GDT - SLU v. LaSalle

SluSignGuy

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Billiken Rich said:

Hard to blame Travis when his team hasn't been at full strength ever.....

There ain't any All Conference players sitting out.  This team isn't competitive against a sub 500 team that is missing it's best player.  Not buying your excuse.  

You walk into some of these shite hole A10 gyms and you need to be ready to play.  There is no atmosphere, no thrill.  Gola.  Hagan.  Smith.  Palumbo. Rose Hill.  Reilly.  They are all shite holes and that is well known. Gola is likely the worst. You have to manufacture the desire.  And that would appear to be on  the coaches/staff.  This team is in a cold gym.  With cold weather.  No attendance.  No jump.  And are playing right to that level.

Roby needs to quit crying and play.  Anthony and Hines just need to quit.  This is embarrassing.  Short of Goodwin, there is nothing out there.

2 minutes ago, David King said:

It may be time to reconsider the Travis Ford experiment.

Reconsider what?

Lets see 4 players that can contribute are out.

A often injured player like Foreman trying to come back.

This team on most games plays 6 players that has one player that was a former walk on.

So I guess you want to reconsider recruits like Gordon, Goodwin, French, Pearson, and Thatch.

1 minute ago, Billiken Rich said:

We don't know the quality of what we have sitting out. 

as some noted, AD was supposed to be one of if not our best player, welmer is a double digit scorer. 

I know this team isn't overflowing with talent but there is to much there to he losing to LaSalle by 25 at half. The S2 guys can't fix this mess. 

It's a lack of preparedness.  They come out flat every game and that's on the coaching. 

I guarntee they are going to come out like gang busters in the second half but the hole is to big to dig out of.

I don't know how to fix the slow starts but something need to be done.

5 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

There ain't any All Conference players sitting out.  This team isn't competitive against a sub 500 team that is missing it's best player.  Not buying your excuse.  

Respectfully how do we know because they are not playing who knows what Bishop and AD would be scoring at this point of the season.

Not playing defense is on the players and coach and not calling a TO in the first half is disturbing.

majerus mojo likes this

2 minutes ago, dlarry said:

I know this team isn't overflowing with talent but there is to much there to he losing to LaSalle by 25 at half. The S2 guys can't fix this mess. 

It's a lack of preparedness.  They come out flat every game and that's on the coaching. 

I guarntee they are going to come out like gang busters in the second half but the hole is to big to dig out of.

I don't know how to fix the slow starts but something need to be done.

+1, who preps the team for the game?