The Bills over LINMO

The Wiz

No spread on this game.  My computer  only does D1 games.

Missing in Action...usually listed as injury report but I have needed to broaden this category...

11/7....Zhang......Ques...Knee strain...he has had this for awhile...it is uncertain if he will see playing time in this game...there have been reports that this may also be an eligibility issue  but the official line is... injury...I go with the injury report as the other players with eligibility issues played in the practice game and Zhang did not.

11/5...Ezewiro and Magassa...out indefinitely...eligibility issues...both awaiting eligibility waivers

Van Bussel...while he is good to go...played 3 min last game...he is probably not yet in game shape...coming off a long injury...hopefully he will get some additional minutes tonight.

Just now, billikenfan05 said:

How many moving screens does he get called for? Homeboy was EXCITED to get in the game Monday.

And a ton of push-offs in his 3 minutes.  My guy needs to calm down a bit. His feet were moving like nothing I've ever seen before. 

12 minutes ago, wgstl said:

And a ton of push-offs in his 3 minutes.  My guy needs to calm down a bit. His feet were moving like nothing I've ever seen before. 

He also got put on an absolute poster by a Southern Indiana guy. But then got the offensive board and got fouled on the other end.  He’s raw for sure, and I’m sure nervous as hell when he gets in there.  Looks like there’s some potential once the game slows down for him. 

2 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

He also got put on an absolute poster by a Southern Indiana guy. But then got the offensive board and got fouled on the other end.  He’s raw for sure, and I’m sure nervous as hell when he gets in there.  Looks like there’s some potential once the game slows down for him. 

Yep, which is exactly why I want him to play every possible minutes he can tonight.  We wont last a whole season with THJ playing the 5 30+ minutes a night.   

5 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

That weren't his fault IMO. Felt bad for him. I'm always looking for an Ingvi moment and hopefully that wasn't one for him. 

24 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

That weren't his fault IMO. Felt bad for him. I'm always looking for an Ingvi moment and hopefully that wasn't one for him. 

Not his fault, but it definitely caught him by surprise. Doubt he frequently saw that level of athleticism playing youth league in Germany haha 

A good show and showing by the Bills....

The good...

4 players in double figures...2 more with 9

10 players scored

SVB led the team in rebs with 9 in 21min

Thames looks like he could be the next up and coming player...4-5 FG + 3 reb in 14 min and looked good doing it.

Jimerson being Jimerson...5-6 from the arc

Flashes of brilliance...Curcic 3-5 and an unbelievable behind the back pinpoint pass from near the top of the key to right under the basket ...unfortunately, the shot rolled off the rim....Also Evans IV had a moment in the sun too...2-3 from the field.

Sincere was top scorer with 20...9-12FG

Meadows joined the fun ...13 pts

Hargrove ...only 19 min but put in 9pts and 2 rebs

Dalger had the most min...27...12pts...6 rebs

Another good night on TOs...Bills  12 vs 20  for Linmo...8 differential is a great number

Last but not least a good slash...62/50/ 64

Concerns......,..

Parker was ejected from the game...Could be disciplinary action as in missing the ISU game...SLU will appeal...reported by Rammer...stupid call by ref ...Parker accidentally bumped the Linmo player and the ref hit him with a tech... when he tried to explain it,  he hit him with another T and an ejection.

Hughes only 7 min  ...no points...left injured ...said he was ok after the game...sat out as a precautionary measure...

Rebounding...this really isn't a concern...more of a freak stat...The Bills were out rebounded 42-39....Bills didn't have much to reb because of outstanding shooting and Linmo had a ton to reb with a triple F slash....32/32/59....btw nice D for the Bills

Bottom line...A good warmup for the season but most important...Free Shake Shake for all attending fans.

3 hours ago, The Wiz said:

Concerns......,..

Parker was ejected from the game...Could be disciplinary action as in missing the ISU game...SLU will appeal...reported by Rammer...stupid call by ref ...Parker accidentally bumped the Linmo player and the ref hit him with a tech... when he tried to explain it,  he hit him with another T and an ejection.

Again, just to prevent misinformation, the first technical was for Sincere clapping at the referee after a call he disagreed with. Somewhat soft, but if you look any referee in the eye and aggressively clap at him after a call you don’t like, you’re getting a T most of the time. 

The second technical was for physical contact (a shoulder bump) between the ref and Sincere, as Sincere was walking by him toward the bench.  This was not apparent on the broadcast, but was very apparent in person.  Some are saying the ref initiated contact. I could not tell, but the fact that none of the SLU coaching staff was up in arms defending Sincere, when the incident occurred right in front of them, seems to be telling.  Either way, staff and teammates should have had him far away from that ref, who was clearly running hot. 

I don’t know what Travis and Rammer said about the incident after the game, but from seeing it pretty clearly live, then rewatching on the broadcast (where again, the physical contact with the ref was not shown) this is the gist of what went down. 

White Pelican likes this

1 hour ago, gobillsgo said:

Again, just to prevent misinformation, the first technical was for Sincere clapping at the referee after a call he disagreed with. Somewhat soft, but if you look any referee in the eye and aggressively clap at him after a call you don’t like, you’re getting a T most of the time. 

