Jump to content
Billikens.com Message Board
Sign in to follow this  
Pistol

2019-2020 Record Tracking

Recommended Posts

Does anyone have a list of all 1,000 pt scorers? Just curious to see how high he could get. He's probably on pace for somewhere around 1600-1700 if my math holds up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Total Points
1. Anthony Bonner (1986-90) 1,972
2. Erwin Claggett (1992-95) 1,910
3. Roland Gray (1985-89) 1,880
4. Monroe Douglass (1985-89) 1,877
5. Scott Highmark (1992-95) 1,703
6. Kevin Lisch (2005-09) 1,691
7. Kwamain Mitchell (2008-13) 1,575
8. Tommie Liddell III (2005-09) 1,547
9. Dwayne Evans (2010-14) 1,499
10. Harry Rogers (1970-73) 1,493
11. Dick Boushka (1952-55) 1,448
12. Ed Macauley (1945-49) 1,402
13. Joe Wiley (1967-70) 1,368
14. Marque Perry (2000-03) 1,358
15. Luther Burden (1982-85) 1,349
16. Lewis McKinney (1973-76) 1,325
17. Jim Irving (1968-71) 1,269
18. Jordair Jett (2010-14) 1,239
19. Mike McCall Jr. (2010-14) 1,212
20. Carl Johnson (1974-78) 1,187
21. Jim McLaughlin (1953-56) 1,170
22. Brian Conklin (2008-12) 1,161
23. Davell Roby (2014-18) 1,160
24. Bob Ferry (1956-59) 1,128
25. Jack Mimlitz (1955-58) 1,118
26. Virgel Cobbin (1995-98) 1,107
27. Cody Ellis (2009-13) 1,062
28. David Burns (1979-81) 1,049
29. Ian Vouyoukas (2003-07) 1,046
30. Jeff Harris (1993-97) 1,037
31. Bob Cole (1964-67) 1,016

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, glazedandconfused said:

Does anyone have a list of all 1,000 pt scorers? Just curious to see how high he could get. He's probably on pace for somewhere around 1600-1700 if my math holds up. 

Top 10 is definitely doable. Missing Top 15 would be disappointing (relatively speaking, obviously)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think in an ideal world Jordan won't need to take as many shots next season which could impact his points per game negatively (though I also expect him to increase his 3-pt and FT percentages).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

Total Points
1. Anthony Bonner (1986-90) 1,972
2. Erwin Claggett (1992-95) 1,910
3. Roland Gray (1985-89) 1,880
4. Monroe Douglass (1985-89) 1,877
5. Scott Highmark (1992-95) 1,703
6. Kevin Lisch (2005-09) 1,691
7. Kwamain Mitchell (2008-13) 1,575
8. Tommie Liddell III (2005-09) 1,547
9. Dwayne Evans (2010-14) 1,499
10. Harry Rogers (1970-73) 1,493
11. Dick Boushka (1952-55) 1,448
12. Ed Macauley (1945-49) 1,402
13. Joe Wiley (1967-70) 1,368
14. Marque Perry (2000-03) 1,358
15. Luther Burden (1982-85) 1,349
16. Lewis McKinney (1973-76) 1,325
17. Jim Irving (1968-71) 1,269
18. Jordair Jett (2010-14) 1,239
19. Mike McCall Jr. (2010-14) 1,212
20. Carl Johnson (1974-78) 1,187
21. Jim McLaughlin (1953-56) 1,170
22. Brian Conklin (2008-12) 1,161
23. Davell Roby (2014-18) 1,160
24. Bob Ferry (1956-59) 1,128
25. Jack Mimlitz (1955-58) 1,118
26. Virgel Cobbin (1995-98) 1,107
27. Cody Ellis (2009-13) 1,062
28. David Burns (1979-81) 1,049
29. Ian Vouyoukas (2003-07) 1,046
30. Jeff Harris (1993-97) 1,037
31. Bob Cole (1964-67) 1,016

French is sitting on 878 points, ranked in the mid-40's All Time.  He is averaging 10.5 ppg in conference games, so that averages out to 12 games for the benchmark. With 10 Conference game to go, that puts him potentially hitting a Grand in the A10 Tourney.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, glazedandconfused said:

Does anyone have a list of all 1,000 pt scorers? Just curious to see how high he could get. He's probably on pace for somewhere around 1600-1700 if my math holds up. 

https://slubillikens.com/documents/2019/11/16/HistoryRecords.pdf?path=mbball

Handy reference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update through 9 of 18 conference games:

-Tay Weaver still has a shot at senior total 3-point FGs if his volume continues to increase, and he has a shot at 3FG% if he can get hot. He needs 56 makes to crack the senior top 10 and needs to be over 40% - he's currently 25-68, for .368.

-Jack Raboin hasn't attempted a FG yet but we haven't forgotten his perfect 100% shooting percentage from last season. Just need to get him 50 attempts this season.

