OT: USMNT Soccer Thread

7 hours ago, TheA_Bomb said:

Azteca right now is not the same.  They aren't allowing fans.  So it's not the same the Panama game was dead.  Mexico had chances and couldn't convert, only scored on a PK dumb foul by Panamanian player to kick while he was on the ground in the penalty area.

I believe Azteca will be back to full capacity for our game there. Mexico’s 2-game punishment of no fans concluded with the Panama game.

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

39 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Has Sargent done much since his two goal game last month?

Today’s FA Cup game was their first game since his two goal game.  The EPL has not started back up yet from their winter break.

Here is quick article from yesterday from yesterday in which Dean Smith talks about Josh.

https://www.norfolklive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/dean-smith-norwich-sargent-wolves-6604833.amp

• 3 weeks later...

Weston McKennie, arguably our best player in the recent Window, is out 8 to 12 weeks with a broken foot.  Reyna, recently returned from his Sept hammie injury, went down again with a leg injury.  He should be back in a week or two.

Without McKennie in the March window, USMNT could sure use one point against Mexico in the opening game and absolutely must get all 3 against Panama.   If we need points in the finale at Costa Rica to qualify, we are in trouble.

38 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Weston McKennie, arguably our best player in the recent Window, is out 8 to 12 weeks with a broken foot.  Reyna, recently returned from his Sept hammie injury, went down again with a leg injury.  He should be back in a week or two.

Without McKennie in the March window, USMNT could sure use one point against Mexico in the opening game and absolutely must get all 3 against Panama.   If we need points in the finale at Costa Rica to qualify, we are in trouble.

McKennie being out is going to really hurt. If Gio is healthy he can play and imo is better suited to play inside but I think he's a drop from McKennie who I think has been the best player on the USMNT lately

Yeah McKennie has been my favorite USMNT player lately.  Juventus had a rough week tying Torino then Villarral and losing WMcK.

Looking like Pepi's new squad will get relegated.  

Why no George Bello call up? He's a Bundesliga starter but his squad is also facing relegation. 

Pulisic had a good UEFA CL goal.