Bills by 3 over NC St

The Wiz

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I worry about this game, it helps us that NC State played last night and have to scramble to get to Orlando.

NC State is a good club, one of those teams that jelled at the end of the year and found their rotation, their roles, their identity. It is foolish to say Warren is the only player they have... and IMO they would have done well in the A-10.

Are we really healthy? The extra time may help us, depending on the nature of DE and JJ's boo-boo's. I hope so. DE seemed much better last game but I still have concern. If we are 100% healthy and with the extra time and the chip on our shoulder from the loss to the Bonnies, our "D" should carry us. We shall see.

Sure, I agree that Jett's a great college basketball player. And he obviously has more experience than Warren. But Warren (the ACC player of the year) is a great college basketball player, too. In fact, he's a good enough player and has good enough measurables to be desirable to a lot of NBA teams. I think, at the end of the day, it comes down to this: if I'm looking at both teams objectively, then I think NC State has at least one guy who can guard Jett. I don't think anyone on SLU is capable of handling Warren one-on-one.

That's the one thing that is key for SLU: who will guard Warren. Not that we can just ignore the rest of the team either... Honestly I will trust Crews' judgment and overall game plan for tomorrow

That's the one thing that is key for SLU: who will guard Warren. Not that we can just ignore the rest of the team either... Honestly I will trust Crews' judgment and overall game plan for tomorrow

Yeah, I think Crews is a significantly better game coach than Gottfried (though Gottfried has definitely made strides this season). We might have to double up Warren, or otherwise do everything in our power to keep it out of his hands. But if we can limit the damage there, then they don't really have another offensive threat that scares me.

Also worth mentioning that NC state has never faced our defense before. I'm hoping that some of our ability to contain him will be making it difficult for him to get the ball inside and the ability of our defensive rotations to frustrate their offense as a whole. Probably a factor as to why we lost some games down the stretch (but still beat UMASS).

After reading some of the posts in your other threads I am kind of in shock. Don't know what Memphis fans did to y'all but you seem to still be quite upset about it. We are not Memphis.

Also, you better hope your team has more respect for NCSU than a lot of your fans do.

It is also pretty disappointing to hear the way y'all are talking about our PG Tyler Lewis. Again, you should hope your team has more respect as his assist to turnover ratio this year is 129-31. And he didn't even start the first 1/3 of the season.

Came on this board hoping to get a little insight into your team and what to expect tomorrow night, didn't realize so many would be uninviting. I didn't see State fans coming in talking junk acting like we were better, but maybe I missed it.

To those thinking y'all are just gonna go out there and play your game and beat us...well, we will see.

Enjoy your board and keep on bashing us.

After reading some of the posts in your other threads I am kind of in shock. Don't know what Memphis fans did to y'all but you seem to still be quite upset about it. We are not Memphis.

Also, you better hope your team has more respect for NCSU than a lot of your fans do.

It is also pretty disappointing to hear the way y'all are talking about our PG Tyler Lewis. Again, you should hope your team has more respect as his assist to turnover ratio this year is 129-31. And he didn't even start the first 1/3 of the season.

Came on this board hoping to get a little insight into your team and what to expect tomorrow night, didn't realize so many would be uninviting. I didn't see State fans coming in talking junk acting like we were better, but maybe I missed it.

To those thinking y'all are just gonna go out there and play your game and beat us...well, we will see.

Memphis was better.

To those thinking y'all are just gonna go out there and play your game and beat us...you just better hope we have an off night, which we have had many earlier in the season, because if we play the way we have been playing we will beat you.

Not really sure what you are reading. Its seems like most of us think this will be a tough game but if we play like we are capable of playing it should be a tough win. If you come on here and expect us to say we have no shot then I dont know what to tell you. We won a tough A-10 conference and should be fairly confident going into this game.

Not really sure what you are reading. Its seems like most of us think this will be a tough game but if we play like we are capable of playing it should be a tough win. If you are come on here and expect us to say we have no shot then I dont know what to tell you. We won a tough A-10 conference and should be fairly confident going into this game.

No I absolutely don't expect that. I was just reading through the game thread, seems that most see our team as a pushover, our little white point guard is garbage, our fat boy center is garbage, and other than Warren, there is no talent on our team. I honestly expect it to be a really close game, and trust me we know we are up against a good team. If I were you I'd feel good, too. But you did lose 4 of the last 5 we have won 5 of 6. I wouldn't be near as confident as some of you.

We're so sorry. Please keep telling us about how many stars and McNuggets your guys had coming out of high school. Please. We are enamored by that kind of information.

I don't really see anybody "bashing" NC State. They looked tough last night and everybody agrees Warren is going to be a handful. The comparison to Memphis comes when opposing fans come on here and talk about how highly rated their players were as recruits (Top 100, McDonald's AA, etc.) and they will often talk about their superior "athletes" to SLU - we've seen it with Washington, New Mexico, VCU and others in recent years. Obviously you didn't know this board history, but that is what the reaction is based. You guys seem reasonable based on your first few posts (not like VCU trolls) so feel free to stick around and talk about your team. A few folks may give you sh!t just because you are an opposing fan, but if you stick to talking hoops you'll be fine.

