Dayton to Elite Eight

Speak for yourself. We would have handled them!

Maybe but half of this Board were shaking in their boots about a matchup against Syracuse!!

Ha. We might have shot 0-20 from 3 instead of 0-15

Dayton was ranked 35th in Adjusted Offense (72nd in Adjusted Defense) and managed to score a whopping 55 points, mostly because they shot 44% on 3's. They averaged over 73 points per game this year.

Syracuse averaged 68 points for the year, but scored only 53 against the Dayton D. Their rankings were 37 on offense and 13th on defense.

We were ranked 182nd in Adjusted Offense (8th in Adjusted Defense) and shot less than 32% from behind the arc on the season. We averaged an even 70 points per game on the year, however Louisville's 3rd ranked defense held us to just 51.

All of that to say, our offense was noticeably weaker than Dayton's, particularly against the zone which we could not shoot over. We also got smothered by another highly ranked defense vs. Louisville. We certainly would not have scored 50 points against Syracuse the way we played against Louisville. I'd guess 8 of 10 times the 2013-2014 Billikens would have lost to the 2013-2014 Orange.

They did have to beat Ohio State and Syracuse...

When people say slu spiralled down at the end of season, Osu and Syracuse both were in far worse shape. Both those two teams should have been a 5 or 6 seed(cuse) And 10(osu). Hell ncst id say would beat both. I'm 100% behind dayton to help represent the a10, but they took a nice route to get there.

As Coach Crews said, a lot this is luck. In addition to Dayton, Tennessee, also a 11 seed, had a easy run to the sweet 16. Nice getting Mercer rather then Duke in the 2nd round. Although I have Florida for my bracket winner, Louisville, like last year, could take this thing. One thing UDee and Tenn had going for them they got hot at the right time. Both had very good February and March. We had outstanding December, January and February, come March, not so good. Cuse and OSU also had a poor February and March and Dayton, to their credit, was able to take advantage of that.

Anyway, hope Dayton does well. I have to give them credit, they certainly travel well, and were loud last night.

It's all about the match-ups and the directional arrow with your team's trending at the time.

I thought no way Dayton would even get in. I thought their A10 tourney game was a play in game and St. Joe's got in over them because of the win. Not so. Then I heard there were some rumblings about not seeding them to play a home game in the First Four. Whether that's true or not is immaterial but if such a factor existed, I can understand the rationale. I thought their match-up against OSU was appropriate given OSU won't play them otherwise. Bt OSU was an enigma in themsleves ad you have to believe Dayton came into that game much more pumped than OSU. They squeaked by with the simest of margins but it is win and advance.

Syracuse was falling thenjust as we were. And once the win over OSU was ecured, I thought the Dayton guys played really relaxed against the Cuse. And I always think the Cuse is overrated and poorly coached. Still, Dayton eked by both.

Last night, Dayton was clearly the better team. Bench points were 39 to 2. Stanford had the interior advantage but Dayton had scores of muggers to go against Nastic and Powell. Robinson. Oliver. Scott. Kavanaugh. Pollard. Hell, even Gavrilovic got time. That's 30 fouls to give and still not be too hurt. When Stanford lost Nastic, they were really hurting. I don't know who that big bald alien is on the end of the Stanford bench but they should have put a skirt on him and handed him pompoms. The whooping Dayton put on Stanford was a complete one. And you can see the confidence in all the Dayton players' faces. At one point, Kavanaugh actually looked like a servicable basketball player out there. You have thought Pollard was a Mickey D's all-american with his whopping twelve points. Stanford seemed to play the 'ole zone' defense and if there was ever a demo on how zones allowed offensve rebounds, Stanford should star in that and have enough raw footage from last night alone to demo "how not to" rebound. According to USAToday, only one team ranked below Dayton going into the Sweet Sixteen. And yep, Dayton played them.

You always get an outlier in the Sweet Sixteen. With half the Elite Eight decided, who doesn't belong; Florida, Arizona, Wisconsin, Dayton. If YouDee beats Forida, I will then be true believer!

We can begrudge them because it's one of our rivals and their Sweater Vest fans are sometimes insufferable. However, it is overall good for the conference $1.5mil/win and it does make me feel better about SLU's season. We did split with Dayton and the A10 which was a damn good conference this year.

We can begrudge them because it's one of our rivals and their Sweater Vest fans are sometimes insufferable. However, it is overall good for the conference $1.5mil/win and it does make me feel better about SLU's season. We did split with Dayton and the A10 which was a damn good conference this year.

Couldn't have said it better. Every school has delusional fans but Dayton seems to have cornered the market.

HOWEVER, I am still pulling for them as it means more money for every program in the league the farther they go and the more games the play the more exposure is gained for the league

Gotta root for Dayton to win it all now. Would be an incredible boost to the conference to have the first Cinderella champion - I have to believe that, beyond the monetary benefits, there'd be an immediate recruiting boost for all competent enough to capitalize on it.

When I went to the Saint Louis/Dayton game this past January in Dayton, the gameday program boasted that Dayton has beaten its last nine or so SEC opponents over the last so many years insinuating dominance over the SEC. It was even the "win a free pizza" trivia question asked among the lucky fans.

Dayton dominates the SEC. Bet the house!