-Jordan Goodwin is now in the 1,000 point club, with 1,003 and counting. He's #32 all time in scoring; at 31 is Bob Cole, with 1,016. His scoring average of 14.8 is a little behind the top 10; he needs to average 16.8. Total points is looking more solid (has 326, needs 459). He has 239 rebounds and needs 244 to reach the top 10; his 10.9 RPG would tie him with Hasahn French at 7th all-time among juniors. He has 704 career rebounds and needs 713 to crack the top 10. He'd finish outside the top 10 in assists at his current pace but that list is also in play (has 64, needs 112). He now has 47 steals, good for 6th; the junior record of 59 is should fall this season. He's tied with Mike McCall for 5th in career steals, with 165. He should top Bonner's 192 steals before he is done. He is currently third in career MPG, sitting between Tommie Liddell and Anthony Bonner. Goodwin is currently tied for second in career minutes per game with Tommie Liddell, at 34.4 MPG.

-Hasahn French is the program's all-time blocked shots leader, with 182 and counting. He just broke Ian Vouyoukas' junior blocks record of 55 and has 57 on the season. 73 (Willie Reed's sophomore year) remains the all-time all-class record, which is very much in reach, and French now owns the 3rd, 5th, and 6th place marks in the all-class top 10. His 7 blocks against Belmont are tied for the second most in a single game (Kelvin Henderson had 8 against Siena in 1979 and Willie Reed had 7 against Dayton in 2009), and his 5 against Seton Hall and GW are also among the 20 times in SLU history that a player has registered 5 or more blocks in a game. He has 229 rebounds and needs 244 to reach the top 10; his 10.9 RPG would tie him with Goodwin at 7th all-time among juniors. His 24 rebounds against Belmont are tied for third-most in a game in school history (Rich Parks had 24 against Arkansas State in 1966, Bob Nordman had 27 against Kansas in 1959, and Jerry Koch had 38 vs. Bradley in 1954) and marked only the 16th time a Billiken had 20 or more in a game. With 759 rebounds, French is now 7th all-time in career rebounds, having just passed Liddell and Joe Wiley. He will likely pass Roland Gray (781) in the next few games.

-Javonte Perkins could get FT% in play (at .786, needs .805 for 10th) if his percentage continues to climb. He has 294 points this season and needs 459 to reach the top 10 (or 463, assuming Goodwin finishes above him). He has 25 3-pointers and needs 52 to make the junior top 10. His 33-point performance at St. Joe's was the 75th time in program history someone scored 30 or more in a game; 25 of those were for 34+ points, so he is tied in 26th for points in a game.

-Joshua Hightower won't play enough to hit the record books. But I organize this list by class.

-Demarius Jacobs is back in play for the sophomore three-point FG percentage top 10. He needs to stay above .363 (Anthony Drejaj) and is currently at .373 (25-67). He was on track to bump Jordair Jett from the sophomore steals top 10 earlier in the season but he's a long shot now (has 22, needs 39).

-Fred Thatch is not in play for any sophomore records and we're obviously all hoping he gets healthy soon.

-K.C. Hankton is also not in play for any sophomore records.

-Brandon Courtney isn't going to crack any sophomore lists but is somehow averaging more than Hankton, Hightower, Diarra, and Raboin (one appearance, one made 3-pointer).

-Yuri Collins now owns the freshman assist record at 120 and counting. If he continues to average 5.5 APG, he will register 180+ on the season. He needs 138 to tie Josh Fisher in 10th all-time in a season and the all-class season record is 235 (Jim Roder). Second all-time for any class is 193 (Charles Newberry), and that seems like a realistic goal. Jett is third with 164 and Collins should top that. His 11 assists against EWU marked only the 13th time in SLU history a player has registered 11 or more in a game. Collins is 6th on the freshman steals list with 36, bumping Anthony Bonner and his 32 from the top 10. He needs two more to tie Kwamain Mitchell (38, 6th) and could reach Goodwin's second place mark of 52, but Larry Hughes' 69 steal mark seems out of reach.

-Gibson Jimerson looked like a sure thing to break the all-time freshman mark for 3-point field goals (58, Kevin Lisch) and challenge 3-point FG percentage (.430, Marcus Bartley), along with all-class shooting lists. He finished 24-56, short of the volume needed to make the total top 10 but with enough attempts and a good enough percentage (.429) to finish second in freshman 3FG% to Bartley and eighth on the all-class list, tied with Austin McBroom. His scoring average of 10.8 fell just short of 10th (Kwamain Mitchell, 11.0), and his FT shooting percentage of .857 would've been second all time if he registered enough attempts and kept up that pace; he was only 6-7.

-Terrence Hargrove could land on the top 10 in freshman FT% if he gets to 50 attempts. He's currently 21-27 for .778, which would put him tied with Scott Highmark in fourth place. He's also .476 from the field and has a shot at FG% - Brian Conklin is 10th, at .522. However, he's 30-63 and needs 100 attempts.

-Jimmy Bell isn't on pace for any freshman lists. He's .443 from the field on 61 attempts, so that's one to watch if he gets more efficient and also reaches 100 attempts.

-Madani Diarra has not played enough to be in play for any freshman marks.

