Fall 2017 allegations against unnamed players (aka Situation 2)

DoctorB

I think it is still good chance nobody leaves except the 4. If that happens and none of the four remain on team. next year we have C'G, French Foreman, Santos, Welmer? as bigs. Thatch, Pierson, JJ, Bess. Are great recruiting coach could get some others maybe.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, brianstl said:

An amazing amount of wishful thinking in this post.  

We have averaged an 11-21 record over the last 3 seasons.  We have just had 3 sure fire starters for next season forced out of the program.  The best recruit we have signed in 20 plus years has told the teams beat writer he needs to re-examine his commitment.

you think people are overreacting?

"I'm never rooting for a team I love again" = overreacting.  Yeah, it sucks pretty bad.  I'll still follow them and root for them though.   

2 minutes ago, WashMoBill said:

"I'm never rooting for a team I love again" = overreacting.  Yeah, it sucks pretty bad.  I'll still follow them and root for them though.   

I think some people realized they were in an abusive one way relationship.

4 minutes ago, brianstl said:

According to Rosenblum, the one girl that saw the case through the end admitted consent wasn’t an issue.  I would think that removes questions about alcohol impacting the ability to give consent.

She may be saying they consented, but SLU's code may still say they couldn't have consented

Now I'm confused.  What are the players being suspended for?  Sexual assault or violation of SLU rules or sexual misconduct or something else related to Title IX? 

Will we ever learn of the scope of the allegations and the results of the investigation?  Probably not.    

I feel horrible for FORD and the 8 scholarship players.  They deserve support.

IF Rosenblum is right and telling the truth, then there is much to say about (1) men and women who agree to engage in group sex, (2) men and women who agree to engage in group sex with people they don't really even know, (3) men and women who agree to engage in group sex on campus, (4) men and women who get surprised when things go wrong when they engage in group sex, and (5) men who engage in group sex on a liberal campus with women.  

IF Rosenblum is right and telling the truth, then he knows SLU will lose a lawsuit.  There is little jury appeal in SLU only punishing one gender involved in a consensual group sex encounter and not punishing the other "victim" gender.

This is why I believe there has to be something more to this, but if not, then things are going to get crazy.  

4 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

She may be saying they consented, but SLU's code may still say they couldn't have consented

Good lord. No wonder Rosenblum’s mind is blown over this. In the real world he’s used to, if the accuser didn’t dispute consent, the court likely wouldn’t have analyzed the issue.

3 minutes ago, Westy03 said:

Not photoshopped 

1 minute ago, SouthSide_Billiken said:

Fred is that big of an idiot. #FireFred #RestoreThe4

This fool is going to destroy everything at SLU.  Seriously, no board member should let someone who put that on his twitter feed last another day at the university. That retweet is obvious incompetence from anyone in a position of authority at SLU.

4 minutes ago, HoosierBilliken said:

Now I'm confused.  What are the players being suspended for?  Sexual assault or violation of SLU rules or sexual misconduct or something else related to Title IX? 

Will we ever learn of the scope of the allegations and the results of the investigation?  Probably not.    

I feel horrible for FORD and the 8 scholarship players.  They deserve support.

IF Rosenblum is right and telling the truth, then there is much to say about (1) men and women who agree to engage in group sex, (2) men and women who agree to engage in group sex with people they don't really even know, (3) men and women who agree to engage in group sex on campus, (4) men and women who get surprised when things go wrong when they engage in group sex, and (5) men who engage in group sex on a liberal campus with women.  

IF Rosenblum is right and telling the truth, then he knows SLU will lose a lawsuit.  There is little jury appeal in SLU only punishing one gender involved in a consensual group sex encounter and not punishing the other "victim" gender.

This is why I believe there has to be something more to this, but if not, then things are going to get crazy.  

All throughout this process I’ve been saying that SLU has not been handling it well. I wasn’t sure exactly what they were screwing up, but there were plenty of inconsistencies that meant that no matter the result, there was going to be something at the end that would make SLU’s actions look bad. With that in mind, plus SLU’s general propensity to screw things up, I wouldn’t hold my breath waiting for something to come out that shows SLU’s process to resemble anything close to a “gold standard.”

