OT: USMNT Soccer Thread

It’s no different than basketball. Any time something doesn’t achieve what you thought it should have, as a fan you are required to assume that whatever you thought should have been done would have achieved your desired results. Therefore it’s a coaching mistake. 

Pulisic certainly didn’t have a good game. He also seems to go down to easy and then complain about not getting a call. 

HoosierPal and cgeldmacher like this

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

It’s no different than basketball. Any time something doesn’t achieve what you thought it should have, as a fan you are required to assume that whatever you thought should have been done would have achieved your desired results. Therefore it’s a coaching mistake. 

Pulisic certainly didn’t have a good game. He also seems to go down to easy and then complain about not getting a call. 

Twellman suggested it might be due to his always changing position with Chelsea

42 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

So did they take away a point?  We only get 2 points for the win?

BTW, Ferreira got the assist on Robinson's goal.

Yes bc weah whiffed on the Bicycle kick. Ferreira played sorta how I thought our 4-5 String striker would play, blah. 

stmdragons likes this

11 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

Twellman suggested it might be due to his always changing position with Chelsea

This was the worst I have ever seen CP perform for the usmnt.  Turnover machine which is completely unlike his normal game. 

I was OK with JF first miss as he did a sweet job creating the shot. The second miss however….Pepi or Sargent go with their left foot and score, no doubt.  

Interesting story out of Canada. Tim Weah isn't with the team, as he doesn't comply with Canada's covid rules.  Weah got the first vaccination shot, then he contracted covid before he was scheduled to receive his second shot. He recovered just fine but never got the second shot.  In France, where he plays, his situation qualifies as vaccinated.  In Canada, he doesn't.

Screwy. 

3 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Interesting story out of Canada. Tim Weah isn't with the team, as he doesn't comply with Canada's covid rules.  Weah got the first vaccination shot, then he contracted covid before he was scheduled to receive his second shot. He recovered just fine but never got the second shot.  In France, where he plays, his situation qualifies as vaccinated.  In Canada, he doesn't.

Screwy. 

Dumb ass country

On 1/28/2022 at 8:45 AM, Gremio14 said:

This was the worst I have ever seen CP perform for the usmnt.  Turnover machine which is completely unlike his normal game. 

I was OK with JF first miss as he did a sweet job creating the shot. The second miss however….Pepi or Sargent go with their left foot and score, no doubt.  

Just saw this about Pulisic's performance on Thursday.

When Christian Pulisic plays on the left wing of the 4-3-3, he never stretches the field. His first, last and at times only instinct is to come back to the ball, point at his feet, go inverted and try to dribble three guys. It’s like the weight of that No. 10 makes him think he’s got to be Messi out there. So he turns the ball over a frankly unacceptable percentage of the time – 15 turnovers on 30 touches in the first half on Thursday.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/the-usmnt-s-pulisic-problem-lessons-learned-from-el-salvador-what-to-expect-at-c

4 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

Just saw this about Pulisic's performance on Thursday.

When Christian Pulisic plays on the left wing of the 4-3-3, he never stretches the field. His first, last and at times only instinct is to come back to the ball, point at his feet, go inverted and try to dribble three guys. It’s like the weight of that No. 10 makes him think he’s got to be Messi out there. So he turns the ball over a frankly unacceptable percentage of the time – 15 turnovers on 30 touches in the first half on Thursday.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/the-usmnt-s-pulisic-problem-lessons-learned-from-el-salvador-what-to-expect-at-c

???? That’s how a 433 works with an overlapping fullback like Robinson. He’s supposed to tuck inside.

does he come too deep sometimes? Sure. That’s a reasonable gripe. 

never change, pro-MLS doyle.

also, you don’t yank Pulisic. Just like Ford didn’t yank Perkins on a bad night. Pep doesn’t yank KDB. Only takes one good run to completely change a game

7 hours ago, Littlebill said:

???? That’s how a 433 works with an overlapping fullback like Robinson. He’s supposed to tuck inside.

does he come too deep sometimes? Sure. That’s a reasonable gripe. 

never change, pro-MLS doyle.

also, you don’t yank Pulisic. Just like Ford didn’t yank Perkins on a bad night. Pep doesn’t yank KDB. Only takes one good run to completely change a game

Let’s just hope he plays up to his usual level today. We’re going to need it…

Also, did Twellman say he was yanked? Balboa commented he was taken off to save for Canada…and Balboa never sugarcoats anything .

16 minutes ago, Gremio14 said:

Let’s just hope he plays up to his usual level today. We’re going to need it…

Also, did Twellman say he was yanked? Balboa commented he was taken off to save for Canada…and Balboa never sugarcoats anything .

I hope it was for that. That’s a risk in a 1-0 game tho. You’re right about Balboa

Way too hard to find this USMNT coverage on Paramount+. I know what it is and I have a subscription (if you subscribe to 247sports you get 1 FYI) but there was no link on splash page.

Anyway, Davis is the best player in this tournament, Reyna has the most potential but is either playing today?  I don't see them listed Reyna still has a hammy?

I saw the 1-0 snooze fest in KC for the Gold Cup live.  If no Davies US has a slight edge.

2 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

Way too hard to find this USMNT coverage on Paramount+. I know what it is and I have a subscription (if you subscribe to 247sports you get 1 FYI) but there was no link on splash page.

Anyway, Davis is the best player in this tournament, Reyna has the most potential but is either playing today?  I don't see them listed Reyna still has a hammy?

I saw the 1-0 snooze fest in KC for the Gold Cup live.  If no Davies US has a slight edge.

Huh?  Watching pregame right now.