Fall 2017 allegations against unnamed players (aka Situation 2)

DoctorB

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

45 minutes ago, GoBills73 said:

How does the MSU investigation, and i assume you're talking about Vassar, relate to our situation?

According to the P-D today, Vassar was cleared by MSU's Title IX board back in 2014.  How in the world could that scumbag skate by, but the SLU players get such a severe punishment?  It has to be the Hearing Officer, doesn't it?  

As I understand, Dr. Pestello has been at SLU now for seven years.  Fr. Biondi (like him or not) built up the campus and hired Majerus, so I think he understood what would attract students (i.e., combination of an enhanced campus and a thriving on campus entertainment which would also enhance the school's brand on a larger scale).  What has Dr. Pestello done to build on Fr. Biondi's foundation -- serious question.  On the surface, Dr. Pestello doesn't seem to recognize the marketing provided by the basketball team and how it will enhance applications to the school.  Simultaneously, SLU needs to attract a couple of top level scholars as professors in one or two prime subjects.  They actually have this with the health law program but they don't seem to be doing anything to build on this highly rated program.  A key hire or two in the business school would be a first step-- IF SLU wants to really be considered a good business school.  Instead of attending a Jazz concert, our Nero should be working to right his ship.  An unjust Title IX decision sets him back -- maybe even to pre-Biondi.  I don't see how he justifies his continued position at this point.  The Board's silence is deafening-- what is their purpose?  Time to wake up and get things corrected-- sooner rather than later.

1 hour ago, SLU_Lax said:

Either way, SLU will recover. It just may take a couple years. Don’t forget we were a top ten team 5 years ago. We can eventually get back. 

This needs to be talked about more often. This is a story line of this board. There is a light at this end of the tunnel. 

This is the reason I have faith, and the reason I will ultimately be a Billikens regardless of how this situation plays out.

RIP HUMPS and David King like this

2 minutes ago, GMan Alum said:

According to the P-D today, Vassar was cleared by MSU's Title IX board back in 2014.  How in the world could that scumbag skate by, but the SLU players get such a severe punishment?  It has to be the Hearing Officer, doesn't it?  

There is a Florida case-- maybe University of Florida-- where the HO appointed was a big booster to the athletics program.  As one would suspect, his decision was in favor of an accused football athlete.  The accuser apparently appealed citing bias of the HO.  The appeals stated something like a HO is entitled to a presumption of integrity and fair dealing.  This language certainly doesn't help a claim of bias in SLU's case, but since facts of a case are often distinguishable, the language doesn't necessarily indicate that a reasonable person could not find bias in SLU's case.  The appointment of the HO is certainly a key component in these cases, which brings SLU's appointment even more into question.  Is there such a lack of competence at the highest levels in the school or some other agenda?  If the agenda is to mire SLU into a lower tier institution, Dr. Pestello is to be commended. 

4 minutes ago, TGSLU said:

As I understand, Dr. Pestello has been at SLU now for seven years.  Fr. Biondi (like him or not) built up the campus and hired Majerus, so I think he understood what would attract students (i.e., combination of an enhanced campus and a thriving on campus entertainment which would also enhance the school's brand on a larger scale).  What has Dr. Pestello done to build on Fr. Biondi's foundation -- serious question.  On the surface, Dr. Pestello doesn't seem to recognize the marketing provided by the basketball team and how it will enhance applications to the school.  Simultaneously, SLU needs to attract a couple of top level scholars as professors in one or two prime subjects.  They actually have this with the health law program but they don't seem to be doing anything to build on this highly rated program.  A key hire or two in the business school would be a first step-- IF SLU wants to really be considered a good business school.  Instead of attending a Jazz concert, our Nero should be working to right his ship.  An unjust Title IX decision sets him back -- maybe even to pre-Biondi.  I don't see how he justifies his continued position at this point.  The Board's silence is deafening-- what is their purpose?  Time to wake up and get things corrected-- sooner rather than later.

100% agreement with the above.  I hope that the Society of Jesus Rapid Response Team For Failed Leadership is hard at work.

#FireFred

4 minutes ago, NextYearBill said:

Pestello.... if you are reading this..... not that you would slum it anyway..... but id advise not coming near sec 219 today 

If the coward shows up, he'll make a brief cameo for a cute photo-up in the student section. Once somebody mentions S2 he will promptly leave and then sneak into courtside seats hoping that he will find friends. Unfortunately for Fred, he has no friends because people like people with a backbone. Fred has the backbone of an overstuffed burrito supreme from Taco Bell. As soon as he feels triggered, he will log onto the internet to access the survey in order to press the "I feel triggered button." Alas, the survey was taken down. Fred will be scared, triggered, and lost. He will then retreat to his safe space in a box where he will cry on Fran's shoulder. #FireFred

NextYearBill likes this

3 minutes ago, SouthSide_Billiken said:

If the coward shows up, he'll make a brief cameo for a cute photo-up in the student section. Once somebody mentions S2 he will promptly leave and then sneak into courtside seats hoping that he will find friends. Unfortunately for Fred, he has no friends because people like people with a backbone. Fred has the backbone of an overstuffed burrito supreme from Taco Bell. As soon as he feels triggered, he will log onto the internet to access the survey in order to press the "I feel triggered button." Alas, the survey was taken down. Fred will be scared, triggered, and lost. He will then retreat to his safe space in a box where he will cry on Fran's shoulder. #FireFred

i sit right above the student section, young alumni represent,....... he will catch a severe ear-full if he walks past

Just now, brianstl said:

We need a Fire Fred chant today.

ive been boycotting games.... but 3pm Saturday nice weather.... cant resist.... I am down to burn the shite down today.... lets chant 

42 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

It will be four years in July.

Still enough time to have a positive impact or show something positive and I still haven't seen or heard of anything positive.  The survey with the sensitivity trigger was icing on the cake.  If students at the school are so sensitive, how can they handle the real world workforce?  Dr. Pestello is the CEO of the school so the buck stops with him with all of these stupid decisions or actions.

SLU_Lax likes this

2 minutes ago, TGSLU said:

Still enough time to have a positive impact or show something positive and I still haven't seen or heard of anything positive.  The survey with the sensitivity trigger was icing on the cake.  If students at the school are so sensitive, how can they handle the real world workforce?  Dr. Pestello is the CEO of the school so the buck stops with him with all of these stupid decisions or actions.

I do want to defend the generation. The trigger warning people are a loud minority and not representative of most kids. College kids just have a lot of free time and some push weird causes like this. It’s not most kids in my experience. 

1 hour ago, TheOne said:

This needs to be talked about more often. This is a story line of this board. There is a light at this end of the tunnel. 

This is the reason I have faith, and the reason I will ultimately be a Billikens regardless of how this situation plays out.

You mean under Crews? If you wanted him back you should’ve petitioned for his job. 

5 minutes ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

You mean under Crews? If you wanted him back you should’ve petitioned for his job. 

Everyone on this board knows that anything the program positively achieved under Crews’ term is credited to Lord Majerus.

13 minutes ago, TheOne said:

Everyone on this board knows that anything the program positively achieved under Crews’ term is credited to Lord Majerus.

That’s true and it is sad. I could’ve sworn 2 of the 3 tourney bids were coached by Crews.  No rational person could harp on his last 2 years without celebrating the first 2 years and call themselves objective.

1 hour ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

That’s true and it is sad. I could’ve sworn 2 of the 3 tourney bids were coached by Crews.  No rational person could harp on his last 2 years without celebrating the first 2 years and call themselves objective.

By Crews own admission his first year the team coached itself.