Top 10: The ones that got away

Local or somewhat local players who most likely could have attended SLU but went elsewhere...not counting elites like Chris Carrawell or Ryan Robertson.

1. Craig Upchurch

2. Josh Harrelson

3. Blake Ahearn

4. Kent Williams

5. Darren Brooks

6. Matt Shaw

7. Lucas O'Rear

8. Phillip Gilbert

9. Maurice Baker

10. Richard Keene

We need Vtime to weigh in on this topic.

Who is the kid who went to Northern Iowa a few years back. He was a good player.

Darren Brooks shouldn't count. He couldn't get into SLU.

There was a cardinal ritter kid who had a decent career in the Ivy league several years ago as well.

One of the top ones on your list should be Gary Buchanan. Romar really tried hard to get him.

Why not list elites? Jahidi White. Loren Robinson. Chris Carrawell. David Lee. Brad Beal. Ben McLemore. Listing of elites shows how rare they are in St. Louis and is amplified louder in that we've got only one (Hughes) in the past seven decades or so.

Who is the kid who went to Northern Iowa a few years back. He was a good player.

There was a cardinal ritter kid who had a decent career in the Ivy league several years ago as well.

One of the top ones on your list should be Gary Buchanan. Romar really tried hard to get him.

O'Rear went to Northern Iowa. Or were you thinking of Farokhmanesh, who Majerus recruited?

Buchanan wanted to come to SLU originally, but Spoon didn't give him an offer, right?

I think Alex Barnett was the Dartmouth kid.

Ryan Hollins would have been nice to keep.

Suggs, who went to UW w/ Romar. How about the kid that went to Illinois. His dad used to post on here quite a bit. Was his name Tyler Griffey? Help an old man out, forgetting his name is driving me nuts. Ryan Hollins was from CA wasn't he? McKinney who went to Mizzery also was a miss. I really thought Romar would land him.

Sorry to disagree, but V Time needs to be banned from this topic. If he weighs in it will use up all the spare room on my computer

Hollins was from California but yeah he would have been nice.

Anthony James was the kid I was thinking of from Normandy. Maybe he wouldn't have qualified. Nice MVC player.

Laphonso Ellis falls into the too good category.

McKinney is one we missed but didn't turn out to be that great.

Barnett was the kid from Ritter.

Buchanan was botched by Spoon, Romar made a push for him but too little too late. Who knew there were ballers in Valley Park? At least Buchanon sent Reggie Bryant our way.

He wasn't a big time recruit but he never even considered SLU.

I don't think that is right on both fronts. For a while johnnie Parker was a top 100 recruit and some even compared him to Larry, before Larry took off the summer before their senior years.

I also believe johnnie was very interested in SLU given that Tatum, Larry and baniak were on board, but we preferred Heinrich over him for the last scholly available that fall.

I don't think that is right on both fronts. For a while johnnie Parker was a top 100 recruit and some even compared him to Larry, before Larry took off the summer before their senior years.

I also believe johnnie was very interested in SLU given that Tatum, Larry and baniak were on board, but we preferred Heinrich over him for the last scholly available that fall.

Some internet research has proved you correct. Parker, along with teammate Tate Decker were both top 100 recruits. Parker listed Mizzou & SLU as 1 and 2. We may have looked past him, his test scores weren't straight until well into spring.