Five positives from EWU McBroom Bowl

Sheltiedave

14 minutes ago, glazedandconfused said:

Sure Goodwin and french would be like the 7th and 8th guys on those teams but my point is that those teams were far more complete as a team than this. I mean they went like 27-5 one year. 

I mean Goodwin playing over Kwamain, Jordair, Mccall is pretty laughable. All 3 better were offensively and defensively (no disrespect to Goodwin, he's still a good player). 

Well I just disagree completely lol but that's my opinion. 

TheA_Bomb and billiken_roy like this

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

French would definitely start....Conklin was not much of a rebounder, 4.1 per game for his career....

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/brian-conklin-2.html

Conklin was 1st Team all-conference haha. You would bench him "definitely". I didn't know Jim Crews was on the message board. 

11 minutes ago, glazedandconfused said:

Conklin was 1st Team all-conference haha. You would bench him "definitely". I didn't know Jim Crews was on the message board. 

And added to the Mt. Rushmore of all-time bad takes on Billikens.com.......

As if Majerus wouldn't have LOVED to have the gritty athletes Goodwin, French, and Thatch

rgbilliken likes this

13 minutes ago, glazedandconfused said:

Both as a soph

ppg

French 9.3

conk 6.2

reb

french 8.4

conk 3.5

blocks ppg

french 1.8

conk .3

FG%

french 49%

conk 46%

1 minute ago, Littlebill said:

And added to the Mt. Rushmore of all-time bad takes on Billikens.com.......

As if Majerus wouldn't have LOVED to have the gritty athletes Goodwin, French, and Thatch

Littlebill, that wasn't the point though. Sure Majerus would've loved those players. But the argument was that this is the most complete team in 15 years. Goodwin and Thatch (!!) were not better athletes or players (yet) than McCall/Mitchell/Jett at guard. 100% of the people hear agree with this. So my point was they would not see significant time. 

The 12-13-14 teams were really good teams. Like legitimately top 25 teams in the country. This team is nowhere near that (time will tell if we are even a top 5 A-10 team. I'm thinking we are, but to state this is our most complete team is hilariously delusional. 

Just now, glazedandconfused said:

Littlebill, that wasn't the point though. Sure Majerus would've loved those players. But the argument was that this is the most complete team in 15 years. Goodwin and Thatch (!!) were not better athletes or players (yet) than McCall/Mitchell/Jett at guard. 100% of the people hear agree with this. So my point was they would not see significant time. 

The 12-13-14 teams were really good teams. Like legitimately top 25 teams in the country. This team is nowhere near that (time will tell if we are even a top 5 A-10 team. I'm thinking we are, but to state this is our most complete team is hilariously delusional. 

I 100% do not. Kwam only guard better than Goodwin. Has better than reed, and Conklin. Loe and Ellis not really comparable. 

billiken_roy likes this

1 minute ago, glazedandconfused said:

I think what you're doing, and im not saying you're wrong by is that you're comparing jett, mccall ect in their junior and senior years to french, goodwin and thatch who are practically still frosh and sophomores. 

Just now, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

I 100% do not. Kwam only guard better than Goodwin. Has better than reed, and Conklin. Loe and Ellis not really comparable. 

especially ellis when it comes to comparables

Just now, wgstl said:

Both as a soph

ppg

French 9.3

conk 6.2

reb

french 8.4

conk 3.5

blocks ppg

french 1.8

conk .3

FG%

french 49%

conk 46%

Wgstl, that wasn't the argument, though. Unrelated note, you should adjust to per possession to adjust for minutes played/pace of place if you want to make a legitimate point.

The argument was the French wouldn't start on the 12-13-14 teams (yet). Conklin was only on the 12 team and was undoubtedly better than French has been so far.

1 minute ago, wgstl said:

I think what you're doing, and im not saying you're wrong by is that you're comparing jett, mccall ect in their junior and senior years to french, goodwin and thatch who are practically still frosh and sophomores. 

Yes, that's what the argument was. That this year's team is the most complete team compared to the last 15 years. I agreed they could become significantly better next couple years.