Summary: French and Goodwin will be on a bunch of junior season lists, Collins and Jimerson will be on some freshman season lists, and French, Goodwin, and Collins will show up on all-class lists for a single season. We also have a few single-game performances that will be in the record books, French and Goodwin climbing career lists, and the all-time blocks record has fallen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Pistol said:

-Javonte Perkins could get FT% in play (at .786, needs .805 for 10th) but he's a long shot for anything else on the junior lists at this time. His 33-point performance at St. Joe's was the 75th time in program history someone scored 30 or more in a game; 25 of those were for 34+ points, so he is tied in 26th for points in a game.

Are we sure about that?

Perkins in sitting on 294 points and has averaged 17.3 ppg during conference play.  As you pointed out in the Goodwin post, he needs to get to 459 (and top Goodwin or 463 without topping Goodwin) to be top 10.  That means at his pace during conference play he needs 10 more games to get there.  SLU has 9 regular season games remaining plus at least 1 A10 tournament game.  Given that I'd expect SLU to play more than 10 games with at least one win in the A10 tourney and some other postseason afterwards, I don't think Perkins getting to top 10 on the junior list is a long shot.  A little bit tougher, but Perkins has also hit 11 of his 25 3s in the last 4 games (2.75 / game).  If he keeps taking & hitting from long distance, it's not out of the realm of possibility for him to pass Diener at 52 makes and get into the junior class 3 pt made top 10.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

Are we sure about that?

Perkins in sitting on 294 points and has averaged 17.3 ppg during conference play.  As you pointed out in the Goodwin post, he needs to get to 459 (and top Goodwin or 463 without topping Goodwin) to be top 10.  That means at his pace during conference play he needs 10 more games to get there.  SLU has 9 regular season games remaining plus at least 1 A10 tournament game.  Given that I'd expect SLU to play more than 10 games with at least one win in the A10 tourney and some other postseason afterwards, I don't think Perkins getting to top 10 on the junior list is a long shot.  A little bit tougher, but Perkins has also hit 11 of his 25 3s in the last 4 games (2.75 / game).  If he keeps taking & hitting from long distance, it's not out of the realm of possibility for him to pass Diener at 52 makes and get into the junior class 3 pt made top 10.  

I probably needed to update the wording there to something softer - we still need him to average 16.5 PPG through 10 more games, 15.0 PPG through 11, 13.8 PPG through 12, and 12.7 PPG through 13.

He'll need to more than double his 3-point total to get to Diener's mark. That seems like an actual long shot to me, even with the recent boost in production.

Regardless, I've edited my post to account for these possibilities.

For the team's sake, I hope he reaches both.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update through 11 of 18 conference games:

-Tay Weaver still has a shot at senior total 3-point FGs if his volume continues to increase, and he has a shot at 3FG% if he can get hot. He needs 56 makes to crack the senior top 10 and needs to be over 40% - he's currently 29-79, for .367.

-Jack Raboin hasn't attempted a FG yet but we haven't forgotten his perfect 100% shooting percentage from last season. Just need to get him 50 attempts this season.

-Jordan Goodwin is now in the 1,000 point club, with 1,045 and counting. He's #30 all time in scoring, having just passed Bob Cole (1,016) and Jeff Harris (1,037). Ian Vouyoukas is 29th, with 1,046, and Goodwin will pass him, David Burns (1,049), and Cody Ellis (1,062) in the next couple games. His scoring average of 15.3 is a little behind the junior top 10; he needs to average 16.8. Total points is looking more solid (has 368, needs 459). He has 247 rebounds and needs 257 to reach the top 10; his 10.3 RPG would put him 9th all-time among juniors, or 10th if French's average ends up above his. He has 712 career rebounds and needs 713 to crack the top 10. He'd finish outside the junior top 10 in assists at his current pace but that list is also in play (has 69, needs 112). He now has 49 steals, good for 5th; the junior record of 59 is should fall this season. He's now 5th in career steals, with 167. He should top Bonner's 192 steals before he is done. He is currently third in career MPG, sitting between Tommie Liddell and Anthony Bonner. Goodwin is currently tied for second in career minutes per game with Tommie Liddell, at 34.4 MPG.

-Hasahn French is the program's all-time blocked shots leader, with 186 and counting. He broke Ian Vouyoukas' junior blocks record of 55 and has 61 on the season. 73 (Willie Reed's sophomore year) remains the all-time all-class record, which is very much in reach, and French now owns the 3rd, 5th, and 6th place marks in the all-class top 10. His 7 blocks against Belmont are tied for the second most in a single game (Kelvin Henderson had 8 against Siena in 1979 and Willie Reed had 7 against Dayton in 2009), and his 5 against Seton Hall and GW are also among the 20 times in SLU history that a player has registered 5 or more blocks in a game. He has 249 rebounds and needs 257 to reach the junior top 10; his 10.8 RPG would make him 8th all-time among juniors. His 24 rebounds against Belmont are tied for third-most in a game in school history (Rich Parks had 24 against Arkansas State in 1966, Bob Nordman had 27 against Kansas in 1959, and Jerry Koch had 38 vs. Bradley in 1954) and marked only the 16th time a Billiken had 20 or more in a game. With 779 rebounds, French is now 7th all-time in career rebounds, having recently passed Liddell and Joe Wiley. He is 11 behind Eugene Moore, currently in 6th place with 790.

