Next year's starting five.

Kwamain was about 3 inches taller than McBroom FWIW

More like 1 inch taller than AM. 5'10" to be exact but he played much bigger and continues to do so today.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kwamain was 5'11 or 6'0, McBroom is 5'8 or 5'9

I would give them that since I have met both on several occasions at the arena and I am 6'0 myself. On a different topic, a buddy of mine sent me a pic of a store display from the Reese's (peanut butter cups) All Star game KM played in after last season. It is a life sized picture of him. I guess it is in stores all over the country. That is really cool to see a great Billiken being on display like that.

Just gotta figure how to load it to the site in a thread from my phone. Any suggestions?;

I would give them that since I have met both on several occasions at the arena and I am 6'0 myself. On a different topic, a buddy of mine sent me a pic of a store display from the Reese's (peanut butter cups) All Star game KM played in after last season. It is a life sized picture of him. I guess it is in stores all over the country. That is really cool to see a great Billiken being on display like that.

Just gotta figure how to load it to the site in a thread from my phone. Any suggestions?;

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en data-scribe-reduced-action-queue="><p>Good to see Kwamain land on his feet w Team Reese's. <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23sluball&src=hash">#sluball</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23billsohard&src=hash">#billsohard</a> <a href="http://t.co/aaz6m6reQf">pic.twitter.com/aaz6m6reQf</a></p>—; shane_thornton (@shanefeld) <a href="https://twitter.com/shanefeld/statuses/450350706319294464">March 30, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

That is it! Thanks for putting that up. Guess it might be time to get on twitter or instagram.

mmmmmmm....Stacy's simply naked pita chips....

So what's up with the team chemistry? Anybody got the latest gossip?

some real gems in this short blurb from Sixty Feet, Six Inches by our very own Bob Gibson and Mr. October, Reggie Jackson (w/Lonnie Wheeler)...

http://www.beyondtheboxscore.com/2011/12/16/2640351/jackson-we-the-oakland-teams-of-the-70s-were-young-and-full-of

That Cody accepted and embraced the 6th man role after being a starter. I hope we recruit a whole host of "team first" guys like CE going forward. We'll be better for it.

What alternative did he have? If he wasnt happy about his role, how would anybody know? You usually find out kids are unhappy when a kid transfers. It was a little late for that anyway. dome kids are just too mannerable/respectful to complain. He may have fully accepted the role, I'm just playing devils advocate. Think about it, at your job you wouldnt want to get paid less than somebody else who does the same job. These kids dont get paid. Playing time is their on-court compensation. Would you really be happy with getting paid less for the same even though you think you can do it better. Maybe some of you could, but you would be in the minority

What alternative did he have? If he wasnt happy about his role, how would anybody know? You usually find out kids are unhappy when a kid transfers. It was a little late for that anyway. dome kids are just too mannerable/respectful to complain. He may have fully accepted the role, I'm just playing devils advocate. Think about it, at your job you wouldnt want to get paid less than somebody else who does the same job. These kids dont get paid. Playing time is their on-court compensation. iWould you really be happy with getting paid less for the same even though you think you can do it better. Maybe some of you could, but you would be in the minority

So, you agree with Crews, it's about playing time, not who starts.

What alternative did he have? If he wasnt happy about his role, how would anybody know? You usually find out kids are unhappy when a kid transfers. It was a little late for that anyway. dome kids are just too mannerable/respectful to complain. He may have fully accepted the role, I'm just playing devils advocate. Think about it, at your job you wouldnt want to get paid less than somebody else who does the same job. These kids dont get paid. Playing time is their on-court compensation. Would you really be happy with getting paid less for the same even though you think you can do it better. Maybe some of you could, but you would be in the minority

W/o looking it up, CE got the bulk of minutes at the 4. GG would start, play 5 or 6 minutes then ride the pine until the second half. Then get his 5 or 6, to be placed by CE. CE never moped and always played w/ enthusiasm. I took this as him understanding and being very accepting of his role. You're right, I don't know if he was unhappy, but it never showed in his play.