5 minutes ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

All throughout this process I’ve been saying that SLU has not been handling it well. I wasn’t sure exactly what they were screwing up, but there were plenty of inconsistencies that meant that no matter the result, there was going to be something at the end that would make SLU’s actions look bad. With that in mind, plus SLU’s general propensity to screw things up, I wouldn’t hold my breath waiting for something to come out that shows SLU’s process to resemble anything close to a “gold standard.”

We are putting way too much blame on Pestello.  Blame Title IX more and the people that created this mess in the first place.

If anyone glows about them being the gold standard, beware.  There is no way Rosenblum is telling the truth...or is he?

2 minutes ago, HoosierBilliken said:

We are putting way too much blame on Pestello.  Blame Title IX more and the people that created this mess in the first place.

If anyone glows about them being the gold standard, beware.  There is no way Rosenblum is telling the truth...or is he?

Pestello kept Kratky in her job after the Title IX’s office screw up in 2015 and her inappropriate comments after it was clear her office screwed a young man.  Fred’s name is on a completely inappropriate retweet for the current situation.

Fred deserves the blame here.  It is time to stop treating Fred as a cute new kid and start holding him accountable for how he has handled tough situations he has faced. 

3 hours ago, brianstl said:

Every single guy today should film anytime he hooks up with a girl.  It is sad and twisted, but that is the point we are now at as a society today.  The sex talk I am going to have with my son is going to be a lot different than the one my dad had with me.

This is how screwed up society is today...there is a consent app. 

We have hit rock bottom as a society when people need an app to prove consent.  

Now, I don't think people should be banging out anybody whose panties they can make hit the floor, but I also realize that regret and assault are completely different.

It's time for men and women to begin taking responsibility for their actions again. it's f###### up that consent can't be given because of booze. It's f##### up that stupid decisions by 7 people are considered criminal acts but only if you have a penis. it's f##### up that someone getting their feelings hurt can lead to life altering punishments.

I'm fed up, not only with Saint Louis U athletics but with college athletics in general.

Ill go to senior day because I think Roby has earned my support and I want to thank him. Other than that I'm done. Not just with The Bills but with college sports. I'm tired of the soical justice warriors and the overly sensitive college kid. I'm tired of the corrupt schools and the sham of the "student athlete." I'm tired of the rules being different for the small school and the blue bloods.

I have loved college spots for over 30 years but I have slowly been losing interest. I think this is enough to for me to give it up together.

Screenshot_20180119-231959.thumb.png.249ee199121e7904db320259aaad131b.png

brianstl and slufanskip like this

30 minutes ago, Bills_06 said:

Nice.

Good to see a Post writer asking questions thet need to be asked

Hopefully he keeps asking until they are answered.

27 minutes ago, HoosierBilliken said:

First, while I’m not a fan of Pestello, I don’t think I specifically named him in my post. 

Next, as to the truthfulness of Rosenblum’s comments, there are two sides to every case. In most situations, if you only listen to 1 side and subsequently take it as 100% truth because it’s all you heard, you probably are missing something. Heck, if all you heard was from the hearing officer or someone in the Title IX office outlining the offenses committed, there’s a chance you’d think these guys should be in jail. Overall, Rosenblum likely emphasized the facts that benefit the players, and omitted those that didn’t.

39 minutes ago, HoosierBilliken said:

I’m so sick of this take. Fred Pestello is the CEO of SLU. He is 100% responsible. 

When Wells Fargo had a rogue unit doing bad things, the CEO got resigned. It’s a pretty normal thing in corporate scandal, regardless of if the man in charge actively participated. 

The board of trustees should also be held accountable. Starting at the top, Joe Conran should fall on his proverbial sword.  Go back to telling people how great and wonderful things are - a leader he is not. Jim Smith, leader of the failed presidential search committee probably needs to be resigned as well. These are just two of too many people that allowed the Pestello aw schucks crap form at SLU and continue on at SLU. It should have been done after the clock tower prostests but now several years later....

6 minutes ago, TFord and TRavs said:

There is no confirmation that it is Goodwin yet

It’s him.  He’ll be fine.  **** Pestello and SLU.  I hope they lose millions in the lawsuit.  Hopefully the rich dad can cover the major loss of money coming SLU’s way.