-Javonte Perkins could get FT% in play (at .777, needs .805 for 10th) if his percentage climbs a bit more. He has 319 points this season and needs 459 to reach the top 10 (or 463, assuming Goodwin finishes above him). He has 26 3-pointers and needs 52 to make the junior top 10. His 33-point performance at St. Joe's was the 75th time in program history someone scored 30 or more in a game; 25 of those were for 34+ points, so he is tied in 26th for points in a game.

-Joshua Hightower won't play enough to hit the record books. But I organize this list by class.

-Demarius Jacobs is back in play for the sophomore three-point FG percentage top 10. He needs to stay above .363 (Anthony Drejaj) and is currently at .380 (27-71). He was on track to bump Jordair Jett from the sophomore steals top 10 earlier in the season but he's a stretch now (has 24, needs 39).

-Fred Thatch is not in play for any sophomore records and we're obviously all hoping he gets healthy soon.

-K.C. Hankton is also not in play for any sophomore records.

-Brandon Courtney isn't going to crack any sophomore lists but is somehow averaging more than Hankton, Hightower, Diarra, and Raboin (one appearance, one made 3-pointer).

-Yuri Collins now owns the freshman assist record at 127 and counting. If he continues to average 5.3 APG, he will register 175+ on the season. He needs 138 to tie Josh Fisher in 10th all-time in a season and the all-class season record is 235 (Jim Roder). Second all-time for any class is 193 (Charles Newberry), and that seems like a realistic stretch goal. Jett is third with 164 and Collins should top that. His 11 assists against EWU marked only the 13th time in SLU history a player has registered 11 or more in a game. Collins is tied with Kwamain Mitchell for 6th on the freshman steals list with 38, bumping Anthony Bonner and his 32 from the top 10. He could reach Goodwin's second place mark of 52, but Larry Hughes' 69 steal mark seems out of reach.

-Gibson Jimerson looked like a sure thing to break the all-time freshman mark for 3-point field goals (58, Kevin Lisch) and challenge 3-point FG percentage (.430, Marcus Bartley), along with all-class shooting lists. He finished 24-56, short of the volume needed to make the total top 10 but with enough attempts and a good enough percentage (.429) to finish second in freshman 3FG% to Bartley and eighth on the all-class list, tied with Austin McBroom. His scoring average of 10.8 fell just short of 10th (Kwamain Mitchell, 11.0), and his FT shooting percentage of .857 would've been second all time if he registered enough attempts and kept up that pace; he was only 6-7.

-Terrence Hargrove could land on the top 10 in freshman FT% if he gets to 50 attempts. He's currently 22-29 for .759, which would put him in eighth place. He's also .484 from the field and has a shot at FG% - Brian Conklin is 10th, at .522. However, he's 30-63 and needs 100 attempts.

-Jimmy Bell isn't on pace for any freshman lists. He's .484 from the field on 64 attempts, so that's one to watch if he gets more efficient and also reaches 100 attempts.

-Madani Diarra has not played enough to be in play for any freshman marks.

Summary: French and Goodwin will be on a bunch of junior season lists, Collins and Jimerson will be on some freshman season lists, and French, Goodwin, and Collins will show up on all-class lists for a single season. We also have a few single-game performances that will be in the record books, French and Goodwin climbing career lists, and the all-time blocks record has fallen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Update through 11 of 18 conference games:

-Tay Weaver still has a shot at senior total 3-point FGs if his volume continues to increase, and he has a shot at 3FG% if he can get hot. He needs 56 makes to crack the senior top 10 and needs to be over 40% - he's currently 29-79, for .367.

-Jack Raboin hasn't attempted a FG yet but we haven't forgotten his perfect 100% shooting percentage from last season. Just need to get him 50 attempts this season.

-Jordan Goodwin is now in the 1,000 point club, with 1,045 and counting. He's #30 all time in scoring, having just passed Bob Cole (1,016) and Jeff Harris (1,037). Ian Vouyoukas is 29th, with 1,046, and Goodwin will pass him, David Burns (1,049), and Cody Ellis (1,062) in the next couple games. His scoring average of 15.3 is a little behind the junior top 10; he needs to average 16.8. Total points is looking more solid (has 368, needs 459). He has 247 rebounds and needs 257 to reach the top 10; his 10.3 RPG would put him 9th all-time among juniors, or 10th if French's average ends up above his. He has 712 career rebounds and needs 713 to crack the top 10. He'd finish outside the junior top 10 in assists at his current pace but that list is also in play (has 69, needs 112). He now has 49 steals, good for 5th; the junior record of 59 is should fall this season. He's now 5th in career steals, with 167. He should top Bonner's 192 steals before he is done. He is currently third in career MPG, sitting between Tommie Liddell and Anthony Bonner. Goodwin is currently tied for second in career minutes per game with Tommie Liddell, at 34.4 MPG.