No I absolutely don't expect that. I was just reading through the game thread, seems that most see our team as a pushover, our little white point guard is garbage, our fat boy center is garbage, and other than Warren, there is no talent on our team. I honestly expect it to be a really close game, and trust me we know we are up against a good team. If I were you I'd feel good, too. But you did lose 4 of the last 5 we have won 5 of 6. I wouldn't be near as confident as some of you.

Don't worry about it. You should see the way folks on this board bash our own team during the game threads. What they said about NC State is nothing compared to some of the stuff said about our own players and even coach.

I don't really see anybody "bashing" NC State. They looked tough last night and everybody agrees Warren is going to be a handful. The comparison to Memphis comes when opposing fans come on here and talk about how highly rated their players were as recruits (Top 100, McDonald's AA, etc.) and they will often talk about their superior "athletes" to SLU - we've seen it with Washington, New Mexico, VCU and others in recent years. Obviously you didn't know this board history, but that is what the reaction is based. You guys seem reasonable based on your first few posts (not like VCU trolls) so feel free to stick around and talk about your team. A few folks may give you **** just because you are an opposing fan, but if you stick to talking hoops you'll be fine.

Didn't mean to bring up anything about superior athletes. In our neck of the woods we are the ones being told about other team's superior athletes. Even when we have a top 15 recruiting class we are a distance 3rd within a 30 mile radius. Was just trying to explain that we are a talented but young team that has the ability to beat anyone or lose to anyone.

It's mid-major syndrome. You recruit better than us, so some guys here feel the need to constantly "prove" how SLU's underrated recruits are better than the top-100-type recruits of an NC State. It's like little-man syndrome, with basketball. (Although, in fairness, SLU's underrated recruits often are better than more highly-rated recruits. I don't why this merits the vitriol of McD-type recruits, though.)

Still, I'm not sure what you expected. You have a good team, not a great team. Warren is by far your best player, and is probably the only major offensive threat (in terms of scoring points). Lewis has a great assist-to-turnover ratio, but I'm fairly confident we can keep him in check. Same with guys like Vandenberg and Barber. It'll be a good game. Like I said, if SLU reverts to mid-season form, I think we win. If we continue our play from the last few games, we don't.

Basically over the last few seasons we've played a few teams (Memphis in the 2012 NCAAs and Washington in a non-conference game in the 2011-12 season being the best examples) where the other teams fans have come onto this board and essentially said that we had no chance because they had X amount of McDonald's All-Americans and Y amount of 4 star recruits. It was almost as if they expected to be given a certain number of points before the game started based on the recruiting rankings of their players, several of whom were sophomores and juniors by then. I think when you or some other NC State fans started touted the recruiting rankings of your players, people here experienced a bit of deja vu from those previous games, with the memory that we dominated Washington's 4 and 5 star recruits and that Majerus put on a coaching clinic against Pastner.

I think most of us respect NC State as a team. Warren is a heck of a player and will be an issue for us. I initially thought that Xavier would be a tougher matchup for us, but after seeing last night's game, it's going to be tough. If the SLU team from November-4 weeks ago shows up, I feel good about our chances. If the SLU team from the past 3 weeks shows up, I don't fee so good.

Are you really correlating a bunch of message board morons with our coaching staff and 5 senior starters? People have had this conversation on here before. As fans we can look past teams, we can be optimistic and overconfident. I don't know what SLU will play like tomorrow, but they won't be disrespecting NC State

It's mid-major syndrome. You recruit better than us, so some guys here feel the need to constantly "prove" how SLU's underrated recruits are better than the top-100-type recruits of an NC State. It's like little-man syndrome, with basketball. (Although, in fairness, SLU's underrated recruits often are better than more highly-rated recruits. I don't why this merits the vitriol of McD-type recruits, though.)

Still, I'm not sure what you expected. You have a good team, not a great team. Warren is by far your best player, and is probably the only major offensive threat (in terms of scoring points). Lewis has a great assist-to-turnover ratio, but I'm fairly confident we can keep him in check. Same with guys like Vandenberg and Barber. It'll be a good game. Like I said, if SLU reverts to mid-season form, I think we win. If we continue our play from the last few games, we don't.

I don't mean this as a put down to NC St., but winning or losing this game is all about which SLU team shows up.

Are you really correlating a bunch of message board morons with our coaching staff and 5 senior starters? People have had this conversation on here before. As fans we can look past teams, we can be optimistic and overconfident. I don't know what SLU will play like tomorrow, but they won't be disrespecting NC State

Yeah, that is my job.

You ever have that stuff they try to pass off as BBQ in North Carolina? Stuff is awful.

