2023-24 stat predictor

Cowboy II

-here is this season's version if you want to consider while watching the exhibition games

1.          last season Yuri  - Who leads the team in assists?   

2.          l/s Jimerson, Perkins, Yuri  - Who are the top 3 point scorers?   

3.          l/s Okoro, Forrester  - Who are the top 2 rebounders?   

4.          Who plays more minutes among Medley, Zhang, van Bussel?  

5.          l/s Yuri  - Who leads the team in free throws attempted?   

6.          l/s 9  -  Number of players to average over 10mpg is…

7.          l/s 19.6 -  Average number of 3pt attempts per game for the team is…  

8.          l/s 75.5 -  Average points scored per game is….

9.          l/s 21-12 - What is the Season record?  

10.     l/s 12-6 - What is the A10 record?   

11.     l/s 4th  - Final conference standing, i.e. conf tourney seed (1st, 2nd, etc) is…

12.     l/s.A10 semifinals  -  End of season is…

1.          last season Yuri  - Who leads the team in assists?   Meadows 

2.          l/s Jimerson, Perkins, Yuri  - Who are the top 3 point scorers?   Parker, Jimerson, Dalger/Hughes tied at 10.2

3.          l/s Okoro, Forrester  - Who are the top 2 rebounders?   Dalger, Hughes (Zhang if he's eligible)

4.          Who plays more minutes among Medley, Zhang, van Bussel?  Medley (Zhang if he's eligible)

5.          l/s Yuri  - Who leads the team in free throws attempted?   Hughes

6.          l/s 9  -  Number of players to average over 10mpg is… 7

7.          l/s 19.6 -  Average number of 3pt attempts per game for the team is…  22

8.          l/s 75.5 -  Average points scored per game is…. 72 (a lot of opponents will have their greatest offensive output against us this year)

9.          l/s 21-12 - What is the Season record?  18-13

10.     l/s 12-6 - What is the A10 record?   10-8

11.     l/s 4th  - Final conference standing, i.e. conf tourney seed (1st, 2nd, etc) is… 6th

12.     l/s.A10 semifinals  -  End of season is… A10 quaterfinals

1.          last season Yuri  - Who leads the team in assists?  Cian

2.          l/s Jimerson, Perkins, Yuri  - Who are the top 3 point scorers?   Parker, Gibby, Dalger

3.          l/s Okoro, Forrester  - Who are the top 2 rebounders?   Brad, Dalger ; Dalger, THJ if brad cant play

4.          Who plays more minutes among Medley, Zhang, van Bussel?  Zhang

5.          l/s Yuri  - Who leads the team in free throws attempted?   Dalger

6.          l/s 9  -  Number of players to average over 10mpg is…8

7.          l/s 19.6 -  Average number of 3pt attempts per game for the team is…  25, and that better happen. 

8.          l/s 75.5 -  Average points scored per game is….77  73 without brad

9.          l/s 21-12 - What is the Season record?  21-13 17-16 without brad

10.     l/s 12-6 - What is the A10 record?   10-8 8-10 without brad

11.     l/s 4th  - Final conference standing, i.e. conf tourney seed (1st, 2nd, etc) is… 6th, but tied for first 

12.     l/s.A10 semifinals  -  End of season is… Semifinals 

1.          last season Yuri  - Who leads the team in assists?   Medley

2.          l/s Jimerson, Perkins, Yuri  - Who are the top 3 point scorers?   Jimerson

3.          l/s Okoro, Forrester  - Who are the top 2 rebounders?   Hargrove & Parker

4.          Who plays more minutes among Medley, Zhang, van Bussel?  Medley

5.          l/s Yuri  - Who leads the team in free throws attempted?   Parker

6.          l/s 9  -  Number of players to average over 10mpg is… 9

7.          l/s 19.6 -  Average number of 3pt attempts per game for the team is…  20

8.          l/s 75.5 -  Average points scored per game is….68

9.          l/s 21-12 - What is the Season record?  14-19

10.     l/s 12-6 - What is the A10 record?   7-11

11.     l/s 4th  - Final conference standing, i.e. conf tourney seed (1st, 2nd, etc) is…10th

12.     l/s.A10 semifinals  -  End of season is…first round

36 minutes ago, thetorch said:

1.          last season Yuri  - Who leads the team in assists?   Medley

2.          l/s Jimerson, Perkins, Yuri  - Who are the top 3 point scorers?   Jimerson

3.          l/s Okoro, Forrester  - Who are the top 2 rebounders?   Hargrove & Parker

4.          Who plays more minutes among Medley, Zhang, van Bussel?  Medley

5.          l/s Yuri  - Who leads the team in free throws attempted?   Parker

6.          l/s 9  -  Number of players to average over 10mpg is… 9

7.          l/s 19.6 -  Average number of 3pt attempts per game for the team is…  20

8.          l/s 75.5 -  Average points scored per game is….68

9.          l/s 21-12 - What is the Season record?  14-19

10.     l/s 12-6 - What is the A10 record?   7-11

11.     l/s 4th  - Final conference standing, i.e. conf tourney seed (1st, 2nd, etc) is…10th

Wow. You certainly don’t think we can score. 