-Hasahn French is the program's all-time blocked shots leader, with 186 and counting. He broke Ian Vouyoukas' junior blocks record of 55 and has 61 on the season. 73 (Willie Reed's sophomore year) remains the all-time all-class record, which is very much in reach, and French now owns the 3rd, 5th, and 6th place marks in the all-class top 10. His 7 blocks against Belmont are tied for the second most in a single game (Kelvin Henderson had 8 against Siena in 1979 and Willie Reed had 7 against Dayton in 2009), and his 5 against Seton Hall and GW are also among the 20 times in SLU history that a player has registered 5 or more blocks in a game. He has 249 rebounds and needs 257 to reach the junior top 10; his 10.8 RPG would make him 8th all-time among juniors. His 24 rebounds against Belmont are tied for third-most in a game in school history (Rich Parks had 24 against Arkansas State in 1966, Bob Nordman had 27 against Kansas in 1959, and Jerry Koch had 38 vs. Bradley in 1954) and marked only the 16th time a Billiken had 20 or more in a game. With 779 rebounds, French is now 7th all-time in career rebounds, having recently passed Liddell and Joe Wiley. He is 11 behind Eugene Moore, currently in 6th place with 790.

-Javonte Perkins could get FT% in play (at .777, needs .805 for 10th) if his percentage climbs a bit more. He has 319 points this season and needs 459 to reach the top 10 (or 463, assuming Goodwin finishes above him). He has 26 3-pointers and needs 52 to make the junior top 10. His 33-point performance at St. Joe's was the 75th time in program history someone scored 30 or more in a game; 25 of those were for 34+ points, so he is tied in 26th for points in a game.

-Joshua Hightower won't play enough to hit the record books. But I organize this list by class.

-Demarius Jacobs is back in play for the sophomore three-point FG percentage top 10. He needs to stay above .363 (Anthony Drejaj) and is currently at .380 (27-71). He was on track to bump Jordair Jett from the sophomore steals top 10 earlier in the season but he's a stretch now (has 24, needs 39).

-Fred Thatch is not in play for any sophomore records and we're obviously all hoping he gets healthy soon.

-K.C. Hankton is also not in play for any sophomore records.

-Brandon Courtney isn't going to crack any sophomore lists but is somehow averaging more than Hankton, Hightower, Diarra, and Raboin (one appearance, one made 3-pointer).

-Yuri Collins now owns the freshman assist record at 127 and counting. If he continues to average 5.3 APG, he will register 175+ on the season. He needs 138 to tie Josh Fisher in 10th all-time in a season and the all-class season record is 235 (Jim Roder). Second all-time for any class is 193 (Charles Newberry), and that seems like a realistic stretch goal. Jett is third with 164 and Collins should top that. His 11 assists against EWU marked only the 13th time in SLU history a player has registered 11 or more in a game. Collins is tied with Kwamain Mitchell for 6th on the freshman steals list with 38, bumping Anthony Bonner and his 32 from the top 10. He could reach Goodwin's second place mark of 52, but Larry Hughes' 69 steal mark seems out of reach.

-Gibson Jimerson looked like a sure thing to break the all-time freshman mark for 3-point field goals (58, Kevin Lisch) and challenge 3-point FG percentage (.430, Marcus Bartley), along with all-class shooting lists. He finished 24-56, short of the volume needed to make the total top 10 but with enough attempts and a good enough percentage (.429) to finish second in freshman 3FG% to Bartley and eighth on the all-class list, tied with Austin McBroom. His scoring average of 10.8 fell just short of 10th (Kwamain Mitchell, 11.0), and his FT shooting percentage of .857 would've been second all time if he registered enough attempts and kept up that pace; he was only 6-7.

-Terrence Hargrove could land on the top 10 in freshman FT% if he gets to 50 attempts. He's currently 22-29 for .759, which would put him in eighth place. He's also .484 from the field and has a shot at FG% - Brian Conklin is 10th, at .522. However, he's 30-63 and needs 100 attempts.

-Jimmy Bell isn't on pace for any freshman lists. He's .484 from the field on 64 attempts, so that's one to watch if he gets more efficient and also reaches 100 attempts.

-Madani Diarra has not played enough to be in play for any freshman marks.

Summary: French and Goodwin will be on a bunch of junior season lists, Collins and Jimerson will be on some freshman season lists, and French, Goodwin, and Collins will show up on all-class lists for a single season. We also have a few single-game performances that will be in the record books, French and Goodwin climbing career lists, and the all-time blocks record has fallen.

Great job as usual thanks again for keeping this up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update with 4 of 18 conference games remaining:

-Tay Weaver is probably now out of contention for senior total 3-point FGs and 3FG%. He needs 56 makes to crack the senior top 10 and needs to be over 40% - he's currently 31-86, for .360. We have 5 guaranteed games left so he basically needs to have his biggest game every night to make it.

-Jack Raboin hasn't attempted a FG yet but we haven't forgotten his perfect 100% shooting percentage from last season. Just need to get him 50 attempts this season. Unless he becomes a starter, and even if he does, it probably isn't going to happen this year.