Yes, that's what the argument was. That this year's team is the most complete team compared to the last 15 years. I agreed they could become significantly better next couple years.

so argue that its too early to tell, not that theres no chance.  who knows, this team could be.  Early on its showing a strong case for that title. 

3 minutes ago, glazedandconfused said:

"Jordan Goodwin is a better college basketball player than a-10 player of the year Jordair Jett" - Rise of the Billikens.

The defense rests.

Yes. Let me know when jordair could shoot like goody. And like wg said... you're comparing a senior to a soph lol I love those guys. But your posts are very matter of fact when in reality it's all your opinion. 

Putting a junior Goodwin and Has (In my opinion 😉) at 7th and 8th on that depth chart is laughable.

billiken_roy and Littlebill like this

9 minutes ago, glazedandconfused said:

the point is, you said no one on the current team would start, statistics prove you are wrong........

2 minutes ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

Yes. Let me know when jordair could shoot like goody. And like wg said... you're comparing a senior to a soph lol I love those guys. But your posts are very matter of fact when in reality it's all your opinion. 

Putting a junior Goodwin and Has (In my opinion 😉) at 7th and 8th on that depth chart is laughable.

I know it's your opinion but Jordair was A10 player of the year. I don't think it's wise to state jordan goodwin's shooting as his strong suit haha. effective FG% of 43 for Goodwin and 49 for Jett says otherwise.

6 minutes ago, wgstl said:

so argue that its too early to tell, not that theres no chance.  who knows, this team could be.  Early on its showing a strong case for that title. 

How would you quantify this team as eventually surpassing those teams? NCAA tourney wins/appearances? Total wins? Top 25 rankings? We had a 3 year run as a legit tourney team (automatic bids would've come even years we didn't win A-10 tourney). I'd be willing to guess we don't surpass 12-14 in any of those by any means. 

2 hours ago, glazedandconfused said:

McCall, Jett, Mitchell, Evans, Conklin, Ellis, Reed (briefly), Loe. Nobody (as they are now) on this year's team gets significant minutes on those Majerus teams. Pump the breaks a little haha. That being said this team is exciting and should only improve with experience and more time on the court together.

I'm personally interested in seeing the +/- numbers (I know not perfect metric) as the season progresses. Anyone know where I can find YTD #s?

Seriously? You don't think Goodwin and French would get significant minutes? French and Goodwin would both start on any of the Majerus or Majerus built Crews teams. 

I know it's your opinion but Jordair was A10 player of the year. I don't think it's wise to state jordan goodwin's shooting as his strong suit haha. effective FG% of 43 for Goodwin and 49 for Jett says otherwise.

Watch jordair shoot a 3. Watch Goodwin shoot a 3. Tell me which ones the better shooter. I'll tell you it's not JJ. 

Seems to be a lot of people disagreeing with you. Definitely not the 100% you previously stated. Lol

4 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

Seriously? You don't think Goodwin and French would get significant minutes? French and Goodwin would both start on any of the Majerus or Majerus built Crews teams. 

It's an unbelievable argument he's trying to make. Jake Barnett and Grandy Glaze started on these teams.

You could make a legitimate argument that Goodwin and French are the two best two way players in the A10.

1 minute ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

Watch jordair shoot a 3. Watch Goodwin shoot a 3. Tell me which ones the better shooter. I'll tell you it's not JJ. 

Seems to be a lot of people disagreeing with you. Definitely not the 100% you previously stated. Lol

I mean they both made 25% of the 3 points that they attempted and Jordair was a better FT shooter. So Jordair is factually a better shooter. (slightly)

1 minute ago, Littlebill said:

It's an unbelievable argument he's trying to make. Jake Barnett and Grandy Glaze started on these teams.

Yes I concede the 2014 team Hasahn would've started. I was more thinking 12-13 but the 14 team was still way better than this team.

7 minutes ago, glazedandconfused said:

Yes I concede the 2014 team Hasahn would've started. I was more thinking 12-13 but the 14 team was still way better than this team.

Glaze started 20 games in 12-13 and Remekun started 15.

In 13-14, Jake Barnett started 26 games.

Both French and Goodwin will go out as all-time greats. Why the need to rag on them? Especially when it's all without merit.

Why do you hate these guys so much?

rgbilliken and Zink like this