St. B over the Bills by 7

Finally, the finale. So is this a totally meaningless game. Not quite. This game is about momentum. ...momentum for the tourney. While it is a long shot that the Bills ( D+ )could win it ...during the season they have shown the ability to play with anyone in the A-10. A good effort in the St. B (beating the spread) game would show they have some fight left in them to try and make a run in NY. A poor showing means that they will just go through the motions at the tourney and fade away.

St. B ( B ) is currently on track for an NIT game. Their target is a Dance card. A loss to the Bills would derail that train. This will be a tough game for the Bills. The Bonnies are a good shooting team....2nd in the nation in FT shooting and a top 50 3pt team. There is not a " go to guy" to stop on this team. The Bills will have to play good D especially on the perimeter. On the other side of the coin, St. B is also a top 50 3pt defender. And while the Bills looked good from 3 against LaS...3 has been a weak spot all season. Another sub Prairie View A&M showing (25.8% from 3) and we lose.

Here is what we need to do to win........

St. B

Posley pts.................14

Wright pts.................12

...........Reb.................6

Adams pts.................13

............3pt%...............40

Players w/10pts..........3

Bills

Slash..................43/33/72....No holes in this line...do all 3

Pts / half....................34

Players w/10pts.........3

TO..............................12

DZ...............................0

Bottomline......Do we go out with a whimper or a bang?

Just never can tell with this team, I figure they will play hard but not smart and if Reggie can stay out of foul trouble and 12 or less turnovers they will compete on Ash's last home game.

As Wiz says tick tick tick.

Yeah, momentum for the #FIRE JIM CREWS movement, and good riddance to the worst Billikens' coach in the modern era!

Yes!!!!

Time to get psyched. New coach on the way. Let your FIRE JIM CREWS!! be heard all the way into Indiana.

Oh and Ash deserves our thanks and condolences.

This is the big time, boys. Crews must go soon.

A win is required to stay out of a PIG game. That plus a Umass loss in one of their final two (they play at Rhodey tonight with Rhodey - 10 but they host La Salle on Saturday) and a loss by Duquesne at the Joeys on Saturday as well.

I think the others will take care of business; Umass should lose tonight and the Dukes on Saturday. The real problem is us and the fact that a Bonnie win gives them a share of the A10 title. No matter what happens Saturday, the top four seeds are all locked for Brooklyn. VCU, Dayton, the Bonnies and the Joeys are top four; seeding is all that remains to be seen. Geedubya cannot catch anyone and they cannot be caught. Geedubya is the 5 seed, Everythign else is too close to call.

A change in plans for Senior Night? Does that mean someone with a brain exits in the AD? Ho-boy, hoo-boy, hoo-boy. Th establishment of the existence of a brain would appear to signify that there is a chance for decisive action, yes?

Tick, tick, tick ......

Thought I would post this. The Bonnies realize the importance of this game and the small contingent of fans will do their best to cheer them on.

http://bonabandwagon.proboards.com/thread/14082/st-louis-matchup

Go Bonnies

FWIW, I think the Bonnies, with an RPI of 27, are in the NCAA Tournament, even if SLU pulls off the upset Saturday night.

The A10, the 7th ranked conference per the RPI, has 4 NCAA teams (with RPI's listed): 21 Dayton, 26 St. Joe's, 27 St. Bona, and 45 VCU.

GW, the likely 5th Seed is on the wrong side of the NCAA bubble at RPI 60, and probably must win the A10 Tournament to give the A10 a 5th NCAA Tournament team.

Now I've read that SLU has loaned its outstanding SLU Pep Band to you Bonnies in the past. So how about throwing a little Bonnie bone SLU's way, to help SLU avoid the Wednesday night PIG? This sounds like a very fair deal.

Thought I would post this. The Bonnies realize the importance of this game and the small contingent of fans will do their best to cheer them on.

http://bonabandwagon.proboards.com/thread/14082/st-louis-matchup

Go Bonnies

Don't want to burst the Bonnie bubble but this game can only hurt the Bonnies. If they lose ...no Dance...If they win....still no Dance UNLESS (I learned about the CAP key from the above Bonnie link...evidentally an important part of Bonnie basketball) they make a deep run in to the A-10 Tourney...ie get to the Championship game.

My metrics at this time,show Day, St. J & VCU dancing with GW on the bubble.

RI, Rich, & St. B headed to NIT with Davidson on the bubble. If any of these teams (with the exception of Davidson) makes it to the final game that should put them on the Dance bubble.

The next 2 games will be important for 8 teams.

Don't want to burst the Bonnie bubble but this game can only hurt the Bonnies. If they lose ...no Dance...If they win....still no Dance UNLESS (I learned about the CAP key from the above Bonnie link...evidentally an important part of Bonnie basketball) they make a deep run in to the A-10 Tourney...ie get to the Championship game.

My metrics at this time,show Day, St. J & VCU dancing with GW on the bubble.

RI, Rich, & St. B headed to NIT with Davidson on the bubble. If any of these teams (with the exception of Davidson) makes it to the final game that should put them on the Dance bubble.

The next 2 games will be important for 8 teams.

I 5tink you're off on this one, Wiz. Big fan if your metrics for their predictive quality, but they aren't what the committee uses to pick the field.