1 hour ago, willie said:

Wow. You certainly don’t think we can score. 

I think we are not good.

68 is not that low, Dayton scored 68 a game last season.  SLU scored 75 a game last season with more proven weapons, a more balanced attack, and some offensive rebounding.

This years team will have to score a lot in transition and/or shoot a ton of 3s to score a lot.  We have one player right now who can go 1 on 1 off the dribble.  No inside offensive presence at all.  We have a lot of shooters, but I expect most teams to take away the 3 from us.  We will settle into the usual Ford half court offense.  We don't have the personnel to do well in that.

I also think our lack of defense will result in more blow out games, which don't help push your scoring average up.

7 minutes ago, thetorch said:

I think we are not good.

68 is not that low, Dayton scored 68 a game last season.  SLU scored 75 a game last season with more proven weapons, a more balanced attack, and some offensive rebounding.

This years team will have to score a lot in transition and/or shoot a ton of 3s to score a lot.  We have one player right now who can go 1 on 1 off the dribble.  No inside offensive presence at all.  We have a lot of shooters, but I expect most teams to take away the 3 from us.  We will settle into the usual Ford half court offense.  We don't have the personnel to do well in that.

I also think our lack of defense will result in more blow out games, which don't help push your scoring average up.

We do. It just might not be as successful. I trust sincere to get something off. Good or bad. And to be honest I think it could be good. 

58 minutes ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

We do. It just might not be as successful. I trust sincere to get something off. Good or bad. And to be honest I think it could be good. 

I can see us settling into some games just giving the ball to sincere with 10 seconds on the shot clock and just let him cook. Again that style won't make us score a lot.

30 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

I need to know a lot more about the passing ability of this team before I could even hazard a guess at stats.  Is this a 15 assists per game team or a 12 assists per game team?  

That would be cheating 

On 10/24/2023 at 9:47 AM, Cowboy II said:

-here is this season's version if you want to consider while watching the exhibition games

1.          last season Yuri  - Who leads the team in assists?   

2.          l/s Jimerson, Perkins, Yuri  - Who are the top 3 point scorers?   

3.          l/s Okoro, Forrester  - Who are the top 2 rebounders?   

4.          Who plays more minutes among Medley, Zhang, van Bussel?  

5.          l/s Yuri  - Who leads the team in free throws attempted?   

6.          l/s 9  -  Number of players to average over 10mpg is…

7.          l/s 19.6 -  Average number of 3pt attempts per game for the team is…  

8.          l/s 75.5 -  Average points scored per game is….

9.          l/s 21-12 - What is the Season record?  

10.     l/s 12-6 - What is the A10 record?   

11.     l/s 4th  - Final conference standing, i.e. conf tourney seed (1st, 2nd, etc) is…

12.     l/s.A10 semifinals  -  End of season is…

-bump

1.          last season Yuri  - Who leads the team in assists?    - Medley

2.          l/s Jimerson, Perkins, Yuri  - Who are the top 3 point scorers? Jimerson, Dalger, Parker  

3.          l/s Okoro, Forrester  - Who are the top 2 rebounders?   Dalger, Zhang

4.          Who plays more minutes among Medley, Zhang, van Bussel?  Medley

5.          l/s Yuri  - Who leads the team in free throws attempted?   Parker

6.          l/s 9  -  Number of players to average over 10mpg is…8

7.          l/s 19.6 -  Average number of 3pt attempts per game for the team is…  25

8.          l/s 75.5 -  Average points scored per game is…. 65

9.          l/s 21-12 - What is the Season record?  12-19

10.     l/s 12-6 - What is the A10 record?   7-11

11.     l/s 4th  - Final conference standing, i.e. conf tourney seed (1st, 2nd, etc) is… 11th

12.     l/s.A10 semifinals  -  End of season is… first round

1.           - Who leads the team in assists?     -    Medley 

2.           - Who are the top 3 point scorers?     -    Hughes, Parker, Jimmerson

3.           - Who are the top 2 rebounders?       -     Dalger, Parker

4.          - Who plays more minutes among Medley, Zhang, van Bussel?     -    Medley

5.           - Who leads the team in free throws attempted?     -     Parker

6.           - Number of players to average over 10mpg is…       -      8

7.           - Average number of 3pt attempts per game for the team is…    -      21.6

