Bills by 3 over NC St

The Wiz

Chick-Fil-A is the best over all those you mentioned. Waffle Fries with Chick-Fil-A sauce = A++, but I do like the Potato Wedges from KFC.

Since we are comparing items, I would like to get PackWolf's opinion - on BoJangles vs. KFC - Thanks in advance for your answer.

Forgot all about Chick-Fil-A. Still not my favorite but it deserved to be mentioned. But that leads me to an interesting debate. Should Subway be considered fast food? For some reason I don't see it as fast food. Maybe it's because they don't have a drive thru. Still they have some good food too. They have this deal where you can get a 12 inch sandwich for just $5. Five dollar footlong is what they call it. Best part about Subway is that you can get pretty much any sandwich that you want. Bad part is that you can pretty much only get a sandwich.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Chick-Fil-A is the best over all those you mentioned. Waffle Fries with Chick-Fil-A sauce = A++, but I do like the Potato Wedges from KFC.

Since we are comparing items, I would like to get PackWolf's opinion - on BoJangles vs. KFC - Thanks in advance for your answer.

Bojangles. Not even in close.

lol...ok those were more along the lines of responses I was expecting, with the McDonald's breakdown besting my expectations...

Trust me, we absolutely do not think just because we have athletes we are going to win this game. Especially since you seem to have an older team. Those are the teams that can really hurt us. I mean y'all were top 10 at one point, right? Still in the top 25? We didn't sniff the top 25 at any point this year.

Well, I would have to say, even if you play really well, Warren has the ability to keep us in it. He absolutely has the ability to drop 40 on anyone, no matter your game plan. He is probably the hardest to guard player in the country maybe behind only McDermott.

And by the way, our back up pg Barber didn't play the second half last night because of flu like symptoms (threw up during half time). If he can't play we really will be in trouble because we don't have another reliable ball handler to spell Lewis.

Barber probably ate some of the crappy NC BBQ Anya smuggled into Dayton. The taste of vinegar sucks coming back up.

Forgot all about Chick-Fil-A. Still not my favorite but it deserved to be mentioned. But that leads me to an interesting debate. Should Subway be considered fast food? For some reason I don't see it as fast food. Maybe it's because they don't have a drive thru. Still they have some good food too. They have this deal where you can get a 12 inch sandwich for just $5. Five dollar footlong is what they call it. Best part about Subway is that you can get pretty much any sandwich that you want. Bad part is that you can pretty much only get a sandwich.

Jack in the Box tacos... and breakfast all day.

Also ya'll shouldn't be hatin' on Opie - he is a fine PG, runs the team well and doesn't turn the ball over. Not a scorer, but will put it in if left alone. He is a good defender for someone as short and as slow as he is. His year long numbers don't look good, but he struggles for half the season, he did pick the correct time of the season to step his game up.

I have not seen much of your team, was wondering how well you deal with size? We play play five guys that are 6'8" or better.

Also ya'll shouldn't be hatin' on Opie - he is a fine PG, runs the team well and doesn't turn the ball over. Not a scorer, but will put it in if left alone. He is a good defender for someone as short and as slow as he is. His year long numbers don't look good, but he struggles for half the season, he did pick the correct time of the season to step his game up.

I have not seen much of your team, was wondering how well you deal with size? We play play five guys that are 6'8" or better.

And one guy that is 4'8." We'll pick on that guy.

Seriously, though, your size is an advantage if it translates to a meaningful rebounding edge. Based on season-long stats, I'm not sure that's going to be the case:

http://sports.bovada.lv/betting-matchups/college-basketball-lines/20140320/271-369/

SLU averages 36 boards a game vs. NC State at 34 (defensive and offensive combined).

But NC State has played well over the last few weeks while SLU has struggled. I expect it to be a close game. I can't see SLU winning by more than 10 points or so.

McDonalds is only average in the fast foot market in my opinion. They have good food and it's cheap but too inconsistent for me. A McChicken is a good option if you're wanting chicken. Quarter ponder with cheese ketchup only is usually what I go with. Personally, I'm a fan of Taco Bell. Taco Bell probably isn't super comparable to McDonalds though because of the different types of foods. One big benefit of Taco Bell though is that it is often paired with KFC. That way you have even more options. KFC is another one of my favorites. They have some really solid chicken strips and and always delicious biscuit. They have really good sides and they put them in those containers that you can bring home and then fill it with your own food and bring it to work instead of having to buy tupperware. If you want to look at burger-chains for fast food, I'd probably go with Sonic although one time one of my friends found a bandaid on her burger there. But that's never happened to me. I also enjoy the chicken at Sonic and they're one of the only fast food chains to have corn dogs which is always a good alternative if you want something different. Wendy's is really good too. The square burger on the circular bun presents a problem, but I still enjoy it. Burger King seems to be changing their food constantly. They used to have the best fries, but I think they've changed those. The bun is soggy sometimes but it's still a good burger. Dairy Queen is more of a dessert chain if you ask me. The food isn't bad but I'd probably prefer a Blizzard over a burger if I'm going there. Hardees is good but a little too expensive for fast food. Still I like some of the different types of foods they come out with. Definitely a solid option. Arby's is good if you want roast beef but I don't think this conversation is about roast beef. Breakfast is a whole different story, but I personally prefer Burger King because it's closest to home.

All in all, I wouldn't brag too much about McDonalds. It's good and cheap, but that doesn't make it the best. Just depends on what you're in the mood for.

