Jump to content
Billikens.com Message Board
Sign in to follow this  
Quality Is Job 1

Recruiting - 2020 Class (Optimal Vision Class)

Recommended Posts

Fletcher really raised his stock this summer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Glorydays2013 said:

2 St. Louis players made the ESPN top 60 for 2020

 

st louis straight ballin 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, RiseAndGrind said:

 

 

His dad played at Murray State.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Pistol said:

 

Another Mac Irvin Guy. Will Bailey got the hook up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Another Mac Irvin Guy. Will Bailey got the hook up. 

Yeah, we're going hard in Chicago now. Getting in early on some guys:

Martice Mitchell - C, 6-9, 190 - Sauk Village, IL (Bloom) - Twitter: @tice23_

Offers: SLU.

Interest: SIUC, Milwaukee, Western Illinois.

Latest News: Mitchell received an offer from SLU. He recently visited SIUC. (6/25/18)

Scouting Report: Mitchell is a long, athletic big man who plays hard. He rebounds hard and is a high-level rim protector. He runs the floor well and is good overall in transition. He has soft touch around the rim and has learned to play with more confidence. He also has a solid jump shot out to the perimeter. He moves well on both ends and can put the ball on the floor when he needs to. He needs to add to his frame and polish his game but he offers high upside at both ends. Bloom was on Bloom's varsity roster as a freshman, and became one of four sophomore starters this past season after five seniors graduated. He really started to improve later in the season, around February, as his coach said he "started to realize what he can do." He started playing with the Mac Irvin Fire AAU program this season.

-I like this offer. We're his first. He's raw and very lean, but he moves really well for someone of his age and size, and he's got a surprisingly broad skill set to build upon. His shot blocking ability is no surprise, and he's got a good nose for the ball and works hard for rebounds, although he isn't going to win by outmuscling anyone there. He can legitimately shoot threes (albeit with a really low release point), he can put it on the floor and blow by guys, and he runs the floor well. He needs to add a ton of strength to his frame, work on his shot mechanics, and develop more of a left hand. There's some intrigue here, though. Can't ignore size and length like this in a rising junior (doctors think he'll end up a couple inches taller, too).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

“Followed by Jim Platt”

Where is old Plattsie at now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

“Followed by Jim Platt”

Ha, true.

Which brings up a tricky point for me, how to determine interested schools for a player. I usually wait until I can confirm with a tweet or other info from an official source. But is a coach following a player on Twitter enough? Because most guys would show WAY more interest, if so. Mitchell, for example, has coaches from these schools following him: Tulsa (Platt), Western Illinois, Murray State, Milwaukee, SIUC, Loyola, Louisiana-Monroe, Bradley, Tulane, Eastern Illinois, Oakland, Illinois State, Colorado State, Northwestern, and a handful of lower-division schools. Is an assistant keeping an eye on a guy on Twitter enough to call the program "interested" in any official way?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Yeah, we're going hard in Chicago now. Getting in early on some guys:

Martice Mitchell - C, 6-9, 190 - Sauk Village, IL (Bloom) - Twitter: @tice23_

Offers: SLU.

Interest: SIUC, Milwaukee, Western Illinois.

Latest News: Mitchell received an offer from SLU. He recently visited SIUC. (6/25/18)

Scouting Report: Mitchell is a long, athletic big man who plays hard. He rebounds hard and is a high-level rim protector. He runs the floor well and is good overall in transition. He has soft touch around the rim and has learned to play with more confidence. He also has a solid jump shot out to the perimeter. He moves well on both ends and can put the ball on the floor when he needs to. He needs to add to his frame and polish his game but he offers high upside at both ends. Bloom was on Bloom's varsity roster as a freshman, and became one of four sophomore starters this past season after five seniors graduated. He really started to improve later in the season, around February, as his coach said he "started to realize what he can do." He started playing with the Mac Irvin Fire AAU program this season.

-I like this offer. We're his first. He's raw and very lean, but he moves really well for someone of his age and size, and he's got a surprisingly broad skill set to build upon. His shot blocking ability is no surprise, and he's got a good nose for the ball and works hard for rebounds, although he isn't going to win by outmuscling anyone there. He can legitimately shoot threes (albeit with a really low release point), he can put it on the floor and blow by guys, and he runs the floor well. He needs to add a ton of strength to his frame, work on his shot mechanics, and develop more of a left hand. There's some intrigue here, though. Can't ignore size and length like this in a rising junior (doctors think he'll end up a couple inches taller, too).

-me too, reading the Scouting Report he sounds like a nice player now, has two more high school seasons to further develop, makes me think this kid will get many more offers before he makes a decision

-Martice, Be a Billiken! you'll like it, a lot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

-me too, reading the Scouting Report he sounds like a nice player now, has two more high school seasons to further develop, makes me think this kid will get many more offers before he makes a decision

-Martice, Be a Billiken! you'll like it, a lot

He has a lot of work to do, make no mistake. The only video I could find is a year old and he's raw.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

Where is old Plattsie at now?

Frank Haith's assistant at Tulsa.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Frank Haith's assistant at Tulsa.

There's a real meeting of the minds out there then

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

Frank Haith's assistant at Tulsa.

You gave Platt a raise. He's Dir of Player Management/Team Manager.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Pistol said:

He has a lot of work to do, make no mistake. The only video I could find is a year old and he's raw.

 

He's got the same hops as me, almost hits 4"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kasubke got offers from X and Creighton last week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Kasubke got offers from X and Creighton last week.

Everyone seems to be making the J.P. Macura comparison here. I texted my father-in-law when the Xavier offer was announced:

Me: This guy will be a junior at my (high school) alma mater, Chaminade.

FIL: Is he like Macura in size and style?

Me: Pretty much, yeah. Not quite as athletic at this point but also might end up taller. He's also not a punk!

FIL: We look forward to getting one of your boys.

Me: He could still pick SLU. Don't sleep on us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...