8.          - Average points scored per game is….      -     77.2

9.          - What is the Season record?      -     19-14

10.        - What is the A10 record?     -     10-8 

11.        - Final conference standing, i.e. conf tourney seed (1st, 2nd, etc) is…        -       6th

12.        - End of season is…          -      Quarterfinals

1.           - Who leads the team in assists?     -    Meadows 

2.           - Who are the top 3 point scorers?     -    Jimmerson, Parker, Meadows

3.           - Who are the top 2 rebounders?       -     Dalger, Hargrove

4.          - Who plays more minutes among Medley, Zhang, van Bussel?     -    Medley

5.           - Who leads the team in free throws attempted?     -     Parker

6.           - Number of players to average over 10mpg is…       -      8

7.           - Average number of 3pt attempts per game for the team is…    -      21

8.          - Average points scored per game is….      -     72

9.          - What is the Season record?      -     19-12

10.        - What is the A10 record?     -     10-8

11.        - Final conference standing, i.e. conf tourney seed (1st, 2nd, etc) is…        -   5th   

12.        - End of season is…          -     Conference semis - no postseason

1.          last season Yuri  - Who leads the team in assists?   Medley

2.          l/s Jimerson, Perkins, Yuri  - Who are the top 3 point scorers?   Parker, Jimerson, Dalger

3.          l/s Okoro, Forrester  - Who are the top 2 rebounders?   Dalger, Thames

4.          Who plays more minutes among Medley, Zhang, van Bussel?  Medley

5.          l/s Yuri  - Who leads the team in free throws attempted?   Parker

6.          l/s 9  -  Number of players to average over 10mpg is…  9

7.          l/s 19.6 -  Average number of 3pt attempts per game for the team is…  22

8.          l/s 75.5 -  Average points scored per game is….71

9.          l/s 21-12 - What is the Season record?  17-15

10.     l/s 12-6 - What is the A10 record?   9-9

11.     l/s 4th  - Final conference standing, i.e. conf tourney seed (1st, 2nd, etc) is… 7th

12.     l/s.A10 semifinals  -  End of season is… Quarterfinals

On 10/26/2023 at 6:33 PM, thetorch said:

4 hours ago, JMM28 said:

12.     l/s.A10 semifinals  -  End of season is… first round

Clarification here.  I believe the A-10 considers the "first round" of the tournament to be the "pillow fight" games between the 10/15, 11/14, and 12/13 seeds.  Are you both saying that you expect SLU to lose pillow fight games as the higher seed to the worst or 2nd worst teams in the conference?

The last time we dropped a pillow fight game was as the 14 seed (dead last) during the first awful Jim Crew season in 2015.  Our final KenPom ranking in 2015 was 289.  I don't have super high hopes for this upcoming season and I understand anything can happen in a single elimination tournament, but man that losing a pillow fight game would suck.

48 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

Clarification here.  I believe the A-10 considers the "first round" of the tournament to be the "pillow fight" games between the 10/15, 11/14, and 12/13 seeds.  Are you both saying that you expect SLU to lose pillow fight games as the higher seed to the worst or 2nd worst teams in the conference?

The last time we dropped a pillow fight game was as the 14 seed (dead last) during the first awful Jim Crew season in 2015.  Our final KenPom ranking in 2015 was 289.  I don't have super high hopes for this upcoming season and I understand anything can happen in a single elimination tournament, but man that losing a pillow fight game would suck.

Good point. I was thinking the real first round so I suppose mine would be winning 1 game but losing in the "first round" of real games. 

5 hours ago, RUBillsFan said:

No I expect them to lose in the pillow fight.

On 10/24/2023 at 9:47 AM, Cowboy II said:

1.          last season Yuri  - Who leads the team in assists?   - Meadows

2.          l/s Jimerson, Perkins, Yuri  - Who are the top 3 point scorers?   - GibJim, Parker, LH2

3.          l/s Okoro, Forrester  - Who are the top 2 rebounders?   - Dalger,Zhang

4.          Who plays more minutes among Medley, Zhang, van Bussel?  Zhang

5.          l/s Yuri  - Who leads the team in free throws attempted?   Parker

6.          l/s 9  -  Number of players to average over 10mpg is… 9

7.          l/s 19.6 -  Average number of 3pt attempts per game for the team is…  21.8

8.          l/s 75.5 -  Average points scored per game is…. 71.7

9.          l/s 21-12 - What is the Season record?  17-14

10.     l/s 12-6 - What is the A10 record?   8-10

11.     l/s 4th  - Final conference standing, i.e. conf tourney seed (1st, 2nd, etc) is…9th

12.     l/s.A10 semifinals  -  End of season is… quarterfinals loss