Absolutely outstanding '13 I'm laughing hysterically in the middle of the plane...they might call the FAA

McDonalds is only average in the fast foot market in my opinion. They have good food and it's cheap but too inconsistent for me. A McChicken is a good option if you're wanting chicken. Quarter ponder with cheese ketchup only is usually what I go with. Personally, I'm a fan of Taco Bell. Taco Bell probably isn't super comparable to McDonalds though because of the different types of foods. One big benefit of Taco Bell though is that it is often paired with KFC. That way you have even more options. KFC is another one of my favorites. They have some really solid chicken strips and and always delicious biscuit. They have really good sides and they put them in those containers that you can bring home and then fill it with your own food and bring it to work instead of having to buy tupperware. If you want to look at burger-chains for fast food, I'd probably go with Sonic although one time one of my friends found a bandaid on her burger there. But that's never happened to me. I also enjoy the chicken at Sonic and they're one of the only fast food chains to have corn dogs which is always a good alternative if you want something different. Wendy's is really good too. The square burger on the circular bun presents a problem, but I still enjoy it. Burger King seems to be changing their food constantly. They used to have the best fries, but I think they've changed those. The bun is soggy sometimes but it's still a good burger. Dairy Queen is more of a dessert chain if you ask me. The food isn't bad but I'd probably prefer a Blizzard over a burger if I'm going there. Hardees is good but a little too expensive for fast food. Still I like some of the different types of foods they come out with. Definitely a solid option. Arby's is good if you want roast beef but I don't think this conversation is about roast beef. Breakfast is a whole different story, but I personally prefer Burger King because it's closest to home.

All in all, I wouldn't brag too much about McDonalds. It's good and cheap, but that doesn't make it the best. Just depends on what you're in the mood for.

BoJangles is the business, but if you want burgers - CookOut is where it is at.

We have size but don't necessary play well against it....... Our primary inside scorer Evans is undersized at 6'5", Rob Loe Is a 6'10 Euro-big who can mix it up a bit inside and hit from outside. 6'10" John Manning is more of a defensive player at this point and will likely foul out playing around with Anya. Tanner Lancona and Reggie Agbeko are freshmen and only Lancona has cracked the rotation recently. Reggie isn't playing due to injury or time lost due to injury.

Evans made the Big Guy for New Mexico look pretty bad last year in the dance. It'll be very interesting to see how we match up.....

We have size but don't necessary play well against it....... Our primary inside scorer Evans is undersized at 6'5", Rob Loe Is a 6'10 Euro-big who can mix it up a bit inside and hit from outside. 6'10" John Manning is more of a defensive player at this point and will likely foul out playing around with Anya. Tanner Lancona and Reggie Agbeko are freshmen and only Lancona has cracked the rotation recently. Reggie isn't playing due to injury or time lost due to injury.

Evans made the Big Guy for New Mexico look pretty bad last year in the dance. It'll be very interesting to see how we match up.....

New Mexico State. Not NM. Big difference. Similar to NC and NC State.

Big dude's name is Sim Bhullar. 7'5".

I worry about this game, it helps us that NC State played last night and have to scramble to get to Orlando.

NC State is a good club, one of those teams that jelled at the end of the year and found their rotation, their roles, their identity. It is foolish to say Warren is the only player they have... and IMO they would have done well in the A-10.

Are we really healthy? The extra time may help us, depending on the nature of DE and JJ's boo-boo's. I hope so. DE seemed much better last game but I still have concern. If we are 100% healthy and with the extra time and the chip on our shoulder from the loss to the Bonnies, our "D" should carry us. We shall see.

I was waiting to hear your input but no mention of what sin city thinks? I have turned into a glass empty with big crack guy. the SOS always worried me as did the closeness of many of our wins in the streak. Now with the last few weeks slump, fact that every team has beaten us second time around, the seeming lack of coaching at end of these last few games makes me see a thumping coming our way. We haven't really been beaten Oregon style at all this season but I fear that is what is going to happen. Hoping saying and typing it will make it not happen

Watch ESPN then. we're just a bunch of self professed message board morons.

Came on this board hoping to get a little insight into your team and what to expect tomorrow night,

Hey guys. I was just dropping by to see what you thought and both sides think it should be a close, well contested game. Good Luck. Happy for you guys (and Rick M.) that you were able to finish his vision because he was a solid coach for sure.

Question for you guys, you had a phenominal start and then some struggles down the stretch, what happened that caused the lull? Just shots not falling for you?

Hey guys. I was just dropping by to see what you thought and both sides think it should be a close, well contested game. Good Luck. Happy for you guys (and Rick M.) that you were able to finish his vision because he was a solid coach for sure.

Question for you guys, you had a phenominal start and then some struggles down the stretch, what happened that caused the lull? Just shots not falling for you?

We just weren't playing as well. Too many turnovers, defense might not have been as good. Could be fatigue or the drain of a long season. All of our late season losses were in our second meetings with opponents. I'm hoping we've either had time since our loss in the A10 tournament to get our legs back, or we're still really tough in our 1st match ups against opponents. FYI, we're 25-2 in first meetings, with those losses to Wichita State and Wisconsin.

I guess there was a little upside to crapping the bed against Bonaventure.

Frank Cusumano @Frank_Cusumano 1h

SLU official tells me if Jett had to play last weekend, he would not be in the condition he is now, which is 95%. Billikens

95%. What was he going into St. Bonnie, etc.? What % was DE?

When are posters going to understand that 1) DE and JJ being banged up has affected our play dramatically the last 4-5 games and that losing to St. B might help? On "O" it does not seem as bad but they do not have the same quickness on "D".

2) after virtually clinching the A-10, we had a natural letdown. I wrote 20 times that we would struggle our final games because of this, lose 2 games or so. Think how many big name teams lost unexpectedly the last 2 weeks of the season including conference tourney's.

So many continue to say that our "D" slipped or too many turnovers, etc., like we are not playing smart and our coaching is poor.

The thing is we have no idea despite DE looking better vs. St. Bonnie how healthy they really are, and whether or not they aggravate their injuries during the NC State game. This is of concern.