Nice article on MY... our next Jordair, and he has his sights on playing the same position:

http://newssun.suntimes.com/sports/27021637-419/school-celebrations-are-a-good-thing.html#.U12BLfldWVM

"Interesting to note that on the schools recruiting board, Milik is listed as committed to being a Billiken in 2014-2015.

However, in the Class of 2015-2016, a key recruiting target and listed as having moderate interest in joining the Billikens is current Lake Forest High junior star forward Evan Boudreaux.

Boudreaux would be a 3 at Saint Louis, working with Yarbrough who is a 2.

Now, if they can land Stevenson High junior Jalen Brunson to be the 1 ..."

I like this guy's thinking

So this past season we saw Crews go with the same exact starting 5 all year (except for Agbeko starting one game i believe). When you look at the numbers, it makes sense that those would be his starting 5, and they happened to be seniors. Now, do you guys think that he kept that line up simply because they were undoubtedly the best? or because Crews is the type of coach to stick with his starting 5 for the long haul? I know some coaches like to let people in and out of the starting 5 based on merit, while others keep their starting 5 and try to hone their chemistry.

mmmmmmm....Stacy's simply naked pita chips....

So what's up with the team chemistry? Anybody got the latest gossip?

some real gems in this short blurb from Sixty Feet, Six Inches by our very own Bob Gibson and Mr. October, Reggie Jackson (w/Lonnie Wheeler)...

http://www.beyondtheboxscore.com/2011/12/16/2640351/jackson-we-the-oakland-teams-of-the-70s-were-young-and-full-of

stacy's simply naked keibler cookies are better...

stuff-magazine-2005-stacy-keibler-917056

I'd like to see why people think McBroom CAN lead the team next year. Don't give me his scoring stats. I'm not asking if he can lead the team in scoring. That's not the discussion. I'm asking why people think he can be the point guard and leader of this team next season?

Here is one. He is one of the few guys that steps up at the end of games and hits his FTs. During the year, SLU would do a good job of getting him the ball, he would draw the foul, and knock down both FTs. For some reason, we got away from that (mostly because we were playing from behind and Jett would have the ball), and our FT shooting was horrific.

I think he has a very good handle and the decision-making and defense will improve from last year to next year to the next year just like McCall and Fisher and Newbury. I think he will be a solid PG and play the most minutes. If we are up, he will have the ball in his hands. I am not saying he will be all-conference, but I think he will be a good PG.

As for who the scorers will be, I do not know. Something tells me we will struggle in that department, but that is nothing new.

Here is one. He is one of the few guys that steps up at the end of games and hits his FTs. During the year, SLU would do a good job of getting him the ball, he would draw the foul, and knock down both FTs. For some reason, we got away from that (mostly because we were playing from behind and Jett would have the ball), and our FT shooting was horrific.

I think he has a very good handle and the decision-making and defense will improve from last year to next year to the next year just like McCall and Fisher and Newbury. I think he will be a solid PG and play the most minutes. If we are up, he will have the ball in his hands. I am not saying he will be all-conference, but I think he will be a good PG.

As for who the scorers will be, I do not know. Something tells me we will struggle in that department, but that is nothing new.

I don't question McBroom's ability to score, but I do have questions about his ability to run the offense and set up good shots for his teammates. And on defense, too often he got worked over by bigger guards. He is quick enough that he should have the ability to be a good pest and get a lot of steals.By January, I would like to see Bartley take over as the starting PG and have AM return to being a 6th man.

I don't question McBroom's ability to score, but I do have questions about his ability to run the offense and set up good shots for his teammates. And on defense, too often he got worked over by bigger guards. He is quick enough that he should have the ability to be a good pest and get a lot of steals.By January, I would like to see Bartley take over as the starting PG and have AM return to being a 6th man.

And my guess is that AM is going to be better defensively than any of the freshmen guards because that is usually how it goes, the freshmen stink defensively and after a year or two they turn it around, just like McCall, Jett, Mitchell, etc...