Bills by 3 over NC St

The Wiz

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess there was a little upside to crapping the bed against Bonaventure.

Frank Cusumano ‏@Frank_Cusumano 1h

SLU official tells me if Jett had to play last weekend, he would not be in the condition he is now, which is 95%. Billikens

Makes sense. Silly to even worry about conference tourneys that mean little to nothing for a team that's an NCAA lock.

Makes sense. Silly to even worry about conference tourneys that mean little to nothing for a team that's an NCAA lock.

The conference tourney could have meant quite a lot to SLU. We're only guessing, but if SLU got a #5 seed after crapping out in the first round of the A-10 tourney, what would we have been seeded had we won 2 or 3 games? I mean, even one seed higher and we potentially could have avoided that potential second round match-up with Louisville.

My apologies if you were being sarcastic there.

Bills fans we should be favored in this game. Heck these guys could not beat the 2nd best team in the state the Paper Tigers, and they beat them in their own crib.

Being favored means nothing. What means something is how well we play the game. The people who have SLU favored won't be playing and I don't think NC State will be negatively affected by us being favored.

Wolfpack fan here,

As such, I am completely incapable of being overconfident against any opponent, and that certainly applies to your Billikens. Your team defensive numbers immediately jump out at me. Very impressive. TJ Warren has been the most consistently dominant NC State player I've possibly ever seen (I wasn't around for the David Thompson years) but I know that great players are sometimes held in check by great defenses...or sometimes great players just have an off game. If either of those happen, we're in deep trouble. Our role players have really stepped up lately, but I just don't see a scenario that would propel us to a win if TJ hits much below his season average.

It should be an intriguing matchup. From what I've read, you guys defend the 3 exceptionally well, but we don't shoot well from outside anyway. Also, we don't rebound well defensively, but you guys don't normally collect a ton of offensive rebounds. I admittedly haven't seen your team play, but on paper you remind me of this year's Virginia team. No individual superstars (although you do have your conference's POY) but a great overall team that is propelled by defense.

Here's hoping that everyone is healthy for both teams so they're each able to give it their best shot. Good luck if you get past us!

PS - Whoever it was that commented negatively about NC BBQ should be banned for life. Talk about my team all you want, but leave BBQ out of this!

Wolfpack fan here,

As such, I am completely incapable of being overconfident against any opponent, and that certainly applies to your Billikens. Your team defensive numbers immediately jump out at me. Very impressive. TJ Warren has been the most consistently dominant NC State player I've possibly ever seen (I wasn't around for the David Thompson years) but I know that great players are sometimes held in check by great defenses...or sometimes great players just have an off game. If either of those happen, we're in deep trouble. Our role players have really stepped up lately, but I just don't see a scenario that would propel us to a win if TJ hits much below his season average.

It should be an intriguing matchup. From what I've read, you guys defend the 3 exceptionally well, but we don't shoot well from outside anyway. Also, we don't rebound well defensively, but you guys don't normally collect a ton of offensive rebounds. I admittedly haven't seen your team play, but on paper you remind me of this year's Virginia team. No individual superstars (although you do have your conference's POY) but a great overall team that is propelled by defense.

Here's hoping that everyone is healthy for both teams so they're each able to give it their best shot. Good luck if you get past us!

PS - Whoever it was that commented negatively about NC BBQ should be banned for life. Talk about my team all you want, but leave BBQ out of this!

This is the correct way to come onto an opponent's message board...it should be a good game because we really don't blow anybody out...

Agree. SLU jumps out to early 14 point lead, up by 6 at half, down by 4 with 8 min left, RL hits a big 3 to get us up by 3 with a min left and win by 5.

No disrespect intended, but from what Ive seen/heard you guys struggle somewhat on offense so how are you going to get up by 14? I dont think either team will hold a double digit lead and it will come down to who executes the best (or has the least foul trouble) after the under 8

No disrespect intended, but from what Ive seen/heard you guys struggle somewhat on offense so how are you going to get up by 14? I dont think either team will hold a double digit lead and it will come down to who executes the best (or has the least foul trouble) after the under 8

As of late, our team has pretty much shut teams down in the 1st half on defense and built big leads (e.g. 34-24 at the half against St Bona I believe). Then in the 2nd half, they have proceeded to piss away the lead by giving up easy drives and uncontested jump shots, allowing the other team to come back on big 12-2 type runs. Hopefully this has all been because of injuries, and now that Jordair and Dwayne are healthy the defense will return to midseason form.

