Tanner Lancona

GOSLU68

I think along with Crawford and Gilmann he is among the better passers and is the best inbound passer we have. I know he has liabilities on defense (doesn't match up well, doesn't move his feet to suit Majerus, but along with Jolly and Manning he does set picks. He does not make mistakes is very conservative with the ball.

His 3 point shot is flat-unless the coaches are busy elsewhere it would seem someone would tell him from that far out it drops in easier from above instead of trying to skim over the front of the rim.

Unless he is hurt; in the doghouse; or has told the coaches he is moving someplace where his style fits in better I can't see why he did not get in the last few games.

Trolls aside; if someone has a real clue please comment.

I was happy to see Reynolds get 13 minutes and he showed up very well.

I'm not sure any of us can pretend to have any idea about why players are or are not getting minutes this season, aside from maybe the Bartley-McBroom situation.

In the early going, it appeared to me that Lancona had retooled his game to make himself more of a stretch forward with a focus on perimeter shooting. I guess the risk there is that when you're off, you don't bring much to the offense. But it also hasn't necessarily played out like that; he's not just roaming around the perimeter when he's out there.

It honestly looks like neither he nor the coaches have figured out what his role is supposed to be this season.

The last three years our teams featured strong , quick guards who could drive to the basket (Jett) and big men who could draw defenses by hitting outside shots (Loe, Ellis)....Lancona seemed to be a successor for the prototypical pick and pop big man...but the shots just aren't falling...

I feel bad for Tanner. It's looks like he has leaned up some in the past month. Maybe he's doing the best he can to crack the lineup. As somebody said, his outside shots aren't falling. He's not a stellar rebounder and I don't think his defense is where it needs to be. I think those things add up to reduced playing time.

How do we know his shots aren't falling when he hasn't played enough to prove any kind of trend? He has so much potential that it couldn't possibly hurt to show him five minutes in the rotation.

I like Lancona and I think a player of his style is important for our team, but who would you replace (or take minutes from) to give him more time? Unless Crews is willing to go small more often, it's hard to sit Yarbrough or Agbeko. (Even though I think Yarbrough is pressing too much lately)

How do we know his shots aren't falling when he hasn't played enough to prove any kind of trend? He has so much potential that it couldn't possibly hurt to show him five minutes in the rotation.He

He has 21 3PA's so far on the year and is shooting .095%. Also, he's not a strong rebounder, so who do play him over?

I think Yarbrough would benefit from a cut in playing time, just a minor one, because he takes WAY TOO MANY SHOTS. He's out of control; He had a couple good games and now his head is too big to fit on the team bus. I don't think going small would be a bad idea every now and then, for short installments, with a lineup like MB, AY, MY, TL, RA.

How do we know his shots aren't falling when he hasn't played enough to prove any kind of trend? He has so much potential that it couldn't possibly hurt to show him five minutes in the rotation.

This season Lancona is 1 for 20 from beyond the arc against D1 competition.

This season Lancona is 1 for 20 from beyond the arc against D1 competition.

CE went 0-15 but he was still one of the best Billikens in recent times! Give him the chance to fix it, for all we know he could've gone 20-21 in those games we was riding the bench. And the point is everybody goes cold at some point, given some are cold for longer than others, but they all snap out of it at some point. He needs some chance to prove himself we can't simply waste that much potential.

I wholeheartedly agree with at least a temporary cut in Yarbrough's playing time (and that's regardless of who's replacing him). As to Lancona's potential, I know he hasn't showed much this year, but he gave some pretty valuable minutes toward the end of last year. I also think he was by far the most highly rated of any player on the team coming out of HS other than AY. Seems like there is something there and I don't get why the freshman are allowed to play through mistakes but he's pinned to the bench.

CE went 0-15 but he was still one of the best Billikens in recent times! Give him the chance to fix it, for all we know he could've gone 20-21 in those games we was riding the bench. And the point is everybody goes cold at some point, given some are cold for longer than others, but they all snap out of it at some point. He needs some chance to prove himself we can't simply waste that much potential.

Cody never went 3 straight games without making a 3. He also went 15-35 from 3 in his first 5 games as a Billiken. He did struggle in the postseason his freshman year, and his sophomore year was rough, but he always showed potential.

They don't all snap out of it. Lancona has made 6 threes in 2 seasons at the D1 level. There's no track record to suggest he will ever snap out of it. If he were lighting it up in practice, he'd get more minutes.

I think Yarbrough would benefit from a cut in playing time, just a minor one, because he takes WAY TOO MANY SHOTS. He's out of control; He had a couple good games and now his head is too big to fit on the team bus. I don't think going small would be a bad idea every now and then, for short installments, with a lineup like MB, AY, MY, TL, RA.

If he needs to take less shots it's only from the 3 where he is 1-10 in conference and 3 of 18 over all

He's averaging about 11 shots a game discounting the 3 and making 50% and averaging 14 ppg, 6.2 rpg, and 1.8 apg in conference play in addition he's shooting 69% from the line ... so the last 9 games.

This idea that MY is out of control is off base. He had 1 game at 2 for 15 or something and in that game he still scored 12 pts, had 7 boards and 3 assists.

I wholeheartedly agree with at least a temporary cut in Yarbrough's playing time (and that's regardless of who's replacing him).

Curious here. In the last five games, Yarbrough has averaged 30 mpg. (I factored out the OT 5 min for this discussion.) For the year he is averaging 24 mpg.

What do you suggest Yarbrough average over the next five? And for my money, if I am replacing him, I'm putting Agbeko in at the 4.