Fall 2017 allegations against unnamed players (aka Situation 2)

DoctorB

The three are enrolled as far as we know for second semester, correct? 

In the unlikely event they are cleared to play tonight, the team still has nearly two months to get its act together and try to make a legit run at the conference tournament. 

But if they do not play tonight, what are their options if they sit out the rest of the year? IF they transfer after this season would they have to sit out another year if they go to a D1? If they stay, would they come back at their current class? Bishop - Soph; Henriquez - Jr.?

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Just saw that as well and it made me angry even though I told myself I wouldn't get upset. It's kind of like how I get sticker shock every single time I pick up a pint of Straub's chicken salad even though I already know it is insanely overpriced. 

nothing truer said in the Lou. That is highway robbery shame on you Straubs

Yea I think the players have done great in what is no doubt a frustrating time for them, especially since they know what happened.  The fact SLU has had the completed report for weeks and is just dragging their feet is extremely frustrating for me so couldn't imagine how frustrating it is for the players.  

Just now, RIP HUMPS said:

From a PR standpoint, the University will have to ask the players to take down the comments, or make a statement. Depending on which happens, I think could determine outcome and give a timeline.

They can’t ask them to take them down. They can’t impose any kind of gag order on any of the parties involved in the case.

Just now, brianstl said:

They can’t ask them to take them down. They can’t impose any kind of gag order on any of the parties involved in the case.

The team can ask them too* My apologizes. Social media restrictions have been done in the past and at other universities

21 minutes ago, almaman said:

So S2 sucks worse than any of us could of imagined in September. Today seemed the last likely day for it to end somewhat favorably. Sickening on so many levels.

I'm hopeful until the week ends. If it's not done by Friday I'll finally give up.

I think it was Gardner who tweeted about the week of the 15th that a decision may come down. So I'll hang on to hope for two more day.

1 minute ago, dlarry said:

I'm hopeful until the week ends. If it's not done by Friday I'll finally give up.

I think it was Gardner who tweeted about the week of the 15th that a decision may come down. So I'll hang on to hope for two more day.

I just can't see a decision being two days away if the players decided to all of a sudden start tweeting today. 

Just now, slufan13 said:

Wonder if Stu or anyone from the PD will acknowledge these tweets. Their complete silence other than being outraged when SLU didn't let them in practice makes me think SLU has some kind of deal with them to stay quiet.

Ben Frederickson had a good tweet.

dlarry likes this