SLU vs siu: I guess we’ll do a game thread

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, JMM28 said:

This team isn’t a Bishop and Henriquez away from competing for the top of a weak A10. 

Quote of the season!  They.would get Hines out of the lineup, but the team hasn’t played well and come up just short due to numbers. It’s been bad. I’ve seen teams win many many games with 7 or 8 scholarship guys available.

Bar

1 minute ago, HoosierPal said:

Goodwin has a lot of great assets. His jump shot is killing us. Put the ball on the floor and drive Jordan. 

Agree last time I looked Jordan FG percentage was .223 and that is hurting the offense.  I am glad Hines is on the team and without Aaron we do not win the games we won.

It wasn't so much a missed rebound asz a long rebound back out to the top of the key.  Much better effort but now down another player with Roby.  I don't know how you clutch your chest/heart area and it gets called an "illness."  But we shall see.

1 minute ago, Taj79 said:

Better intensity.  Full streength and this is a totally different team.  Still nothing on Roby.

Says he has an "Illness." Weird situation as he was holding his chest as if he'd been hit in the solar plexus, ie had the wind knocked out of him, but problems from that should clear in a minute or two.

1 minute ago, larryhughes said:

Teams have figured out that if Jordan gets the ball on the perimeter, give him space and dare him to shoot it.  He's only dangerous near the rim, so just clog the lane, stop his dribble-drives, and make him take jumpers all day.  Hard to argue with that logic

After the VT game that has been the defensive strategy Legend.

2 minutes ago, billikenbill said:

Says he has an "Illness." Weird situation as he was holding his chest as if he'd been hit in the solar plexus, ie had the wind knocked out of him, but problems from that should clear in a minute or two.

Just speculating but it could be an asthma type thing. If I get sick and exert to much energy my asthma will knock me on my ass.

It also really flares up for me this time of year.

3 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

It wasn't so much a missed rebound asz a long rebound back out to the top of the key.  Much better effort but now down another player with Roby.  I don't know how you clutch your chest/heart area and it gets called an "illness."  But we shall see.

Clutching his chest area is scary at least they haven't said rushed to the hospital and is questionable on returning but it looked scary.