........

Huh?  I’ve been advocating for Curcic PT since the second exhibition.  I have few problems with Ford’s recruiting, although there are routinely 2-3 wasted scholarships per roster.  My issue is with his player development.  What players even improved during their time here?  Collins and Goodwin are probably the two you could argue. 

2 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Fords recruiting was good if not great pre NIL. The last 2-3 classes, and the next class looks, meh. You cant even really count Thames and Hughes. 

Then take some of his salary for NIL funding. Either way you slice it, CTF is bad and needs to GO.

1 minute ago, wgstl said:

Not sure why you can't count Thames and Hughes but.....ok.....   If NIL is the problem, and I don't necessarily agree with your "meh" designation, then maybe we should fire the BVF?

2 minutes ago, johnbj14 said:

Curcic might just be the best guard on this roster. Definitely looks like the best shooter. If Meadows can’t go, need to give him extended minutes. 

How about lets see him play a little bit before we pronounce him the next Legend. 

Just now, gobillsgo said:

Huh?  I’ve been advocating for Curcic PT since the second exhibition.  I have few problems with Ford’s recruiting, although there are routinely 2-3 wasted scholarships per roster.  My issue is with his player development.  What players even improved during their time here?  Collins and Goodwin are probably the two you could argue. 

Huh, did not notice your advocacy for Curcic.  Sorry.

9 minutes ago, Billiken Rich said:

Neither does Vermont.