-Jordan Goodwin is now in the 1,000 point club, with 1,095 and counting. He's #27 all time in scoring, having just passed Cody Ellis (1,062) and David Burns (1,049). Virgel Cobbin is 26th, with 1,107, and Goodwin will pass him, Jack Mimlitz (1,118), and Bob Ferry (1,128) this season. He could also pass Davell Roby (1,160), Brian Conklin (1,161), and Jim McLaughlin (1,170) if he scores his average over the next five games or we go on a run. A run could also put the top 20 in reach, with #20 Carl Johnson (1,187) and #19 Mike McCall (1,212) in reach. His scoring average of 15.5 is a little behind the junior top 10; he needs to average 16.8 and that is probably out of reach at this point. Total points is looking more solid (has 418, needs 459). He has 283 rebounds, which ties him in 7th with Joe Wiley in the junior top 10. His 10.5 RPG would put him 8th all-time among juniors, or 9th if French's average ends up above his. He has 748 career rebounds, which is 8th all-time. If he keeps up his average in the next five games, he'll just pass Eugene Moore (790) for 7th. He'd finish outside the junior top 10 in assists at his current pace but that list is also in play (has 83, needs 112). He now has 57 steals, good for 3rd; the junior record of 59 is should fall in the next game or two. He's now 3rd in career steals, with 175. He will top Bonner's 192 steals before he is done and will pass Josh Fisher (179) for 2nd in the next few games. He is currently second in career MPG (34.5), sitting between Javon Bess (36.5) and Tommie Liddell (34.4).

-Hasahn French is the program's all-time blocked shots leader, with 191 and counting. He broke Ian Vouyoukas' junior blocks record of 55 and has 66 on the season. 73 (Willie Reed's sophomore year) remains the all-time all-class record, which is very much in reach, and French now owns two of the 3rd (this season and last are tied with Melvin Robinson's 66) and 6th place marks in the all-class top 10. His 7 blocks against Belmont are tied for the second most in a single game (Kelvin Henderson had 8 against Siena in 1979 and Willie Reed had 7 against Dayton in 2009), and his 5 against Seton Hall and GW are also among the 20 times in SLU history that a player has registered 5 or more blocks in a game. He has 268 rebounds and needs 270 to reach the junior top 10; his 10.3 RPG would make him 10th all-time among juniors. His 24 rebounds against Belmont are tied for third-most in a game in school history (Rich Parks had 24 against Arkansas State in 1966, Bob Nordman had 27 against Kansas in 1959, and Jerry Koch had 38 vs. Bradley in 1954) and marked only the 16th time a Billiken had 20 or more in a game. With 798 rebounds, French is now 6th all-time in career rebounds, having recently passed Eugene Moore. He is 13 behind Roland Gray, currently in 5th place with 811.

-Javonte Perkins could get FT% in play (at .789, needs .805 for 10th for juniors) if his percentage climbs a bit more. He has 387 points this season and needs 459 to reach the top 10 (or 463, assuming Goodwin finishes above him). He has 34 3-pointers and needs 52 to make the junior top 10. These marks all looked out of reach until his conference season burst in production. His 33-point performance at St. Joe's was the 75th time in program history someone scored 30 or more in a game; 25 of those were for 34+ points, so he is tied in 26th for points in a game.

-Joshua Hightower won't play enough to hit the record books. But I organize this list by class.

-Demarius Jacobs is back in play for the sophomore three-point FG percentage top 10. He needs to stay above .363 (Anthony Drejaj) and is currently at .392 (29-74). He was on track to bump Jordair Jett from the sophomore steals top 10 earlier in the season but he's a stretch now (has 25, needs 39).

-Fred Thatch is not in play for any sophomore records and we're obviously all hoping he gets healthy soon.

-K.C. Hankton is also not in play for any sophomore records.

-Brandon Courtney isn't going to crack any sophomore lists but is somehow averaging more than Hankton, Hightower, Diarra, and Raboin (one appearance, one made 3-pointer).

-Yuri Collins now owns the freshman assist record at 144 and counting. If he continues to average 5.3 APG, he will register 175+ on the season. He is now 8th all-time in a season for assists and the all-class season record is 235 (Jim Roder). Second all-time for any class is 193 (Charles Newberry), and that seems like a realistic stretch goal. Jett is third with 164 and Collins should top that. His 11 assists against EWU marked only the 13th time in SLU history a player has registered 11 or more in a game, and his 12 against VCU were the 14th occurrence and tied him with Roder, Bill Moulder, and Charles Newberry for 4th most in a single game. Collins is 6th on the freshman steals list with 41, and should pass Josh Fisher and Jeramy Biles (42 each) in the next couple games. He could reach Goodwin's second place mark of 52, but Larry Hughes' 69 steal mark seems out of reach.

-Gibson Jimerson looked like a sure thing to break the all-time freshman mark for 3-point field goals (58, Kevin Lisch) and challenge 3-point FG percentage (.430, Marcus Bartley), along with all-class shooting lists. He finished 24-56, short of the volume needed to make the total top 10 but with enough attempts and a good enough percentage (.429) to finish second in freshman 3FG% to Bartley and eighth on the all-class list, tied with Austin McBroom. His scoring average of 10.8 fell just short of 10th (Kwamain Mitchell, 11.0), and his FT shooting percentage of .857 would've been second all time if he registered enough attempts and kept up that pace; he was only 6-7.

-Terrence Hargrove shot his way out of the top 10 in freshman FT% in the past game. He's currently 23-33 for .697, now well behind the .733 he needs and short of the 50 attempts required. He's .500 from the field and has a shot at FG% - Brian Conklin is 10th, at .522. However, he's 36-72 and needs 100 attempts.