Right now, St. B will likely finish with an RPI in the high 20s to low 30s to go with a 14-4 conference record. With a win against SLU, they will have won 10 of their last 11 games. They've swept St Joe's, a team almost certainly in the tourney. It would be very tough for a committee to justify excluding them as long as they don't lose today and the A-10 tournament opener.

I'd say the A-10 should comfortably have 4 teams in, with GW needing an appearance in the conference tourney final to push their way into the Big Dance.

Finally, the finale. So is this a totally meaningless game. Not quite. This game is about momentum. ...momentum for the tourney. While it is a long shot that the Bills ( D+ )could win it ...during the season they have shown the ability to play with anyone in the A-10. A good effort in the St. B (beating the spread) game would show they have some fight left in them to try and make a run in NY. A poor showing means that they will just go through the motions at the tourney and fade away.

St. B ( B ) is currently on track for an NIT game. Their target is a Dance card. A loss to the Bills would derail that train. This will be a tough game for the Bills. The Bonnies are a good shooting team....2nd in the nation in FT shooting and a top 50 3pt team. There is not a " go to guy" to stop on this team. The Bills will have to play good D especially on the perimeter. On the other side of the coin, St. B is also a top 50 3pt defender. And while the Bills looked good from 3 against LaS...3 has been a weak spot all season. Another sub Prairie View A&M showing (25.8% from 3) and we lose.

Here is what we need to do to win........

St. B

Posley pts.................14

Wright pts.................12

...........Reb.................6

Adams pts.................13

............3pt%...............40

Players w/10pts..........3

Bills

Slash..................43/33/72....No holes in this line...do all 3

Pts / half....................34

Players w/10pts.........3

TO..............................12

DZ...............................0

Bottomline......Do we go out with a whimper or a bang?

To show how bad things are going ...The Bills foul with seconds left in the game to ruin the spread. Oh wait ..., after Jolly gets flatten by a St. B player the refs let the Bonnies keep the basket after the offensive foul...nevermind.

Well, we let another game slip away. Even though the Bonnies had one of their best games of the year, The Bills could have won this game.....by having very ordinary numbers. Let's look at the slashlines...For the Bonnies....45/ 50 /79...very impressive(exceeding their top 50 3pt shooting and 2nd in the nation FT averages)...tough numbers to beat for any team...much less the Bills. The Bills come in at 43/ 23.5 / 50...In order for the Bills to make their plain vanilla slash they would need ....2 more 3's (6pts) and 4 more FTs(4pts)...totaling 10pts.. good enough for a win against a great Bonnie effort. In the 2 times we have played them, the Bonnies don't look so hot...Struggling against us when we are having bad games (Our other slash against them ...40/ 21/73 and losing by 3)... This doesn't bode well for them in post season. With them being a B and us being a D+...either we are under rated or they are over rated.

Let's look at all the numbers....btw, I forgot to add the St. B slash projected...I will put it in now ...not that it matters

St. B........................projected...................actual

Slash......................40/33........................45/ 50 ......fail/ triple fail

Posley pts................14...............................18.........fail

Wright pts.................12...............................16.........fail

...........reb..................6..................................8.........fail

Adams pts.................13...............................23........triple fail

............3pt%..............40...............................50........double fail

Players w/10pts..........3.................................3..........pass

The Bills

slash.......................43/33/72....................43//23.5/ 50...pass/ double fail/ double fail...Another Prairie View A&M night..... shooting worse than the worst

Pts/half.......................34...............................33/34..........fail/ pass

Players w/10pts...........3..................................4..............pass

TO...............................12................................8...............double pass

DZ................................0..................................0..............pass...though close to one in 2nd half

So basically another breakdown in 3pt shooting & FTs

Bottomline.....Tick...Tick....1 and ......

On the telecast Highmark said he much preferred the Senior Night festivities to be after the game rather than before. But what does he know? He should refer to this board before he makes further comments.

I wouldn't have been there if it was after the game. That on-court performance was vile from your homie Crews.

As it stood I got to stand, cheer and clap for Achraf before the game and during his walk off the court.

I wouldn't have been there if it was after the game. That on-court performance was vile from your homie Crews.

As it stood I got to stand, cheer and clap for Achraf before the game and during his walk off the court.

I agree. Your preference trumps the player's preference. It should be Fan Appreciation Night rather than Senior Night.

HoosierPal, on 06 Mar 2016 - 08:31 AM, said:

On the telecast Highmark said he much preferred the Senior Night festivities to be after the game rather than before. But what does he know? He should refer to this board before he makes further comments.

HoosierPal, on 06 Mar 2016 - 10:15 AM, said:

I agree. Your preference trumps the player's preference. It should be Fan Appreciation Night rather than Senior Night.

I'm almost positive Scott's Senior Night was before the game. SLU didn't make it afterward until Rickma got here. So has Scott been silently seething about this for lo these many years?

As far as your "Fan Appreciation Night" comment, they're lucky they have fans with the product they've been putting out there the last two years.

For chrissakes man, you're butthurt cuz some of us prefer to have Senior Night before the game. The rest of us FANS are trying to figure out how they let this program regress so badly in two short seasons.