The second technical was for physical contact (a shoulder bump) between the ref and Sincere, as Sincere was walking by him toward the bench.  This was not apparent on the broadcast, but was very apparent in person.  Some are saying the ref initiated contact. I could not tell, but the fact that none of the SLU coaching staff was up in arms defending Sincere, when the incident occurred right in front of them, seems to be telling.  Either way, staff and teammates should have had him far away from that ref, who was clearly running hot. 

I don’t know what Travis and Rammer said about the incident after the game, but from seeing it pretty clearly live, then rewatching on the broadcast (where again, the physical contact with the ref was not shown) this is the gist of what went down. 

That was a d2-quality crew last night and Sincere paid for their lack of decorum. Not even Teddy Valentine would have run a kid for that. He ain’t the second coming of Rasheed Wallace, but I appreciate his zeal for chirping a bit. This team needs a spark plug like that. 

billiken_roy likes this

2 hours ago, gobillsgo said:

SLU coaching staff was up in arms defending Sincere

Ford seemed pretty upset when the ref ejected Sincere, but they'd likely not be saying anything for fear of more techs/ejections. At least that was my reading of the situation.

Edited by BrettJollyComedyHour
AGB91 likes this

24 minutes ago, BrettJollyComedyHour said:

Ford seemed pretty upset when the ref ejected Sincere, but they'd likely not be saying anything for fear of more techs/ejections. At least that was my reading of the situation.

Plus they were up like 40 midway through the 2nd half against a D2 team. It was largely deep bench players and walk-ons playing the rest of the way.  Not worth getting worked up at the refs when the game wasn’t in doubt and Sincere wasn’t likely to play much longer anyways.

billiken_roy likes this

7 hours ago, gobillsgo said:

The above is how it all looked to me. As we discussed it in my section, I said I would have given him the first tech myself. An obvious wide-armed clapping while looking directly at the ref. And then he bumped him on his way to the bench. The ref MAY have been just starting to turn after a consultation at the table, but Parker appeared to bump him willfully. I knew then he was gone. A whole stupid sequence on his part.

ETA, it didn't come up on the postgame radio interview with Ford. At least I didn't hear any mention of it.

gobillsgo likes this

6 hours ago, thatskablamo said:

That was a d2-quality crew last night and Sincere paid for their lack of decorum. Not even Teddy Valentine would have run a kid for that. He ain’t the second coming of Rasheed Wallace, but I appreciate his zeal for chirping a bit. This team needs a spark plug like that. 

Not commenting on the quality of the crew, as they certainly were suspect, but 90% of D1 refs T you up for staring them down and sarcastically/aggressively clapping. 

that won’t be sincere’s last technical of the year. He runs too hot, which as you say, can be a spark, or can be a detriment.  It’s fine when you’re up 30, but what about tied or down late in a game?  We will see. 

2 hours ago, White Pelican said:

The above is how it all looked to me. As we discussed it in my section, I said I would have given him the first tech myself. An obvious wide-armed clapping while looking directly at the ref. And then he bumped him on his way to the bench. The ref MAY have been just starting to turn after a consultation at the table, but Parker appeared to bump him willfully. I knew then he was gone. A whole stupid sequence on his part.

ETA, it didn't come up on the postgame radio interview with Ford. At least I didn't hear any mention of it.

The thing I thought was interesting was the Travis didn't go ballistic at Sincere.  He either didn't see it or thought it was bs.  If he thought his player bodied up on a ref, I have to believe he'd have gone monkeysht on Sincere.

25 minutes ago, Billiken Rich said:

The thing I thought was interesting was the Travis didn't go ballistic at Sincere.  He either didn't see it or thought it was bs.  If he thought his player bodied up on a ref, I have to believe he'd have gone monkeysht on Sincere.

Eh, that's what the coach's office is for. We don't know if Travis "severely chatted"* with him after the game.

* A WKRP reference.

4 minutes ago, White Pelican said:

Eh, that's what the coach's office is for. We don't know if Travis "severely chatted"* with him after the game.

* A WKRP reference.

Thought I knew WKRP but that reference went over my head........Usually Travis is more of a heart on his sleeve kind of guy.........he didn't even throw up his hands and do an eye-roll........

10 minutes ago, Billiken Rich said:

Thought I knew WKRP but that reference went over my head........Usually Travis is more of a heart on his sleeve kind of guy.........he didn't even throw up his hands and do an eye-roll........

Ironically, it was (Andy) Travis of WKRP who when asked why he was hanging around late, replied that he was waiting for the News Beacon of the Ohio Valley (Les Nessman) to get off the air so that he could "severely chat with him."

Billiken Rich likes this

25 minutes ago, White Pelican said:

Ironically, it was (Andy) Travis of WKRP who when asked why he was hanging around late, replied that he was waiting for the News Beacon of the Ohio Valley (Les Nessman) to get off the air so that he could "severely chat with him."

Les Nessman was an award winning news broadcaster! He won the coveted Silver Sow Award!