-Jimmy Bell isn't on pace for any freshman lists. He's .437 from the field on 71 attempts, so it looks like he's off pace there after threatening for a while.

-Madani Diarra has not played enough to be in play for any freshman marks.

Summary: French and Goodwin will be on a bunch of junior season lists, Collins and Jimerson will be on some freshman season lists, and French, Goodwin, and Collins will show up on all-class lists for a single season. We also have a few single-game performances that will be in the record books, French and Goodwin climbing career lists, and the all-time blocks record is skyrocketing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No heavy lifting on this but right now on track for second most assist for player for a season, and first for most steals and most block shots individual for a season for a Bill..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, almaman said:

No heavy lifting on this but right now on track for second most assist for player for a season, and first for most steals and most block shots individual for a season for a Bill..

Yeah, there's a lot going on this season. I'll do a full update tomorrow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure where else to put this but I just wanted to point out: Hargrove has 5 blocks in the past 2 games. He has only played 20+ minutes 6 times this season and has registered 2+ blocks in 4 of those. I love what he's bringing the past few games on the defensive end. His energy, length, leaping ability, and all-around effort are frustrating people.

I noted this some point after his HS season but he averaged about 3.3 blocks his senior year of HS. Yes, he was playing as a big man most of the season and his athleticism was even more of a problem for opponents but still - he might put up some sneaky stat stuffing performances in his career.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Not sure where else to put this but I just wanted to point out: Hargrove has 5 blocks in the past 2 games. He has only played 20+ minutes 6 times this season and has registered 2+ blocks in 4 of those. .I love what he's bringing the past few games on the defensive end. His energy, length, leaping ability, and all-around effort are frustrating people.

I noted this some point after his HS season but he averaged about 3.3 blocks his senior year of HS. Yes, he was playing as a big man most of the season and his athleticism was even more of a problem for opponents but still - he might put up some sneaky stat stuffing performances in his career.

Could not agree more about TJ. Don't see much SLU hoops here in FL. He really showed up at the VCU game that was on cable TV. Then today's game I got to see him play once more. He brings more athleticism to the Bills. Sure hope this team run continues through the A-10 Tourney and leads to a NCAA Tourney selection.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Not sure where else to put this but I just wanted to point out: Hargrove has 5 blocks in the past 2 games. He has only played 20+ minutes 6 times this season and has registered 2+ blocks in 4 of those. I love what he's bringing the past few games on the defensive end. His energy, length, leaping ability, and all-around effort are frustrating people.

I noted this some point after his HS season but he averaged about 3.3 blocks his senior year of HS. Yes, he was playing as a big man most of the season and his athleticism was even more of a problem for opponents but still - he might put up some sneaky stat stuffing performances in his career.

plus his goal tending calls have been impressive:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, almaman said:

plus his goal tending calls have been impressive:)

I support the occasional goaltend as a threat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update heading into the last 2 conference games. I'm hoping to update again after the A10 Tournament and a season wrap-up after a postseason tournament (hopefully):

-Tay Weaver is now out of contention for senior total 3-point FGs and almost certainly for 3FG%. He needs 56 makes to crack the senior top 10 and needs to be over 40% - he's currently 31-87, for .356.

-Jack Raboin hasn't attempted a FG yet but we haven't forgotten his perfect 100% shooting percentage from last season. Just need to get him 50 attempts this season. Unless he becomes a starter, and even if he does, it probably isn't going to happen this year.

-Jordan Goodwin is in the 1,000 point club, with 1,129 and counting. He's #24 all time in scoring, having just passed Bob Ferry (1,128). In the past two games, he also passed Virgel Cobbin (1,107) and Jack Mimlitz (1,118). If he scores his average over the three remaining guaranteed games, he will pass Davell Roby (1,160), Brian Conklin (1,161), and Jim McLaughlin (1,170). A March run could put the top 20 in play this season, with #20 Carl Johnson (1,187) and #19 Mike McCall (1,212) within reach. His scoring average of 15.6 is a little behind the junior top 10; he needs to average 16.8 and that is probably out of reach at this point. He should crack the junior total points list in the next game, though (has 452, needs 459 to tie Reggie Bryant). He has 304 rebounds, which makes him 7th for juniors. His 10.5 RPG would put him 8th all-time among juniors, or 9th if French's average ends up above his. He has 769 career rebounds, which is 8th all-time. If he keeps up his average in the next three games, he'll pass Eugene Moore (790) for 7th all-time. He'd finish outside the junior top 10 in assists at his current pace but that list is also in play if we go on a run (has 90, needs 112). He now has 59 steals, tied with LaTodd Johnson for most all-time among juniors. 59 also puts him tied with Johnson for 6th all-time in a season for any class. He's now 3rd in career steals, with 177. He will top Bonner's 192 steals before he is done and will pass Josh Fisher (179) for 2nd in the next few games. He is currently second in career MPG (34.5), sitting between Javon Bess (36.5) and Tommie Liddell (34.4).

