Recruiting - 2018 class

NextYearBill

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally got around to scouring the updated Rivals Top 150 for 2018 today. With apologies to @Ibruce, we actually have a deeper list of offers on this list:

18. Carte'Are Gordon

22. Ayo Dosunmu

25. Keldon Johnson

28. Courtney Ramey

58. Isaiah Mucius

77. Tim Finke

88. Marcus Littles

89. Will Richardson

93. Torrence Watson

100. Jeenathan Williams

101. Trey Jemison

104. Cole Swider

108. Markquis Nowell

111. Arashma Parks

114. Jordan Walker

120. Kevin Easley, Jr.

137. Karrington Davis

142. Michael Devoe

146. Talen Horton-Tucker (interest only)

We actually have fewer offers that didn't make the list: Thatch, Omar Silverio, Wynston Tabbs, Tony Johnson, Junub Char-Chuol, Tyson Walker, Dallas Watson, and Vincent Williams.

Other Notables:

10. Darius Garland (Bradley Beal Elite)

46 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

Chase Adams was highly ranked in middle school but that early hype hasn't translated to offensive success at the high school level. Tyler Ulis, in contrast, was a scoring machine by this point of his high school career.

Can't believe a middle school prospect hasn't lived up to hype. 

Are we recruiting 6'7" 230 lb Zion Williamson?  I'm a bit concerned about how good his outside shot may or may not be, but he seems to get to the rim pretty well.  I'd like to see the staff take a look at him as he could be a good option to split time with Jalen Johnson at the 3.

Pretty strong move to the basket:

Another one:

50 minutes ago, jimbofive said:

Are we recruiting 6'7" 230 lb Zion Williamson?  I'm a bit concerned about how good his outside shot may or may not be, but he seems to get to the rim pretty well.  I'd like to see the staff take a look at him as he could be a good option to split time with Jalen Johnson at the 3.

Another one:

omg that is the most ridiculous ive ever seen. 

2 hours ago, jimbofive said:

Another one:

Ya his highlight videos have been traveling around social media lately. It's absolutely unfair. Definitely suggest a look into him if you haven't already.

33 minutes ago, For-DaLove said:

Similar to Gordon

True, and I also like how Gordon is on the Team USA program, an easy Mcdonalds all american I believe, but he is from SC and from Duke's recruiting it seems they might already have him unless they keep embarrassing themselves this season with the talent they have

37 minutes ago, For-DaLove said:

Similar to Gordon

i feel like this board doesnt give enough attention to the Gordon commit. Do we all think its too good to be true? Goodwin gets all the hype around here.... I'm most excited about man-child Gordon 

7 minutes ago, NextYearBill said:

i feel like this board doesnt give enough attention to the Gordon commit. Do we all think its too good to be true? Goodwin gets all the hype around here.... I'm most excited about man-child Gordon 

It's a year and a half away. People can only be so excited about something that far off.

1 hour ago, Glorydays2013 said:

Not a power scorer but a beast on rebounds, would compliment Goodwin very well

wrong thread for this.... but if youre talking bout French... have you seen his dunks? power scorer is an understatement 

4 hours ago, kshoe said:

It's a year and a half away. People can only be so excited about something that far off.

with all the excitement surrounding our current squad and the BIG WIN.... i can understand 

11 hours ago, kshoe said:

Obviously I was referencing the time till he actually plays for the Billikens. Not his signing date.

Obviously I was referencing the time he officially becomes a Billiken.  Not his actual playing date.  In my opinion once a player signs his NLI then we can say he is one of us and we can start feeling good about him just as we have about Goodwin and French..