A10 Home/Away

Announced today

Home Games against:

Dayton, Duquesne, George Mason, La Salle, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, St. Bonaventure, Saint Joseph’s, VCU

Away Games against:

Davidson, Dayton, Duquesne, Fordham, George Mason, George Washington, Rhode Island, Richmond, VCU

So Dayton, Duquesne, George Mason, Rhode Island, and VCU twice.

Thoughts?

Announced today
Home Games against:
Dayton, Duquesne, George Mason, La Salle, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, St. Bonaventure, Saint Joseph’s, VCU
Away Games against:
Davidson, Dayton, Duquesne, Fordham, George Mason, George Washington, Rhode Island, Richmond, VCU
So Dayton, Duquesne, George Mason, Rhode Island, and VCU twice.
Thoughts?

Happy to get Dayton and VCU twice. Would have preferred UMass, St. Joes and LaSalle twice over the other three (I don't really know who is supposed to be that strong but those are bigger names in my mind and I like playing the Philly schools more).

My wife will have to get her blood pressure checked as she can't stand Hurley so seeing him twice may put her over the top.

Yes, Bay Area, it looks as if the Bonnies really are going to Chaifetz Arena.

WOW you get to see Jorden Gathers play - remember him - he's that talented young man that beat the Billikens in the A10 Conference playoff with a last second 3 point shot to win the game and eliminate St Louis from the playoffs.

( ouch ^&(^&%(I^*OO& JC that hurt )

( Billiken to the Brown Indian " I'm sorry Mr Indian for all those mean things that our fans have said about you - they are rally uncalled for.)

Go Bonnies

• 1 month later...

according to a Bradley forum and a preseason tournament website, Bradley is also playing in the corpus Christi tourney.

I don't know why we don't put the Braves (are they still called that?)on the schedule to replace MoState. Bradley used to be our biggest rival in the old MO Valley days.

I don't know why we don't put the Braves (are they still called that?)on the schedule to replace MoState. Bradley used to be our biggest rival in the old MO Valley days.

I'm not against playing Bradley per se but we do have 3 MVC teams out of 9 possible non-con games excluding the exempt tourney this year. If we don't re-up with Wichita St. and Indiana St. next year I'm all for adding more valley teams as they provide decent competition and relatively easy travel.

I'm not against playing Bradley per se but we do have 3 MVC teams out of 9 possible non-con games excluding the exempt tourney this year. If we don't re-up with Wichita St. and Indiana St. next year I'm all for adding more valley teams as they provide decent competition and relatively easy travel.

Agreed. I'm a big BU fan but that would be too many MVC teams. Bradley also needs to get back to a decent level of basketball which should hopefully happen this year or next.

Ok, forget the CC tourney for a moment. As it stands right now, we play WSU this upcoming season and SIU (whom we always play). Mo State stiffed us and RM was adamant about not playing them again, which we haven't. So, Kshoe, if we play BU and SIU every year is that such a bad deal, since we're not assured of a game vs WSU? I think playing BU and SIU every year is the same deal we had w/ MO. ST and the Salukis, which we had forever. What's wrong with that schedule, ie subbing BU for Mo ST?

Ok, forget the CC tourney for a moment. As it stands right now, we play WSU this upcoming season and SIU (whom we always play). Mo State stiffed us and RM was adamant about not playing them again, which we haven't. So, Kshoe, if we play BU and SIU every year is that such a bad deal, since we're not assured of a game vs WSU? I think playing BU and SIU every year is the same deal we had w/ MO. ST and the Salukis, which we had forever. What's wrong with that schedule, ie subbing BU for Mo ST?

I believe it is advantageous for us to schedule Valley teams, but we should be scheduling the best Valley teams.

Bradley has not been consistently good for a long time, every few years they have an NIT team or finish in the upper half of the valley but lately they have been bad. We don't need to schedule them just because we played them 60 times in the 50s.

MO st jacked us around. Until they have a new AD we don't play them. Since they are an instate rival and have had a good program we should probably play them. As long as they are good on the court.

Now this may sound harsh but we have played SIUC every year of my life. Why are we still doing it? They are horrible. They may be coming back up but until they do lets take them off. The only reason we play them is because its an easy road trip. The negative has outweighed the positive of playing the salukis for several years. Lets play Wichita St and Indiana St, the two best teams in the Valley. If one of their programs fall off, we start scheduling the other best team. Travel for all of them is basically the same. No reason to schedule RPI drags just for the sake of tradition.

Don't forget we also play Indiana St. Adding Bradley would make 4 out of 9 non-conference non tourney games against the Valley.

I agree with Torch that playing 2 or 3 Valley teams a year is a healthy number and that they should typically be the best Valley teams available. I disagree with dropping SIU because they suck right now. That is a two way street and SIU didn't drop us when they went to 8 straight dances and we were treading water during some of those Sodi years. Furthermore, they've shown the ability to rise from the dead and I wouldn't be surprised if they get back on the right side of the Valley. If we drop them now just because they suck, they may harbor the same negative feelings we have towards Missouri St. It's a good series and the closest thing we have to a local rival. Leave it be.