K St over the Bills by 14

The Wiz

Another tough loss to SIU-C. Post game analysis in the SIU-C thread shows we should have won that game by 2....but poor shooting and another meltdown in the 2nd half (5 min w/o a shot....8 min w/o a basket) buried us.

And now it doesn't get any easier. After the SIU-C game we are now at C- (btw the Salukis climb to B- and are showing last team in the tourney at this point....CBI) We face K-St who checks in at B+ ...NIT at this point but certainly a good chance at the Big Dance. As you can see by the spread, we have our work cut out....

Here is what we need to do to win....

$LU

Slashline....47/ 36 / 70

35 Reb

12 TO's

KSU

Slash.....38 / 25

35 Reb

Hold Edwards to 10 pts

Bottomline...If we play poorly we will get killed...If we finally put our game together....Shoot decent, no meltdowns ( 8 min w/o a basket) , keep TO's down (12) ...we can make a game of it. We are due for a good game.

This may be the game that Vegas linemakers overreact to the Bills downward spiral. That said, there may be degen gamblers out there really hating SLU right now seeing as we havent sniffed covering since TN Martin and we (historically) been very good at home. Not touching this one.

The fact that we have Saint Louis on our jerseys seems to put our opponent in the mindset that we are a tough team because they think we are cut from the same ilk as those RM teams. Carbondale's bench cheered like they were about to knock off a top 15 team or something. It really made my skin crawl.

K State is not going to take their foot off the gas. Weber recruits St Louis hard. He doesn't want to give any reason to any local player to consider SLU over K State. Plus, he is probably still pissed about never getting an interview when Brad was hired. K State wins big.

Edited by brianstl

K State is not going to take their foot off the gas. Weber recruits St Louis hard. He doesn't want to give any reason to any local player to consider SLU over K State. Plus, he is probably still pissed about never getting an interview when Brad was fired. K State wins big.

He was pissed? I always thought the sole reason Brad was fired at that point in time was because Majerus was essentially hired already. Was anyone else ever even considered or interviewed?

He was pissed? I always thought the sole reason Brad was fired at that point in time was because Majerus was essentially hired already. Was anyone else ever even considered or interviewed?

I should have typed when Brad was hired.

He was supposedly very interested in the job at that time coming off a Sweet 16 at SIU. He didn't even get an interview. Corrected the post.

Another tough loss to SIU-C. Post game analysis in the SIU-C thread shows we should have won that game by 2....but poor shooting and another meltdown in the 2nd half (5 min w/o a shot....8 min w/o a basket) buried us.

And now it doesn't get any easier. After the SIU-C game we are now at C- (btw the Salukis climb to B- and are showing last team in the tourney at this point....CBI) We face K-St who checks in at B+ ...NIT at this point but certainly a good chance at the Big Dance. As you can see by the spread, we have our work cut out....

Here is what we need to do to win....

$LU

Slashline....47/ 36 / 70

35 Reb

12 TO's

KSU

Slash.....38 / 25

35 Reb

Hold Edwards to 10 pts

Bottomline...If we play poorly we will get killed...If we finally put our game together....Shoot decent, no meltdowns ( 8 min w/o a basket) , keep TO's down (12) ...we can make a game of it. We are due for a good game.

Wiz..use all the stats you want ..this is no way a C- team

K State is not a good shooting team so there's a snowball's chance in hell that we can be competitive. OTOH, their bigs are pretty good and our bigs are pretty not good. It'll be dominance in the paint and another blowout.

Good news: If the game ended at the under-4 media timeout (3:52), you were spot on.

Bad news: There was 3:52 left in the game.

I don't understand how they widened the margin by 14 in the last few minutes of this thing, but it went from a comfortable win to a pretty big blowout just like that. They were just coasting in for layups at the end.

I had this one.

Good call. It's going to be like this the rest of the year. My guess is that by season's end, there will only be a few SWAC teams with worse kenpom, rpi, sagarin, etc. ratings. This is just one bad, hopeless team with no answers anywhere on the court.

Good news: If the game ended at the under-4 media timeout (3:52), you were spot on.

I don't understand how they widened the margin by 14 in the last few minutes of this thing, but it went from a comfortable win to a pretty big blowout just like that. They were just coasting in for layups at the end.

This happens when you stop playing.....At the 616 mark in the 2nd half the Bills trailed by 12....and then they were out scored 21-5 through the end of the game with only 1 basket ....at the 103 mark. The computer always assumes it is a 40 min game.

This happens when you stop playing.....At the 616 mark in the 2nd half the Bills trailed by 12....and then they were out scored 21-5 through the end of the game with only 1 basket ....at the 103 mark. The computer always assumes it is a 40 min game.

You need to calculate that into the system. This team in its current state cannot be a C- team. These guys are coming unglued.

You need to calculate that into the system. This team in its current state cannot be a C- team. These guys are coming unglued.

I could figure in a 33 min game for the Bills...the only team playing 33min out of 351 teams but that would be a lot of work. How about if we just play 40 min.

I could figure in a 33 min game for the Bills...the only team playing 33min out of 351 teams but that would be a lot of work. How about if we just play 40 min.

It would be a more accurate representation of the Jim Crews system.

As Taj pointed out in another thread, this is like an accident ...it is hard to look away. For those that can't look away, I will try to make this short and as pain free as possible.

Dismal shooting.....33.3/ 17.9 / 47....and to make it worse....2nd half was 25% / 14%

Turnovers 19 This is a killer. I have harped on this all season . ....We give up 1 27 pts per TO.......In the Ind St game we had 22 TOs ...an extra 10 TOs worth about 13 pts ...which means we were also missing 10 possessions... We shot over 50% in that game...1/2 of those 10 go in is another 10pts....13 + 10 = 23 pt swing...way too many pts to give up ...Even if you give up an extra 8 TOs ...that's an 18 pt swing.

Bottomline ...18+ TOs / gm = loss ...Protecting the ball doesn't guarantee a win....but not protecting the ball guarantees a loss.

Wiz, how many games are left that we will be favored in?

We have 2 more wins....GM @ home & LaS away

Plus 2 more possible wins (45-50% chance of winning)....Duq @ home & St. B @ home

So 7 wins for the season....9 possible

If we can put things together we can win a few extra...Not talking about season best games...just decent as in 46/36/70 and around 12 TO's