Coaching Candidates

JMM28

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a pretty good aggregator of the hirings and firings this season. I didn't see an updated one on CBS or ESPN and wound up finding this one.

I have no idea, however, how they come up with their "Potential candidates" list. For SLU, it's: "Joe Dooley (FGCU coach), Greg Paulus (Ohio St. assistant), Dwayne Stephens (Michigan St. assistant), TJ Otzelberger (Iowa St. assistant), LaVall Jordan (Michigan assistant)."

I wouldn't put a ton of stock in that, but it's still a frequently updated tracker of this season's coaching changes, and more current than SB Nation and some others.

I did not realize Bryce Drew is 122-48.

I like it.

Bennett is 304-145.

Still like Drew over him though. Hopefully the good doctor got involved and made it rain in Valparaiso, Indiana.

Durando couldn't be any less plugged in with the program, it seems. Will be interested in what he has to say with Frank. Stallings rehashing and sh*t slinging, I imagine

That is what I've realized. Theres been no actually reporting from him at all. Has anyone actually ever seen Stu in person? Are we sure he's not one of those twitter robots that just retweets stuff?

If Drew is the guy they are targeting, the Pitt opening scares me. Not only would Drew makes sense there, he would make sense at X or UD if Mack or Miller take the job. Dixon leaving Pitt really changes the dynamics with Bryce Drew.

It could, but it might be just as much of an issue if Bennett is the guy. The Pitt AD is apparently from the west coast, and some people think he'll look in that direction.

If the future coach is someone that still has a team playing in a tournament, what do you expect SLU to do? I'm sure at this point SLU has a handshake gentleman's agreement Be patient. I'd rather have a coach that has his team in ANY tourney right now and sacrifice a couple weeks of recruiting, versus hiring a coach that may be less desirable so we can avoid losing out to the likes of Dayton or Xavier. SLU has their eyes on a target and I feel it is already wrapped up.

+1.....

The only thing I would change is your last sentence from "target" to "targets"...Since the Bills have been working on this for months they are not going to put all their eggs in 1 coaching basket and let it sit for a long time. ...So things are never wrapped up until they are announced. Things will be clearer tomorrow.

+1.....

The only thing I would change is your last sentence from "target" to "targets"...Since the Bills have been working on this for months they are not going to put all their eggs in 1 coaching basket and let it sit for a long time. ...So things are never wrapped up until they are announced. Things will be clearer tomorrow.

Appreciate the insight, The Wiz. Nobody beats him.

It could, but it might be just as much of an issue if Bennett is the guy. The Pitt AD is apparently from the west coast, and some people think he'll look in that direction.

Stanford, also, impacts Bennett. I wouldn't rule out Romar at Pitt, either. Romar and the AD are friends from the AD's days at UW.

+1.....

So...you're saying that the coach that loses a certain game tonight will jump to the forefront?