For whatever reason, as mentioned above, we have come out on fire offensively recently (except for the VCU loss). We do struggle on offense when viewing the game as a whole and the season as a whole. Unfortunately, I think we either get tired, fail to adjust to changes by the other team or just get complacent. We've had substantial first half leads (and even up 10 late in the 2nd half on Wichita St.), but we've done a great job of pissing away those leads.

For whatever reason, as mentioned above, we have come out on fire offensively recently (except for the VCU loss). We do struggle on offense when viewing the game as a whole and the season as a whole. Unfortunately, I think we either get tired, fail to adjust to changes by the other team or just get complacent. We've had substantial first half leads (and even up 10 late in the 2nd half on Wichita St.), but we've done a great job of pissing away those leads.

Don't get me started on that damn Wichita State game. Their undefeated regular season wouldn't have been a story if we took care of business down the stretch. We used to be so outstanding at closing out games, but this year it has been frustrating. Maybe Kwamain was a big factor in our ability to close in the past. If we were winning in the last 4-5 minutes, even by a small margin, you could almost always count on a win. Maybe our guards get tired or just don't have the killer instinct the way Kwamain did. Even in a lot of our wins this season, we'd blow a lead and then scramble late to hold on (Valpo, GMason #2, LaSalle, Rhode Island).

Another way we have won is to come out crappy on offense, but have our defense keep us in the game, until we can get our act together offensively late. Vandy, ODU and UMass are a few examples of that type of victory.

My guess is if you are down by 14 to 20 points by the half it's a wrap. Down by 2 to 8 at the half could go either way. We normally open strong and close weak. Hoping our boys can stay committed throughout like St. joes game.

Don't get me started on that damn Wichita State game. Their undefeated regular season wouldn't have been a story if we took care of business down the stretch. We used to be so outstanding at closing out games, but this year it has been frustrating. Maybe Kwamain was a big factor in our ability to close in the past. If we were winning in the last 4-5 minutes, even by a small margin, you could almost always count on a win. Maybe our guards get tired or just don't have the killer instinct the way Kwamain did. Even in a lot of our wins this season, we'd blow a lead and then scramble late to hold on (Valpo, GMason #2, LaSalle, Rhode Island).

Another way we have won is to come out crappy on offense, but have our defense keep us in the game, until we can get our act together offensively late. Vandy, ODU and UMass are a few examples of that type of victory.

I fully expect to be up by 10 and Warren hits a jumper right before the 1st half buzzer.

This is one of the hardest games to figure.

Is SLU really healthy?

Will we be back to our solid, stellar "D" and attack mode after coasting a bit, were we in letdown more those last 5 games?

Is NC State the team that jelled late in the year or did they take advantage of some teams that were coasting?

Will NC State be out of sync after the game Tues and then the quick trip?

What scares me:1) If DE and JJ are still not 100%, we cannot tell, no one will tell us at this point 2) NC State was impressive beating X so handily.

If we are 100% healthy, we should be fresh and have a chip on our shoulders from the late season swoon and win this thing.

But I don't know.

This is one of the hardest games to figure.

Is SLU really healthy?

Will we be back to our solid, stellar "D" and attack mode after coasting a bit, were we in letdown more those last 5 games?

Is NC State the team that jelled late in the year or did they take advantage of some teams that were coasting?

Will NC State be out of sync after the game Tues and then the quick trip?

What scares me:1) If DE and JJ are still not 100%, we cannot tell, no one will tell us at this point 2) NC State was impressive beating X so handily.

If we are 100% healthy, we should be fresh and have a chip on our shoulders from the late season swoon and win this thing.

But I don't know.

No one is 100% healthy at this point. DE looked fine last game.

We know all about pissing away leads. Our momentum generally lasts for 2 minutes at a time and we will go on an 8-0 spurt to give a 6-0 right back. Sounds like we are similar in a lot of psychological types of ways so it will be interesting for sure

this. though it will probably be that little mcnugget PG of theirs instead.

So is it the fact that you dont have any All Americans that you like to poke fun at it. I believe the only reason his AA status was brought up was becasue you guys were talking about how yall were going to eat his scrub, garbage self alive. You have to have some sort of skill to be one.

It's more the lack of respect for our kids. We see three star recruits downgraded by rating services after they choose us, beating much more hearlded recruits at other programs on a regular basis. Being in the ACC you probably have no idea what I'm talking about

To be fair, we don't really see this anymore.