OT: USMNT Soccer Thread

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, slufanskip said:

This crap where refs continually allow players to delay the game by picking up the ball after a foul and walking away with it or tossing it away when it’s not your teams ball needs to stop. 

I’m not a huge soccer fan so this may be blasphemous.   Why heck don’t they just stop the clock when the ball goes out or a foul is called, etc. instead of the weird / usually inaccurate adding time later to make up for all the delays?

14 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

I’m not a huge soccer fan so this may be blasphemous.   Why heck don’t they just stop the clock when the ball goes out or a foul is called, etc. instead of the weird / usually inaccurate adding time later to make up for all the delays?

You don’t need a timekeeper, an extra official. Usually the 4th official keeps mental track of extra time. Yes extra time can be inconsistent. 

54 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

I’m with you. I don’t think it’s blasphemous at all. But remember I’m the one that thinks the game would be better with a slightly larger goal. 

We are now one bad result in sub-optimal conditions away from being in a risky spot for qualification. Last I checked, it is forecasted to be zero degrees on Wednesday. I understand wanting to reduce travel in the window, but we should be playing inferior opponents like Honduras in decent weather to reduce uncontrolled variables.

1 hour ago, BilliesBy40 said:

We are now one bad result in sub-optimal conditions away from being in a risky spot for qualification. Last I checked, it is forecasted to be zero degrees on Wednesday. I understand wanting to reduce travel in the window, but we should be playing inferior opponents like Honduras in decent weather to reduce uncontrolled variables.

It isn't a coincidence we've had multiple muscle issues over the last couple games...

They need to move this game to US Bank Stadium or an equivalent. Deciding to play these home games where they did is a fireable offense. You don't have to play it in Minneapolis for it to be cold. They could have played it in KC or Nashville or something like that (if they wanted cold weather) and not dealt with players potentially getting frostbite by just being outside

What if it snowed like 12 in? What then?

21 hours ago, slufanskip said:

Until we solve the 9 problem we will remain a 2nd tier National team. We are as good or better at almost every position on the field except the 9 and there we are probably as bad as we’ve ever been

Bizarre that we aren't starting Pepi there after his recent star push.