McDonalds is only average in the fast foot market in my opinion. They have good food and it's cheap but too inconsistent for me. A McChicken is a good option if you're wanting chicken. Quarter ponder with cheese ketchup only is usually what I go with. Personally, I'm a fan of Taco Bell. Taco Bell probably isn't super comparable to McDonalds though because of the different types of foods. One big benefit of Taco Bell though is that it is often paired with KFC. That way you have even more options. KFC is another one of my favorites. They have some really solid chicken strips and and always delicious biscuit. They have really good sides and they put them in those containers that you can bring home and then fill it with your own food and bring it to work instead of having to buy tupperware. If you want to look at burger-chains for fast food, I'd probably go with Sonic although one time one of my friends found a bandaid on her burger there. But that's never happened to me. I also enjoy the chicken at Sonic and they're one of the only fast food chains to have corn dogs which is always a good alternative if you want something different. Wendy's is really good too. The square burger on the circular bun presents a problem, but I still enjoy it. Burger King seems to be changing their food constantly. They used to have the best fries, but I think they've changed those. The bun is soggy sometimes but it's still a good burger. Dairy Queen is more of a dessert chain if you ask me. The food isn't bad but I'd probably prefer a Blizzard over a burger if I'm going there. Hardees is good but a little too expensive for fast food. Still I like some of the different types of foods they come out with. Definitely a solid option. Arby's is good if you want roast beef but I don't think this conversation is about roast beef. Breakfast is a whole different story, but I personally prefer Burger King because it's closest to home.

All in all, I wouldn't brag too much about McDonalds. It's good and cheap, but that doesn't make it the best. Just depends on what you're in the mood for.

Pretty great that NCST wasn't even supposed to be in the field according to 99% of bracketologists, and now by all accounts is the no. 1 pick to upset a higher seed going into the first round. There's plenty of disrespect to go around for everybody. The "Nobody Believes In Us" showdown.

Chick-Fil-A is the best over all those you mentioned. Waffle Fries with Chick-Fil-A sauce = A++, but I do like the Potato Wedges from KFC.

Since we are comparing items, I would like to get PackWolf's opinion - on BoJangles vs. KFC - Thanks in advance for your answer.

McDonalds is only average in the fast foot market in my opinion. They have good food and it's cheap but too inconsistent for me. A McChicken is a good option if you're wanting chicken. Quarter ponder with cheese ketchup only is usually what I go with. Personally, I'm a fan of Taco Bell. Taco Bell probably isn't super comparable to McDonalds though because of the different types of foods. One big benefit of Taco Bell though is that it is often paired with KFC. That way you have even more options. KFC is another one of my favorites. They have some really solid chicken strips and and always delicious biscuit. They have really good sides and they put them in those containers that you can bring home and then fill it with your own food and bring it to work instead of having to buy tupperware. If you want to look at burger-chains for fast food, I'd probably go with Sonic although one time one of my friends found a bandaid on her burger there. But that's never happened to me. I also enjoy the chicken at Sonic and they're one of the only fast food chains to have corn dogs which is always a good alternative if you want something different. Wendy's is really good too. The square burger on the circular bun presents a problem, but I still enjoy it. Burger King seems to be changing their food constantly. They used to have the best fries, but I think they've changed those. The bun is soggy sometimes but it's still a good burger. Dairy Queen is more of a dessert chain if you ask me. The food isn't bad but I'd probably prefer a Blizzard over a burger if I'm going there. Hardees is good but a little too expensive for fast food. Still I like some of the different types of foods they come out with. Definitely a solid option. Arby's is good if you want roast beef but I don't think this conversation is about roast beef. Breakfast is a whole different story, but I personally prefer Burger King because it's closest to home.

All in all, I wouldn't brag too much about McDonalds. It's good and cheap, but that doesn't make it the best. Just depends on what you're in the mood for.

Vegas gives SLU 35-1 odds to win the Midwest region. NC State 200-1.

http://www.lasvegassun.com/blogs/talking-points/2014/mar/18/ncaa-tournament-odds-how-vegas-sports-books-see-mi/

Here's a good side-by-side stats comparison from Vegas:

http://sports.bovada.lv/betting-matchups/college-basketball-lines/20140320/271-369/

As far as game odds go, looks like SLU is favored by 2.5 to 3 points depending on sportsbook:

http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-basketball/odds/las-vegas/

Vegas doesn't like McDonalds, I guess.

lol...ok those were more along the lines of responses I was expecting, with the McDonald's breakdown besting my expectations...

Trust me, we absolutely do not think just because we have athletes we are going to win this game. Especially since you seem to have an older team. Those are the teams that can really hurt us. I mean y'all were top 10 at one point, right? Still in the top 25? We didn't sniff the top 25 at any point this year.

I don't mean this as a put down to NC St., but winning or losing this game is all about which SLU team shows up.

Well, I would have to say, even if you play really well, Warren has the ability to keep us in it. He absolutely has the ability to drop 40 on anyone, no matter your game plan. He is probably the hardest to guard player in the country maybe behind only McDermott.

And by the way, our back up pg Barber didn't play the second half last night because of flu like symptoms (threw up during half time). If he can't play we really will be in trouble because we don't have another reliable ball handler to spell Lewis.