-Hasahn French is the program's all-time blocked shots leader, with 194 and counting. He broke Ian Vouyoukas' junior blocks record of 55 and has 69 on the season. 73 (Willie Reed's sophomore year) remains the all-time all-class record and should fall in the next few games, and French currently owns the 2nd, 4th, and 6th place marks in the all-class top 10. His 7 blocks against Belmont are tied for the second most in a single game (Kelvin Henderson had 8 against Siena in 1979 and Willie Reed had 7 against Dayton in 2009), and his 5 against Seton Hall and GW are also among the 20 times in SLU history that a player has registered 5 or more blocks in a game. He has 290 rebounds, currently 8th in the junior top 10; his 10.4 RPG would make him 9th all-time among juniors, with a chance to finish 8th if he ends up averaging more than Goodwin this season. His 24 rebounds against Belmont are tied for third-most in a game in school history (Rich Parks had 24 against Arkansas State in 1966, Bob Nordman had 27 against Kansas in 1959, and Jerry Koch had 38 vs. Bradley in 1954) and marked only the 16th time a Billiken had 20 or more in a game. With 820 rebounds, French is now 5th all-time in career rebounds, having just passed Roland Gray. He is 122 behind Dwayne Evans, currently in 4th place with 942, so that will have to wait until next season. He is about to enter the 1,000-point club, currently at 980 career points.

-Javonte Perkins could get FT% in play (at .784, needs .805 for 10th for juniors) if his percentage climbs a bit more. He has 425 points this season and needs 463 to reach the top 10. He has 36 3-pointers and needs 52 to make the junior top 10. All of these lists all looked out of reach until his conference season burst in production. His 33-point performance at St. Joe's was the 75th time in program history someone scored 30 or more in a game; 25 of those were for 34+ points, so he is tied in 26th for points in a game.

-Joshua Hightower won't play enough to hit the record books. But I organize this list by class.

-Demarius Jacobs is in the mix for the sophomore three-point FG percentage top 10. He needs to stay above .363 (Anthony Drejaj) and is currently at .382 (29-76). He was on track to bump Jordair Jett from the sophomore steals top 10 earlier in the season but that is now probably out of reach (has 26, needs 39).

-Fred Thatch has been shut down for the season.

-K.C. Hankton is also not in play for any sophomore records.

-Brandon Courtney isn't going to crack any sophomore lists but is somehow averaging more than Hankton, Hightower, Diarra, and Raboin (one appearance, one made 3-pointer).

-Yuri Collins now owns the freshman assist record at 160 and counting. He is now 4th all-time in a season for assists and the all-class season record is 235 (Jim Roder). Second all-time for any class is 193 (Charles Newberry), which is in play if we go on a run. Jett is third with 164 and Collins should top that in the next game. His 11 assists against EWU marked only the 13th time in SLU history a player has registered 11 or more in a game, and his 12 against VCU were the 14th occurrence and tied him with Roder, Bill Moulder, and Charles Newberry for 4th most in a single game. Collins is tied with Josh Fisher and Jeramy Biles in 4th for freshman steals, with 42. He should pass Jordair Jett (44) for 3rd this season. He could reach Goodwin's second place mark of 52 if we go on a run, but Larry Hughes' record of 69 steals is out of reach.

-Gibson Jimerson looked like a sure thing to break the all-time freshman mark for 3-point field goals (58, Kevin Lisch) and challenge 3-point FG percentage (.430, Marcus Bartley), along with all-class shooting lists. He finished 24-56, short of the volume needed to make the total top 10 but with enough attempts and a good enough percentage (.429) to finish second in freshman 3FG% to Bartley and eighth on the all-class list, tied with Austin McBroom. His scoring average of 10.8 fell just short of 10th (Kwamain Mitchell, 11.0), and his FT shooting percentage of .857 would've been second all time if he registered enough attempts and kept up that pace; he was only 6-7.

-Terrence Hargrove shot his way out of the top 10 in freshman FT% in the past few games. He's currently 24-36 for .667, now well behind the .733 he needs and short of the 50 attempts required. However, his increased minutes and production now have him in play for freshman FG% - he's tied with Brian Conklin in 10th, at .522. He needs 100 attempts to make it official and is at 90.

-Jimmy Bell isn't on pace for any freshman lists. He's .469 from the field on 79 attempts, so it looks like he's off pace there after threatening for a while.

-Madani Diarra has not played enough to be in play for any freshman marks.

Summary: French and Goodwin will be on a bunch of junior season lists, Collins and Jimerson will be on some freshman season lists, and French, Goodwin, and Collins will show up on all-class lists for a single season. We also have a few single-game performances that will be in the record books, French and Goodwin climbing career lists, and the all-time blocks record is ballooning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know this is a big wall of text that comes once every week or two but I really hope people are paying attention to what Goodwin and French in particular are doing this season and over their careers. They'll go down as two all-time SLU greats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Pistol said:

I know this is a big wall of text that comes once every week or two but I really hope people are paying attention to what Goodwin and French in particular are doing this season and over their careers. They'll go down as two all-time SLU greats.

-thanks Pistol, good info, and they already are with their stature just increasing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Pistol said:

I know this is a big wall of text that comes once every week or two but I really hope people are paying attention to what Goodwin and French in particular are doing this season and over their careers. They'll go down as two all-time SLU greats.

I love reading this. Thank you for all the work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, moytoy12 said:

Speaking of records/statistics:

 

OUCH!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...